• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

late, but here are some DJ Sharpnel songs that sample and/or remix K-ON!

Fuwatanity
G.M.C. [NSFW ALBUM ART]
Shine!!
Touch the angel [NSFW ALBUM ART]
Damn, how could I forget these ones? Love DJ Sharpnel
i'm telling your friends what you have become.

PKjfs.gif

Uraizen

Banned
I was actually going to use this gif at first, but at the last minute changed to gif I hadn't used yet.

You should have taken credit for it, I would have been impressed by how clever it was. Realistically, I don't care if they know or don't since it wouldn't change anything. I would just tell them the same thing I always do.
"I like what I like, shut up."

You should have taken credit for it, I would have been impressed by how clever it was. Realistically, I don't care if they know or don't since it wouldn't change anything. I would just tell them the same thing I always do.
"I like what I like, shut up."

But that's why I did change it. Not sure why I felt the need to tell you what I had planned before.
AQeRN.gif

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I'm not good at doing those little review things so I'll just put my random thoughts down. Finished episodes 1 & 2. The music is great in this anime. Also Yui doing stupid things and being klumsy has made me laugh out loud on several ocassions, might be my favourite part of the show so far.

Also it's cute. Very, very cute.

Uraizen

Banned
Waiting for the ISP tech to show up~! Visiting the K-On thread while watching BlazBlue and MGR footage~! See some awesome art and continue singing to myself~!

IUTjH.gif

On a somewhat similar vein, I did manage to draw something else. Lets compare and contrast, shall we?
Please don't, ha!
That's pretty good. The only thing you should really work on for next time is the eyes, and the collar bone. The sides of the eyes are rarely if ever drawn in, and in K-ON, they're not. The upper eye, or I guess their eyelashes are really thick in K-ON as well. And with the collar bone, they should come closer together. Oh and I think you forgot to draw Ritsu's hairline.
Other than that it's good, the hair is done really well. Keep it up!
I'm not good at doing those little review things so I'll just put my random thoughts down. Finished episodes 1 & 2. The music is great in this anime. Also Yui doing stupid things and being klumsy has made me laugh out loud on several ocassions, might be my favourite part of the show so far.

Also it's cute. Very, very cute.

I'm glad you like it!

Yeah, they're a lot harder to draw than you'd think.

That is some super awesome work, Chet. I have no artistic ability myself, sadly but I do love seeing what you and others here do :). Can't wait to see what you do with the others...since Mugi has already been mentioned I'd love to see Yui and/or Ui :D.

Kazzy

That is some super awesome work, Chet. I have no artistic ability myself, sadly but I do love seeing what you and others here do :). Can't wait to see what you do with the others...since Mugi has already been mentioned I'd love to see Yui and/or Ui :D.

DxdTS.gif

I've mentioned that I'd love a Mugi one, but yeah, can't wait!

That's pretty good. The only thing you should really work on for next time is the eyes, and the collar bone. The sides of the eyes are rarely if ever drawn in, and in K-ON, they're not. The upper eye, or I guess their eyelashes are really thick in K-ON as well. And with the collar bone, they should come closer together. Oh and I think you forgot to draw Ritsu's hairline.
Other than that it's good, the hair is done really well. Keep it up!

I'm glad you like it!

Yes, and thanks for the pointers. I'm enjoying just drawing again for the time being, but like I've said, I hope to keep it going consistently now. It always kind of bummed me out that I neglected it after primary school, always wondered where I could have taken it forward.

The picture I used for reference was a little off with certain elements, but it's fair to say that I did have the most trouble with the eyes. I think it's the anime style of them not having much detail, but instead inferring that, which I have trouble with. Which is why I'll probably face that head on and draw Mio next. The collar bone and stuff was just me adding little things when I got tired of rubbing the eyes out, so I'll go back and address those before I go over it again.

I tried to colour in that Mugi, but I have nothing to do it with!

If you don't mind me asking, is this just a hobby of yours? Do you got to art school?

I do go to an art school, but being a graphic design major, drawing isn't really something that's required. So yes, drawing is basically just a hobby for me. Of course, drawing fan art is completely just for fun for me.

Kazzy

rewatched Episode 8 of K-On! the other day and noticed these two freshfaced girls in the background

nearly 2 years later ...

Ha! I've noticed that happens quite a lot too, like with the Mio fan-club president, who appears a couple of times before that season two episode.

Yes, and thanks for the pointers. I'm enjoying just drawing again for the time being, but like I've said, I hope to keep it going consistently now. It always kind of bummed me out that I neglected it after primary school, always wondered where I could have taken it forward.

The picture I used for reference was a little off with certain elements, but it's fair to say that I did have the most trouble with the eyes. I think it's the anime style of them not having much detail, but instead inferring that, which I have trouble with. Which is why I'll probably face that head on and draw Mio next. The collar bone and stuff was just me adding little things when I got tired of rubbing the eyes out, so I'll go back and address those before I go over it again.

I tried to colour in that Mugi, but I have nothing to do it with!
If you're just trying to copy an existing picture, what I do is flip it around and draw everything upside down, so I don't let my own tendencies and quirks effect what I'm drawing.
rewatched Episode 8 of K-On! the other day and noticed these two freshfaced girls in the background

nearly 2 years later ...
It must suck to have greying hair when you're still in high school.

Ha! I've noticed that happens quite a lot too, like with the Mio fan-club president, who appears a couple of times before that season two episode.
Only in her case, she just changed her graduating year.

To step aside from the kleenex box for a little bit, it's interesting how Megumi's role was also reduced in the anime, where she basically becomes nothing more than a character-of-the-week. Though one of those manga chapters was probably cut from anime because of the fact that they insinuate that one of the girls could be seeing a dude.
lRCDy.jpg

Kazzy

To step aside from the kleenex box for a little bit, it's interesting how Megumi's role was also reduced in the anime, where she basically becomes nothing more than a character-of-the-week. Though one of those manga chapters was probably cut from anime because of the fact that they insinuate that one of the girls could be seeing a dude.

And it makes Mio look like a psychopath.

While I won't try to claim why Kakifly designed Azusa like he did, but it's pretty clear that wasn't the point of her character as a whole.

Top Bottom