• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Uraizen

Banned
A likely excuse.

I am the superior.

6JZWT.gif

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate 1-3:

The eroge with a real plot is probably inherently easier to adapt to an anime and remove the ero elements. It's instructive to realize that the Fate franchise became as big as it did in spite of the original game's ero elements, not because of them. If you haven't read the original Fate/Stay night VN, you wouldn't even know that the whole thing started as an eroge. Subsequent entries in the franchise have excised the ero elements and the result was large-scale success.

Koichoco benefits from also having some kind of real plot and so removal of the ero elements still results in an actual story which can be adapted and stand on it's own as being interesting to watch. The other difficult thing with adapting these sorts of things is that there are multiple routes and so the anime ends up having several options in how to adapt the story. Something like Amagami SS has minimal story of it's own outside the player's interaction with the girl so the omnibus format works out best there. With stories that have an overarching plot like F/SN and Koichoco, it's possible to adapt just one route as the anime story and focus on the overarching plot. That's the direction Koichoco seems to be taking.

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate 1-3:

The eroge with a real plot is probably inherently easier to adapt to an anime and remove the ero elements. It's instructive to realize that the Fate franchise became as big as it did in spite of the original game's ero elements, not because of them. If you haven't read the original Fate/Stay night VN, you wouldn't even know that the whole thing started as an eroge. Subsequent entries in the franchise have excised the ero elements and the result was large-scale success.

Lame.

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate 4:

It's always interesting to see how the creators of eroges fit in the various popular tropes for the player's waifu options. The 'poor girl with a heart of gold' trope is one of the common ones. We've already been introduced to the 'childhood friend' (Chisato <3), the 'quiet girl' (Michiru <3), the 'serious girl' (Satsuki), and the 'ojou-sama' (Mifuyu). This episode had a fair amount of time dedicated to the poor girl with a heart of gold, Isara. As you would expect from a school setting, the poor girl spends a great deal of time being bullied by other students for being poor. Japan is actually a country which is notorious for the degree of bullying that goes on in it's schools, a likely consequence of the rigid social uniformity demanded by their culture.

Aguirre

/sigh

im power pooped from the festive season

i woke up this morning tired even though i slept well ;_;

tumblr_mf1dqrQHWi1rgl9s4o1_500.gif

what do i do k-on gaf? ;_;

Do you have any other older choices written out that we didn't see? I wouldn't mind seeing those.

I didn't write any of them down, but I fleshed a bunch out in my head if you want to ask about any specifics. Now, let's finish this.

Jun had just finished putting the last member of Azusa's endless menagerie back into the closet when she heard a toilet flush. This was is it; this was her chance to confess her love to Azusa. She would have to pounce as soon as Azusa entered the room, otherwise she might chicken out. But maybe that wasn't the best idea? Azusa had seemed very flustered earlier, so perhaps she should play it cool? Jun wasn't sure yet, but she would have to decide very soon because the door was opening!

Inch by inch, the door slowly opened. Oh crap, Jun though to herself as Azusa slowly came into view, what should I do? Before she could decide, Azusa spoke first, "Jun, I..." Her bright red face glowed with embarrassment and her body somehow looked even smaller than it usually did, but Jun stared so intently at her lips that she didn't notice. So pink, so...animated as they came together and apart forming words...

Suddenly, Jun lunged forward and placed her pointer finger on Azusa's lips, interrupting her fledgling sentence. "Shh, before that, I have something I need to tell you," Jun stated confidently. What the hell am I doing, Jun thought. How can this not end in disaster? Azusa looked positively stunned. What could Jun say to her? She began again. "Azusa, I..."

How should Jun handle this?
>Be direct
>Be indirect
>Be super direct
>Be super indirect
>Escape

Aw crud I completely forgot about this one, I was all set for it earlier today but then... whoops slipped my mind. Wasn't even doing anything really... literally all I did tonight was study Malay, yet somehow that was enough to distract me.

Oh well, I'll have to pay more attention next time.

Madao

i missed the ep since i spent like 7 hours playing nintendoland with a friend. we had to make the day count since she's not having much free time due to summer classes.
(before anyone asks, summer is at the start of the year in my country)

Aw crud I completely forgot about this one, I was all set for it earlier today but then... whoops slipped my mind. Wasn't even doing anything really... literally all I did tonight was study Malay, yet somehow that was enough to distract me.

Oh well, I'll have to pay more attention next time.
There's always next time!
i missed the ep since i spent like 7 hours playing nintendoland with a friend. we had to make the day count since she's not having much free time due to summer classes.
(before anyone asks, summer is at the start of the year in my country)
I'm going to take a wild guess and say New Zealand.
If we do it weekends, could we do it later instead of earlier? Like 8 PM Pacific/11 PM Eastern?

That might be hard for those that live in Europe, though I suppose that would be up to them to decide.

that's 4am GMT, no one here in Europe would be awake :(

last nights things-in-the-background-i-hadn't-noticed-before were from Yui's pre-credits dash to school from the first episode

At some point in the (first?) episode, I noticed someone stood, peering out of a doorway in the background. I might just be tripping though :p

Top Bottom