• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Kazzy

Thanks, my wife got me started on K On (she is a Mugi fan btw) and been hooked ever since. Are they planning to do any more episodes after the film?

You're good people!

So I take it you've watched the entirety of K-ON!! (?)

I see you've already ventured into the Anime thread, so you'll get some good recommendations about other shows there, but feel free to ask in here too.

Damaged

You're good people!

So I take it you've watched the entirety of K-ON!! (?)

I see you've already ventured into the Anime thread, so you'll get some good recommendations about other shows there, but feel free to ask in here too.

Yeah all done now (even watched one of the live concerts but wasn't a big fan if im honest)

Tried reading the Manga that carries on afterwards but couldn't seem to find a decent copy in english

Kazzy

Yeah all done now (even watched one of the live concerts but wasn't a big fan if im honest)

Tried reading the Manga that carries on afterwards but couldn't seem to find a decent copy in english

Someone is bound to be able to help you with that, but I haven't started to dig that far quite yet.

And onto other subjects, here is another review:

K-ON!! - Episode 10

Uh-oh, Sawako! She is a weird one, all right. Even is she ostensibly wants to appear professional and dignified, its odd that she wouldn't want to perform again, and at her friend's wedding, no less!

L5AcX.jpg

This would make a great spin-off

It was a really good episode, and it gave the group an opportunity to goof around. I never really noticed it all that much before, but Ritsu really does like to ship Mio whenever possible! Here she does it with Sawako, after she commits the mistake of showing a little concern for her. I think Mugi may have been surpassed as the club's yuri enthusiast!

It was a nice surprise to get an actual animated performance here, because we are usually given only a little snippet (If we're lucky), but it was a nice touch, particularly how it was used as a framing device, reaffirming the clubs desire to improve.

And amidst all the craziness, Sawako is actually a likeable character, who'd have guessed?

The episode also had a few other random highlights, like Mugi achieving her dreams (aim low!), and Yui being an idiot (aim...somewhere!)

K-On! Rewatch - End

Made it all the way through with the English dub, which actually grew on me by the end. It was a little weird going from English speaking to Japanese singing but it didn't really happen enough to bother me.

This is one really good looking show on BD, and still one of my favorites. I now need to buy the K-On!! BD sets...haven't actually watched it since it first aired. In the mean time I pulled out Hougako Live on the PSP...hadn't spent much time with it before and I still suck at it now...

gniGe.png

...but I will keep practicing. Might pick up the PS3 version too.

cjkeats

In the mean time I pulled out Hougako Live on the PSP...hadn't spent much time with it before and I still suck at it now...
...but I will keep practicing. Might pick up the PS3 version too.

That game never came out on PSN did it? I want to try it, but I don't want to pay ridiculous import prices, and I got that Japanese PSN account doing nothing other than the Miku demo.

That game never came out on PSN did it? I want to try it, but I don't want to pay ridiculous import prices, and I got that Japanese PSN account doing nothing other than the Miku demo.

I don't think it did, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong. It came out right at a time where I was going a bit crazy with K-On merchandise so I had no qualms about paying what I did (I'm guessing somewhere in the neighborhood of $70-$90). Fun game, especially now that I've dug into it a bit more.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
The game was pretty fun for what it was. I hoped SEGA would have made a full proper sequel with way more songs and stuff to do. Guess it's a bit late now, but you never know.

Kazzy

I have my doubts about the show, but my body is somewhat ready all the same. New episode soon.

*SOME GIRL*

She's just a pretender:

EDIT: And have some more K-ON!!:

K-ON!! - Episode 11

Simpsons did it! Simpsons did it! Remember that episode where it was too hot, and they had no air-conditioning? Yeah, it's sort of like that. The episode pretty much consisted of them coping with ways of dealing with the heat, like wearing costumes, wearing more costumes, and stepping into Narnia. All the while, they searched for the fabled air conditioner.

There was also a spot of turtle action, and Ton-chan continues to be lovingly rendered. I can't think of another show, where details such as a turtle shedding its skin would actually be a topic, but they continually provide that little bit extra. I know some would question why they'd even bother (or that it's boring), but in my opinion, it really adds to the overall feel. It feels like a club-room, rather than just a setting that exists within the confines of those 20+ minutes. I remember it was executed in much the say way with Haruhi, where previous (and future) episodes were continually referenced in the ever-changing decorations/trinkets. It's not quite as manic here, but there are some subtle changes as the series move on, like the scribbles on the board.

And it was a happy ending! But, Yui continues to be an idiot, so there's that.

Articalys

The conclusion to Aki Toyosaki's Rocksmith challenge is now live. After three weeks of practice, can she jakka-jan with the best of them?

lol nope. But at least she looks cute trying.

Kazzy

Indeed. All reports of his death have been greatly exaggerated.

Mainly by me!

So, Chet, lets get down to business, when are changing to a Mugi avatar?

Metrotab

Banned
There was also a spot of turtle action, and Ton-chan continues to be lovingly rendered. I can't think of another show, where details such as a turtle shedding its skin would actually be a topic, but they continually provide that little bit extra. I know some would question why they'd even bother (or that it's boring), but in my opinion, it really adds to the overall feel. It feels like a club-room, rather than just a setting that exists within the confines of those 20+ minutes. I remember it was executed in much the say way with Haruhi, where previous (and future) episodes were continually referenced in the ever-changing decorations/trinkets. It's not quite as manic here, but there are some subtle changes as the series move on, like the scribbles on the board.

I find this to be the most impressive aspect of K-On!, and a great example of how deep and detailed Kyoto Animation fleshes out the universe with its adaptations, and the effort they put into this show is astounding. An entire discography of songs, stretching out the third year to two cours with lots of original anime content, fantastic visual production values. I heard they specifically chose one of their female key animators as director as to make the show and cast more natural feeling. The show has this 'completeness' and class about it, which you don't often get.

You could easily see the K-On! manga being adapted as a silly one-cour gag show anime instead, basically reproducing the manga verbatim, archetyping the girls relentlessly, mindless use of fanservice ploys for sales, throwing in a single song near the end and that's it.

Sorry to tell you this, but this place has become Crazy Batshit Insane Moégirl With An Eyepatch AnimeGAF.
Well, it could be worse, it could have turned into another SAOgaf thread. I think 2 of them is enough.
I'm so sick of people complaining about that show. If you hate it, stop watching it already jeez.
I find this to be the most impressive aspect of K-On!, and a great example of how deep and detailed Kyoto Animation fleshes out the universe with its adaptations, and the effort they put into this show is astounding. An entire discography of songs, stretching out the third year to two cours with lots of original anime content, fantastic visual production values. I heard they specifically chose one of their female key animators as director as to make the show and cast more natural feeling. The show has this 'completeness' and class about it, which you don't often get.

You could easily see the K-On! manga being adapted as a silly one-cour gag show anime instead, basically reproducing the manga verbatim, archetyping the girls relentlessly, mindless use of fanservice ploys for sales, throwing in a single song near the end and that's it.
While I agree with you, I'd just like to point out how the first season actually is for the most part a straight adaptation of the manga. Though I still haven't gotten my hands on the 4th volume, the second season is where they start making a lot of their own things up. Though that being said, the manga isn't like some TLR smut in comparison to the anime. Save for the rice bowl scene, the fan service scenes in the anime are taken right from the manga. But anyways, I do agree the girls in the second season really feel like real kids hanging out, which is probably why I love the show so much.
Sometimes I wonder how closely KyoAni worked with Kakifly in the making of the anime.
Going to sound really stupid here but what show is this from?
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! or also known as, Regardless of My Adolescent Delusions of Grandeur, I Want a Date!
It's a new KyoAni show this fall, only 2 episodes have aired so far. That's probably why people keep bringing up.

Chu-2 I wouldn't say is amazing, but I enjoyed the first episode. Haven't seen the second yet.
Though the show did make me wish there were more chances to see the girls' parents in K-ON! Specifically their milfs.
Ui doesn't count

Top Bottom