• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Uraizen

Banned
So is it safe to assume that Chet is now...

thmlR.gif

stuck playing Paper Mario?
GET IT?!

Build on the relationship between her and Yui.

Luckily, the only problem I have at the moment is trying to figure out what to do so late at night other than post here and talk on Skype.

XOJnB.gif
One day I will own those headphones.
Assassin's Creed x K-ON!: Another A

Stage.01: Hematogenesis – Part II
Just letting you know I'm still reading this. So far I'm liking it.
All the brony haters should check out this thread instead. o_o
They already do!
just kidding, I may not care for the show, but I don't hate the people who do.
Just stoppin' by real quickly here:
There's no other way to put this but, am I correct in assuming aguirre was an active poster in this thread?
Someone who lurks here had something to ask aguirre, would really appreciate if anyone has his contact details (Skype, AIM or whatever).
To echo what Billiechu said, she only posted once here before, and that was right before she got banned.

GET IT?!
Horrible pun.

Metrotab

Banned
I have never owned a real quality pair of headphones.

Since I pretty much listen to music non-stop, it's gonna be a spiritual experience when I do.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Same, i never had "quality" headphones. Also i never had any sound system of any kind. As long as there is sound and it doesn't sound fuzzy or crackled, i'm happy.

It was okay until a certain point where it completely jumped the shark. Now it's growing more ridiculous every second, like Code Geass where it's a trainwreck and they keep sending more trains.

That's kind of why I stuck with Code Geass actually...the ridiculousness was entertaining in its own way.

As for AC, I'm having the Wii U version of 3 sent to me just out of curiosity. I've spoiled myself some on the prior story so I don't mind jumping in at this point. If I like it I might check out the older games.

Just letting you know I'm still reading this. So far I'm liking it.

Same here. Really great work!

GET IT?!

Might be a bad pun but I still lol'd :).

Good for you! I've never been one to be very athletic, as I had asthma problems as a kid, but I like to go for walks and ride my bike every so often.

Thanks Chet! Running is sort of my way to get away from stuff and clear my head. I know some people (rightfully) think that all this running is crazy, but I enjoy doing it and seeing what I can accomplish. I actually started doing it to lose weight in college 10 years ago (was obese through HS and 1st year of college) and ended up liking it more than I thought I would.

I need to get some more HTT in my running playlists though...just had the OP/ED's for the race mixed in with some J-Pop, K-Pop and video game music.

Kazzy

I will also one day like to have her phone too. Marketing at work.

What's the phone? I only recognised Ritsu's because it was a Sony Ericsson, and I used to own the same model. At least, that what I assumed it was.

AKG are generally excellent, you can't go wrong with those. I'd only pay that sort of money (the K701's specifically) if you're an audiophile, though. Trying to justify to people why I spend so much money on headphones is always fun!

Metrotab

Banned
Thanks Chet! Running is sort of my way to get away from stuff and clear my head. I know some people (rightfully) think that all this running is crazy, but I enjoy doing it and seeing what I can accomplish. I actually started doing it to lose weight in college 10 years ago (was obese through HS and 1st year of college) and ended up liking it more than I thought I would.

I need to get some more HTT in my running playlists though...just had the OP/ED's for the race mixed in with some J-Pop, K-Pop and video game music.

I love the meditative effect of running too. Unfortunately, freezing temperatures are coming soon (as well as early darkness) and I don't know if those weather conditions would have an adverse effect on my health.

Yeah I like to walk outside just to clear my mind. Also helps if it's raining/snowing, but I can't really control that. hehehe
And I don't have any ipod or anything like that so I just whistle/hum songs that come to mind. Which lately has been Listen!! for some reason.
What's the phone? I only recognised Ritsu's because it was a Sony Ericsson, and I used to own the same model. At least, that what I assumed it was.

AKG are generally excellent, you can't go wrong with those. I'd only pay that sort of money (the K701's specifically) if you're an audiophile, though. Trying to justify to people why I spend so much money on headphones is always fun!

IgiKz.jpg

I don't know. All I know is that I want it.

I love the meditative effect of running too. Unfortunately, freezing temperatures are coming soon (as well as early darkness) and I don't know if those weather conditions would have an adverse effect on my health.

I guess it depends on your individual medical situation but I've been out at least in 10 degree (Fahrenheit) weather with no trouble. Requires more gear/layers but it's doable. If I really don't want to do that I'll hit the treadmill at the gym, though I really kinda hate treadmills. It's just not the same.

I guess it depends on your individual medical situation but I've been out at least in 10 degree (Fahrenheit) weather with no trouble. Requires more gear/layers but it's doable. If I really don't want to do that I'll hit the treadmill at the gym, though I really kinda hate treadmills. It's just not the same.
Yeah, it's mostly the sights I see that make it worthwhile for me, but I don't run really. And running in the winter is hard on my lungs.
Lame phone is lame.

No u
I don't really care for what the phone is capable of or anything. I just want it because it's Mio's...

I just looked up the AKG website...and holy crap at those K3003's. I'd be willing to go for one of their more inexpensive products, though. I do really need new headphones.

Yeah, it's mostly the sights I see that make it worthwhile for me, but I don't run really. And running in the winter is hard on my lungs.

Actually, I don't run a whole lot outside during the more extreme cold for the same reason. Breathing does get tougher, for sure. The humidity in the summer can be tough too. Walking in it for me can be kinda worse...when I go to Ohio for Christmas my fam usually wants to go see the Toledo Zoo Christmas lights, but inevitably it's always sub-freezing and windy :/.

Running definitely isn't for everyone though...I've had a number of minor injuries this year that set me back (and shoulder surgery), but I'm just really stubborn when it comes to doing it I guess.

Kazzy

No u
I don't really care for what the phone is capable of or anything. I just want it because it's Mio's...

Come now, Chet. You know I condone the frivolousness spending on K-ON! related merchandise, but there are better things to be buying than that!

I just looked up the AKG website...and holy crap at those K3003's. I'd be willing to go for one of their more inexpensive products, though. I do really need new headphones.

You usually get what you pay for with headphones, and if you know that you're going to get good use out of them, then they're generally worth the premium. Obviously there are exceptions, Beats, I'm looking at you.

These are my current pair, Audio Technica ATH-ES7

You usually get what you pay for with headphones, and if you know that you're going to get good use out of them, then they're generally worth the premium. Obviously there are exceptions, Beats, I'm looking at you.

These are my current pair, Audio Technica ATH-ES7

Yeah, the Beats were never in consideration. Your pair does actually look pretty good, and it's not too expensive on Amazon even though it's a third party seller. I'll keep it on my short list at any rate.

All I have in the way of headphones is a couple of pairs of skullcandy in ear squidgy things. They're good enough for now! No point in me shelling out a fortune for good headphones until I have something worth plugging them into, like a decent desktop.

Uraizen

Banned
All I have in the way of headphones is a couple of pairs of skullcandy in ear squidgy things. They're good enough for now! No point in me shelling out a fortune for good headphones until I have something worth plugging them into, like a decent desktop.

Don't even get me started on what my headphones are plugged into. Easily the worst part of my PC, but it's good enough.

Emitan

I'm using $4 earbuds from China that are made of wood. They cost 1/5 the price of Apple earbuds INCLUDING SHIPPING and sound 10x better.

Don't even get me started on what my headphones are plugged into. Easily the worst part of my PC, but it's good enough.

Haha, I'm stuck with the default one inside my laptop =\

My laptop has a broken audio jack :(

This happened on the laptop I palmed off on my friend when I bought this one a couple months ago. It was easily the single most annoying computer related breakage I've ever experienced.

Madao

heh now i'm feeling a bit too hardcore.

i used to have broken stitched up headphones in the 90s (they were so bad that one of the speakers was from a different set that broke and i fused them together) but i tossed those away years ago when i got a portable pair. the portable ones were good enough for a while but later i decided i wanted big ones again and got my current ones. the thing is that i got them by the time i had my own home theater set up and they have seen very little use. they still look new and i got then like 3 or 4 years ago. most of my music listening is done on car so it is even harder to find a situation where i can use them (i use them to listen to music when going to sleep but that happens like once every few months)

i've had a home theater since like 10 years ago and 2 years ago i hooked up my PC to it when i got my upgarded one (previous one didn't have HDMI). i'm glad i never invested in a sound card since this would have made it useless. my TV and PC are practically 1 device nowadays with this setup. i had tiny speakers in the 90s :p

it is kinda ironic i'm tech inclined like that and yet i was never into PC gaming and was mostly just into Nintendo-made games. my TV's going to have it's first HD console when i get the Wii U.

Top Bottom