• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Uraizen

Banned
Awww, don't cry Azu-nyan. Stop making her cry. :(

Turn that frown upside down!

xDkcE.gif

I have no idea what I found.

Esura

Banned

xDkcE.gif

Awww, that's so freaking cute!

Well, I'm not completely cut off from here, just don't expect me to post much if ever. Well, until I get back on Sunday.

Cya Sunday then Tuxedo Chet.

:firehawk

This gives me an idea.

Who wants to do K-ON GAF Secret Santa? We can do it over Steam and gift each other a game up to $5 in value or something!

Also cute.

I have a Steam account but I hardly use it.

Uraizen

Banned
Who wants to do K-ON GAF Secret Santa? We can do it over Steam and gift each other a game up to $5 in value or something!

Secret Santa, uh? On one hand, I'd rather give you guys gifts personally, but on the other I don't have much money. Even at $5 a pop, I like too many of you! What about gift cards if we run into someone who doesn't use Steam much?

Gift cards would work too. But the whole point of Secret Santa is you give them a surprise itam of some kind, if you give them a gift card you remove the itam surprise.

Uraizen

Banned
Gift cards would work too. But the whole point of Secret Santa is you give them a surprise itam of some kind, if you give them a gift card you remove the itam surprise.

On one hand, I understand what you're getting at, but on the other I'd want them to use it on something they want. I don't think you can secretly gift on Steam anyway, can you? Foreign barriers might make it difficult for gift cards, though. Ahh, now I'm just spouting jibberish and thinking out loud. I don't even know if I could participate depending on how it's done.

Kazzy

Would any of k-on!GAF like a Crunchyroll 48-hour pass for the weekend? I have 2 and no one to give them to.

Maybe, but I'm guessing that, like the kind gift of a PSN+ trial that Uraizen bestowed upon me, it'll probably need a US credit card. If no one else puts themselves forward, I'll definitely give it a whirl.

EDIT: Christmas Mugi!

I'd be cool with this if it's a doable option (I have Steam but I don't use it very much).

xDkcE.gif

Sorry, but I have to quote this again...can't stop looking at her for some reason :D. Too damn adorable, especially for Azusa :p.

Going to have to hunt Google for some K-ON Christmas pics/gifs. Might try to find something I can use for an avatar.

Also, seeing as today's my birthday and I suspect that I might be one of the older K-ON GAF-ers, I'll dispense some of my only sage advice: Don't get old :p.

cjkeats

Maybe, but I'm guessing that, like the kind gift of a PSN+ trial that Uraizen bestowed upon me, it'll probably need a US credit card. If no one else puts themselves forward, I'll definitely give it a whirl.

I don't see why it would, I had no issues with a Canadian card. UK might be a different story.

Also, seeing as today's my birthday and I suspect that I might be one of the older K-ON GAF-ers, I'll dispense some of my only sage advice: Don't get old :p.

uBVrl.jpg

It was my birthday a few weeks back. Being old sucks.

Metrotab

Banned
Happy Birthday! Is it true time keeps passing by faster and faster when you get older? It's like I had spades of free time when I was a kid.

Uraizen

Banned

EDIT: Christmas Mugi!

You know I'll hook you guys up when I can. =D

Happy Birthday!

T7pvX.gif

Have some cake.

Since we're all saying our ages, 24 here.

cjkeats

24 and two weeks old here. I feel like what should be the best years are just flying by while I go to work, look at printers and say "well by, I don't know what's wrong with it, we'll have to call the Ricoh guy" all while waiting for the next semester of school to start.

Funny thing is, 15 year old Anime loving CJ would have no business watching a show like K-On!.
CJ in his 20's wants all the moe to just absorb him into a blob.

Uraizen

Banned
Funny thing is, 15 year old Anime loving CJ would have no business watching a show like K-On!.
CJ in his 20's wants all the moe to just absorb him into a blob.

Uraizen watched DBZ as a kid on Toonami, then he lost interest in anime until he moved when he was 18. Uraizen then started watching anime like Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece. Uraizen is now disappointed in two of those and is very happy he found One Piece. Uraizen then decided to try different anime when he turned 24 like K-On and well... here he is.

cjkeats

Uraizen watched DBZ as a kid on Toonami, then he lost interest in anime until he moved when he was 18. Uraizen then started watching anime like Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece. Uraizen is now disappointed in two of those and is very happy he found One Piece. Uraizen then decided to try different anime when he turned 24 like K-On and well... here he is.

Back in the old days, my favorites were Dragonball, Gundam Wing on YTV. The One Piece and Bleach fad came when I was in my "Anime is for Jerks" phase.

Now that I'm back, action shows outside Eva are boring as hell. I couldn't even get into Fate/Zero. Two of my favorites now are Oreimo, and K-On!.
The ligher stuff helps wind down now that life is all about pressure and work.

Uraizen

Banned
Back in the old days, my favorites were Dragonball, Gundam Wing on YTV. The One Piece and Bleach fad came when I was in my "Anime is for Jerks" phase.

Now that I'm back, action shows outside Eva are boring as hell. I couldn't even get into Fate/Zero. Two of my favorites now are Oreimo, and K-On!.
The ligher stuff helps wind down now that life is all about pressure and work.

I never went through a phase like that. I was the same as I am now where I just shrug and say "you like what you like." Hell, I had an ex that loved Gundam and another that got into Inuyasha while I was dating her. I never could get into either of those. Now I just like to wind down by having a good laugh. One Piece provides me with a good story and a few laughs. Kokoro Connect provided me with a good story. Romantic comedies sometimes remind me of my high school days. K-On just provided me with some good laughs and sweet music. Bla, bla bla, etc.

Uraizen

Banned
I've wanted the big Yui one for ages, but that price is an awful lot for a figure, not to mention shipping to Canada.
The Figma is reasonable I guess considering the quality those figures are, but the Yui is still around $20 more than most Figmas.
dat k-on! premium pricing.

What's a Figma? Please don't kill me, google gave me results ranging from it being a trademarked type of figure by a specific company, to figures that are just pose-able or have a lot of accessories.

This is for Watanabe and the other mugi fans:

w6jYX.jpg

cjkeats

What's a Figma? Please don't kill me, google gave me results ranging from it being a trademarked type of figure by a specific company, to figures that are just pose-able or have a lot of accessories.

That's exactly what they are. They're made by Max Factory and are super pose-able and have all kinds of accessories ranging from props to different facial expression and hair styles. The same as Nedroid, but not deformed.
I have a Chie and she's fantastic. The next on my list to get are Senjogahara and Yui.

EDIT: Official list of figures they've made here.

Uraizen

Banned
That's exactly what they are. They're made by Max Factory and are super pose-able and have all kinds of accessories ranging from props to different facial expression and hair styles. The same as Nedroid, but not deformed.
I have a Chie and she's fantastic. The next on my list to get are Senjogahara and Yui.

EDIT: Official list of figures they've made here.

But what about ones like this?

http://www.anime-island.com/product...aiden-action-play-arts-kai-action-figure.html

Aren't they basically the same thing or does it have to be made by Max Factory to count?

I like the Aegis one, but that's because I played her in P4A and- OH SHIT! ROBOCOP!

cjkeats

But what about ones like this?

http://www.anime-island.com/product...aiden-action-play-arts-kai-action-figure.html

Aren't they basically the same thing or does it have to be made by Max Factory to count?

I like the Aegis one, but that's because I played her in P4A and- OH SHIT! ROBOCOP!

That Raiden is a differnt company. Figma is a brand. That's one hell of a figure though if it's the one Kojima's been tweeting about. I think I read that it comes with the special edition of Rising in Japan.

Robocop is nothing compared to this one.

I need to buy more figures soon.

Uraizen

Banned
That Raiden is a differnt company. Figma is a brand. That's one hell of a figure though if it's the one Kojima's been tweeting about. I think I read that it comes with the special edition of Rising in Japan.

Robocop is nothing compared to this one.

I need to buy more figures soon.

Gotcha, so it must be made by Max Factory. Neat.

This is what japan is getting for their Rising SE, it looks like it might only be a different colored one.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/10/2...-package-in-japan-comes-with-raiden-figurine/

I get a plasma lamp ... -_-

Madao

heh and i thought i had the old man card in the bag (28 here). in the gaming speedrunning circles i frequent, i'm among the oldest people though.
the shows i like have barely changed over the decades. i still like what i liked in the 90s. i just add new things to my list.

Esura

Banned
heh and i thought i had the old man card in the bag (28 here). in the gaming speedrunning circles i frequent, i'm among the oldest people though.
the shows i like have barely changed over the decades. i still like what i liked in the 90s. i just add new things to my list.

I feel like I'm one of the few people around my age in my area who still watches cartoons, animes, and play games while drinking coffee tea. Everyone I know wanna get wasted and do girls raw and shit. I just wanna relax, especially after a hard day of work.

Uraizen

Banned
I feel like I'm one of the few people around my age in my area who still watches cartoons, animes, and play games while drinking coffee tea. Everyone I know wanna get wasted and do girls raw and shit. I just wanna relax, especially after a hard day of work.

Now, now, there's plenty of time to do both. Sometimes it's good to go and get wasted for a night to relieve the stress. Just don't go raw doggin'. :lol

Esura

Banned
Now, now, there's plenty of time to do both. Sometimes it's good to go and get wasted for a night to relieve the stress. Just don't go raw doggin'. :lol

I had a bad experience with drinking with other people so I drink when I'm alone now and when I'm not stressed so I don't use it as a stress relieving crutch. :p

Uraizen

Banned
I had a bad experience with drinking with other people so I drink when I'm alone now and when I'm not stressed so I don't use it as a stress relieving crutch. :p

It's only a crutch if you make it into one. I'm a fun drunk, so I just do stupid things when I'm drunk. I drink so rarely, though, that it's probably not even worth mentioning. It's just something that you might want to do every once in a while.

B8Qz8.jpg

Ah... right... K-On thread. ^_^

Top Bottom