• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

I posted them all here, save for that one Mugi one. You know, that one.

Good stuff in that post, but this has to be my favorite:

ZNhPD.jpg

Uraizen

Banned
Persona 4 is pretty popular in here. I'd give it a chance if it weren't a turn-based RPG! Posting from a phone always sucks.

Kazzy

Persona 4 is pretty popular in here. I'd give it a chance if it weren't a turn-based RPG! Posting from a phone always sucks.

Damn right. Amazing games. If you have a Vita, you should definitely give Persona 4 Golden a try. It's genuinely my most eagerly awaited game of the year. We could play it together!

But it's so nice to see Jun being punched in the face.

Quiet down.

How about Persona 4 Arena? I'm not too into into fighting games (or rather, I'm really bad at them) but it's pretty good even for the presentation and the story.

Kazzy

How about Persona 4 Arena? I'm not too into into fighting games (or rather, I'm really bad at them) but it's pretty good even for the presentation and the story.

But having not played Persona 3 & 4, I assume that a lot of the characterization wouldn't translate quite as well (not to mention that the story mode is essentially a visual novel) for a newcomer.

Like how awesome Yosuke is.

Kazzy

They need to stop milking 4 and go on to 5 already.

I can't wait for 5, but the cast of 4 were so strong that I haven't minded these little spin-offs.

Especially as Arena indicates that the crossover could potentially be a more permanent thing.

I would love to have that cast return and mature.

It's a franchise (and SMT in general) that has a ridiculous amount of goodwill with me.

Uraizen

Banned
Damn right. Amazing games. If you have a Vita, you should definitely give Persona 4 Golden a try. It's genuinely my most eagerly awaited game of the year. We could play it together!

My problem with it is that it has the turn-based combat which I have never liked in any game. The idea of playing it alongside someone is appealing, though. Does it require a lot of grinding to get anywhere? I despise grinding.

I have played that, but I didn't touch the story mode. I didn't like it much as a fighter and thought the only reason it was so popular is because it has persona characters. It had some damn good ideas, though.

Kazzy

My problem with it is that it has the turn-based combat which I have never liked in any game. The idea of playing it alongside someone is appealing, though. Does it require a lot of grinding to get anywhere? I despise grinding.

Not at all, it's a fairly easy game. The systems may appear deceptively complicated at first glance (like the calendar dictating when certain events happen), but it's only as in depth as you'd like it to be.

The characterization is what puts it a cut above though, you will have favorites, and you will care what happens to them. Apart from maybe MGS, I struggle to think of another series of games that I have that sort of connection with.

People will argue the case for P3, but I think that P4 is undoubtedly the superior game. And they have style (both in terms of sound and art design) for days!

You! Stay. I swear, I'm not always like this. Talk about K-On with me. Who is your favorite K-On character?

....I don't trust you, yet. And how can I talk K-on with you if I don't know anything besides some character names. Have you not seen Chet trying to make me watch it?

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
People will argue the case for P3, but I think that P4 is undoubtedly the superior game. And they have style (both in terms of sound and art design) for days!

I knew you were a good person.

No one in their right mind should be buying a Vita right now.

Exactly, at this point, just wait for the price drop next year. Reminds me that i haven't played mine in a while.

What is this, the gaming side?

Maybe, maybe not.

It's also the time for me to sleep. Work lately is making me feel very tired....
SeY2n.png

Uraizen

Banned
Not at all, it's a fairly easy game. The systems may appear deceptively complicated at first glance (like the calendar dictating when certain events happen), but it's only as in depth as you'd like it to be.

The characterization is what puts it a cut above though, you will have favorites, and you will care what happens to them. Apart from maybe MGS, I struggle to think of another series of games that I have that sort of connection with.

My problem wasn't with whether or not the combat is complicated, it's that I've never found any turn-based combat fun. The way you describe the game makes it sound like something similar to phoenix wright.

I was never in my right mind.
I already own one.

What is this, the gaming side?
[IMGhttp://i.imgur.com/IttSi.gif[/IMG]

My bad. I could start the adventures of ero-chet featuring Mio.

....I don't trust you, yet. And how can I talk K-on with you if I don't know anything besides some character names. Have you not seen Chet trying to make me watch it?

You're right not to trust me. There's an easy fix to not knowing more than the character names. Now you have two people trying to get you to watch it.

Uraizen

Banned
Bwahahaha. I'd be more afraid and inclined to watch it if this whole thread turned on me. Well.....maybe

I won't turn on you, I'll make you into a friend. I will then convince you to watch it through friendly banter and a thorough explanation of why it's an enjoyable show.

Uraizen

Banned
People need sleep, who knew!

Sleep is for the weak
and tired.

Isn't the fact that we're all posting here mean that we would want you to watch it?

I'd also like to throw in a recommendation for Kokoro Connect.
Please don't kill me, Chet.

Only you an Uraizen are. Everyone else seems to accept my fate.

Though those gifs......No must resist

Don't resist, give in, the first season is short anyway.

Ah, right, forgot to mention, all my gaming info is in my profile for those who want to add me.

Dumb question time: what order should I watch the last episodes in?
The last episode I saw was 20 (and man was that ending a fucking bummer) and a quick glance at an episode guide showed me that the extra episodes after 24 are set between the other episodes so should I watch them in chronological order so 24 is the last one I watch or should I just watch them in episode number order.
This this this! I also wish to know this before I buy Part 2 of the 2nd season. There's also the movie to consider, I have no idea where to place that, and heck we don't even know if Sentai Filmworks will pick it up for the U.S. market.

Uraizen

Banned
The last episode I saw was 20 (and man was that ending a fucking bummer) and a quick glance at an episode guide showed me that the extra episodes after 24 are set between the other episodes so should I watch them in chronological order so 24 is the last one I watch or should I just watch them in episode number order.

This this this! I also wish to know this before I buy Part 2 of the 2nd season. There's also the movie to consider, I have no idea where to place that, and heck we don't even know if Sentai Filmworks will pick it up for the U.S. market.

Well, I'm no expert, but I watched them in chronological order and it didn't affect my experience. The movie kinda covers up until episode 24, but you should probably watch it after you've finished both seasons.

OceanBlue

I might be biased because I watched them in broadcast order, but I'd watch them in broadcast order because the TV episodes reach a nice conclusion on their own and the BD-only episodes provide a nice transition into the movie. I feel like the movie was made to be watched by people who have already watched the TV series.

Uraizen

Banned
I might be biased because I watched them in broadcast order, but I'd watch them in broadcast order because the TV episodes reach a nice conclusion on their own and the BD-only episodes provide a nice transition into the movie. I feel like the movie was made to be watched by people who have already watched the TV series.

Yeah, there's a few things you miss in the movie like
azusa's entire reaction to the song that was made for her.

cjkeats

I just bought my second Vita last night.
It was white okay, don't judge me

Persona 4 is my favorite game ever.

I too, love sleep, mostly because my job requires me to be up at 4am most days. It's a lot of the reason I like the lighter slice of life animu because I can watch it while I'm half asleep and not worry about some crazy plot. Just absorb the moe.

Broadcast order is probably the best, as the last episode has its own nice ending for the whole thing.
and episode 24 is emotionally brutal. It's nicer to end on a happier note.
The special episode is best left to right before you watch the movie as it sets up what is going to happen. And it's probably best to watch the movie afterwards, as you will probably appreciate it more if you see all of the series first, but it's not required.

Last episode of Chuuni was very cute. Don't wanna post the gif yet because of spoilers, but watch it!

Every episode of Chuuni is cute. I need to watch the latest one soon, right now I got a bunch of kids ringing my doorbell and I've been giving them candy instead of watching anime.

Top Bottom