• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
zXeVbl.jpg

Cute!

I should probably watch evangelion to see why that was so popular. I'm not surprised with suzumiya being on that list, though. Gundam seems too low for Japan.

Probably because the mecha action is good and the girls are moe~ as fuck.
Even though I've only watched the recent Evangelion movies, I prefer mecha shows like Gurren Lagann or Rinne no Lagrange.

patapuf

While NGE is not a moe show, nor do i think the girls are geared towards that, Rei and Asuka are archetypes after which a lot of clichee (and "moe")anime girls are built after.

Madao

i watched Evangelion for the sole purpose of laughing harder at the references they make of it in Gintama. i don't think i'd have watched it otherwise.

cjkeats

I spent a better part of the summer reading about the Eva movies and the conspiracy theories around them and the series at work.

As some of you may remember, Persona 4 The Animation was the first anime I've watched in years because I will throw my money at anything branded Persona, but after that I ordered the Eva DVD's (first Anime purchase ever I believe outside of DBZ toys as a kid) because I thought to myself "I loved that anime back in high school, I bet I could pick more sense out of Evangelion now that I'm an old man" and that's where this whole return to Anime thing snowballed.

I watched K-on! the day after I finished d all of Eva, and it helped put my brain back to normal with all it's cute after it had gotten all fuckey by the theory about the movies taking place after the series instead of being just remakes.
I guess what I'm saying is, watch Evangelion, it can be an experience.

Probably not, unless you're psychic.

The best Nendoroids ever just arrived! They came with so much stuff, and the smell is intoxicating! I love it!
It also came with a stage but I haven't set it up yet because the instructions are all in moon letters.

OMG those are so cute...DO WANT. Hell, I'm still looking for school uniform Ritsu after somehow missing it twice. Guess I'll make myself feel better by ordering the K-On!! S2 BD since Right Stuf has them on sale.

I'll just throw it out there too that I love Evangelion (if the avatar didn't make it obvious). I don't really talk about it too much though since it is so polarizing.

OMG those are so cute...DO WANT. Hell, I'm still looking for school uniform Ritsu after somehow missing it twice. Guess I'll make myself feel better by ordering the K-On!! S2 BD since Right Stuf has them on sale.

They are really cute. The extra faces are even cuter, when I get time later I'll take a picture of them. Getting Nendoroids is like an addiction, once you get one, it just makes you want even more. I now really want the rest of the K-ON members.

I'll just throw it out there too that I love Evangelion (if the avatar didn't make it obvious). I don't really talk about it too much though since it is so polarizing.

Though it's been a very long time since I watched it, I seem to remember enjoying Evangelion quite a bit. I'll probably get round to rewatching it one of these days, cause I think I might have missed a fair bit of it out.

Uraizen

Banned
Alright, I've gotta ask, how much K-On merchandise do all of you own? Not including DVDs/BDs of the show itself, of course.

cjkeats

I'm almost ashamed to admit that I have none, but my t-shirt should be waiting for me when I get back from vacation. I plan on getting that Yui statue someday, but damn...shits expensive.

Alright, I've gotta ask, how much K-On merchandise do all of you own? Not including DVDs/BDs of the show itself, of course.

I've already shown all the k-on merchandise that I have in this thread already, but I'll use this as an excuse to post more pics of my new nendoroids.

Later I'll set up a shot with all of them together.

Ritsu with cat ears, why!
I guess they just thought that since she already has a head band to give her a cat ear headband. I wonder if the normal edition Ritsu Nendoroid has the ability to change headbands too.
They should have given Mio cat ears too, since you can take off her maid head thing. Well whatever, they gave her more arm options than Ritsu does, so I guess that's even enough.
rvHeF.gif

This is the only one I have ever known of.
Well there are 2 kinds of Nendoroids. There's the normal kind, and there are the Petite Nendoroids. Petites are obviously smaller and less posable. A good resource would be goodsmile's website.
I am seeing some unconfirmed news that Manga UK and Sentai may have licensed the K-On movie for their respective territories.

That would be awesome. I really want to see what they do with the dub, if they do.

Madao

i don't own any k-on merchandise. i've failed both Ritsu and Mugi.

to be fair, i don't own anything of any series. the closest i have is the Lugia/Ho-Oh/Giratina figurines that came with the preorders of their respective 4th Gen games.

i don't own any k-on merchandise. i've failed both Ritsu and Mugi.

to be fair, i don't own anything of any series. the closest i have is the Lugia/Ho-Oh/Giratina figurines that came with the preorders of their respective 4th Gen games.

The only piece of anime merchandise I own is Azunyan's teacup.

I have an Aigis figure but that's a gaming thing not anime.

Come on guys, get to it!
Ignore the fact that I had no anime figures before this year, not including old Gundam figures.
XKqbT.gif

Uraizen

Banned
Well there are 2 kinds of Nendoroids. There's the normal kind, and there are the Petite Nendoroids. Petites are obviously smaller and less posable. A good resource would be goodsmile's website.

Oooh, okay, that makes sense because I don't think the Noel one is posable at all.

I have an Aigis figure but that's a gaming thing not anime.

This sounds like me
but without the Aegis figure.

Top Bottom