• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Yesterday at work I took a gander through the respective voice actresses (or seriyues is it?), and discovered some interesting stuff. (interesting to me anyways)
Anyone who has paid attention to me knows I get my kicks out of the fabled imouto shows. I discovered that our dear old Azusa shares a voice with queen tsun-tusn herself, and another favorite brocon sufferer. I think I like Azusa a little bit more now.
Yui somehow shares a voice with Medaka, which I can't fathom that at all. Same voice as Chitose from Yur Yuri too, which I can totally hear now that I know. Kinda sounds like Yui plugging her nose. Apparently she voices Momo from To Love-Ru as well, and while I was home over the holidays I rend this entire manga. She's bestgirl material, so this discovery excites me as I just started the show.
Ritsu shares a voice with Hyouka's obvious best girl, which I also would have never guessed.

It always fascinating to see a connection like that between some of my favorite shows/characters, even if this is old news to most of you.
I like looking up the credits some voice actors have. Aki (Yui's Voice) voices just about everything. lol She even did the voice of the female MC in the Pokemon Black 2 White 2 Promo short. In fact, Ayana (Azusa's voice) does Bel/Bianca's voice in that short too.
Some others I know out of the K-ON! cast is, Yoko (Mio's voice) Also did Miu's voice from Hagure Yuusha no Estetica, Houki from Infinite Stratos, Saki from Medaka Box Adnormal, and Hana from The Qwaser of Stigmata
Then Minako (Mugi's voice) did the voices of Nekomi from Medaka Box, Izumi from Queen's Blade Rebellion, Senhime from Samurai Girls, Henmi the Miku cosplayer from Hyouka, and Chifusa from Manyuu Hikenchou
I also notice that a lot of times, some of the K-ON! voice actors will be on the same show, like Aki does a voice on Manyuu and Qwaser and Satomi (Ritsu's voice) does work in Oreimo.
Just some observations.
No wonder I hate Asuna so much >_>
However, she does play Lala Satalin Deviluke and Corticarte in Polyphonica. shit now Im conflicted.
He meant Azusa. She doesn't voice Asuna from SAO
An unexpected crossover!

5oxXpl.jpg
That is rather unexpected. About the only thing they have in common is that they're from recent popular shows. I suppose that's good enough.

cjkeats

I'll have to see where exactly all my pictures are at from when I was there, if anyone wants to see them.
I would!

I like looking up the credits some voice actors have. Aki (Yui's Voice) voices just about everything. lol She even did the voice of the female MC in the Pokemon Black 2 White 2 Promo short. In fact, Ayana (Azusa's voice) does Bel/Bianca's voice in that short too.
Some others I know out of the K-ON! cast is, Yoko (Mio's voice) Also did Miu's voice from Hagure Yuusha no Estetica, Houki from Infinite Stratos, Saki from Medaka Box Adnormal, and Hana from The Qwaser of Stigmata
Then Minako (Mugi's voice) did the voices of Nekomi from Medaka Box, Izumi from Queen's Blade Rebellion, Senhime from Samurai Girls, Henmi the Miku cosplayer from Hyouka, and Chifusa from Manyuu Hikenchou
I also notice that a lot of times, some of the K-ON! voice actors will be on the same show, like Aki does a voice on Manyuu and Qwaser and Satomi (Ritsu's voice) does work in Oreimo.
Just some observations.
The few I pointed out were shows I've watched, which is why they stood out to me. It's amazing to see all these characters and hear the range they have. My mind is still trying to process Yui=Medaka.
By the way, your choice of pictures for some of those is lewdoutstanding. Two thumbs up.

He meant Azusa. She doesn't voice Asuna from SAO
I swear I can spell things right, but only every second day. Either way, I'm sure he hates both, even if he shouldn't hate precious little Azu-cat.

I'll have to see where exactly all my pictures are at from when I was there, if anyone wants to see them.
I most definitely would want to see.
The few I pointed out were shows I've watched, which is why they stood out to me. It's amazing to see all these characters and hear the range they have. My mind is still trying to process Yui=Medaka.
By the way, your choice of pictures for some of those is lewdoutstanding. Two thumbs up.

Yeah Medaka is probably the furthest from Yui I've heard from her, though sometimes when she gets flustered she starts sounding like Yui. I was just posting ones I knew of, and maybe get people interested in seeing the shows maybe...
And yeah some of them are lewdoutstanding, but for some of them, it's hard not to find lewdoutstanding pictures of them.
I swear I can spell things right, but only every second day. Either way, I'm sure he hates both, even if he shouldn't hate precious little Azu-cat.

Haha, no worries, I knew exactly who you were talking about.

I talk about different seiyuus in the IRC all the time. I've also mentioned them in some of the stuff I write about shows I'm watching.

I can't wait for Miiverse to be on PCs too so we can just share our posts directly. I've taken a quite a few pictures of my Miiverse posts now, bah.

Nintendo doesn't exactly ever make anything for PCs. And I'm not going buy a Wii U. I just sold my Wii after it sat around and gathered dust for a year of ownership. That means that I've bought and sold a Gamecube and a Wii. I'm done buying Nintendo consoles, because all I do is not play them and then sell them.

If I could actually draw, I would just share my drawings directly from my Galaxy Note II to the Internet. I don't get why Chet doesn't have a Note II by now, it's arguably the most amazing portable electronic sketchpad ever made in addition to being currently the world's most advanced smartphone.

I talk about different seiyuus in the IRC all the time. I've also mentioned them in some of the stuff I write about shows I'm watching.

I know I read them, as far as to not spoil myself if it's a show I want to watch. I remembered you mentioned quite a few of the K-ON! cast members are in Dog Days, like Yoko Hikasa. Which reminds me I was looking things up, and apparently there's going to be a season 2 of Samurai Girls, for some reason, and more of the K-ON! cast is going to be joining the voice cast. Unless that info was wrong.
Nintendo doesn't exactly ever make anything for PCs.
They actually stated already that they'll eventually get Miiverse on other devices at some point.

And I prefer to sketch on actual paper first.

cjkeats

Me and my kindle are in an off and on relationship. I like it because with cloud reader and mobile apps, I can read anywhere even when I shouldn't be(like work).
I don't read many books though, even though if like to. I'm currently reading the Haruhi Suzumiya books, because I found them all on kindle.
Books are also sometimes cheaper.
I love the future.

Me and my kindle are in an off and on relationship. I like it because with cloud reader and mobile apps, I can read anywhere even when I shouldn't be(like work).
I don't read many books though, even though if like to. I'm currently reading the Haruhi Suzumiya books, because I found them all on kindle.
Books are also sometimes cheaper.
I love the future.

They're on the kindle?! I've bought all of the translated ones off amazon in book form :p

Metrotab

Banned
I am a physical media elitist when it comes to literature. Completely irrational, but reading PDFs is so... lifeless.

I actually bought myself a book for Christmas. Thinking of buying more to create my own little library.

cjkeats

They're on the kindle?! I've bought all of the translated ones off amazon in book form :p

They are, Looks like most of them to published to kindle in September. I've been having an itch to rewatch the show, but decided to read the books instead, seeing as they're still going, and like K-on, 2 seasons and a movie are all we're probably gonna get :(

They are, Looks like most of them to published to kindle in September. I've been having an itch to rewatch the show, but decided to read the books instead, seeing as they're still going, and like K-on, 2 seasons and a movie are all we're probably gonna get :(

Unfortunately so :( In both cases, they were 2 damn good series, and 2 amazing movies, but more would still be nice!

Madao

the only things i get digital are because i'm saving money vs getting them physical.

at the same price, i'd buy physical whenever possible.

there's a few games i'd get physical even if they costed me more but the launch U games aren't there (i got NSMBU digital)

cjkeats

Unfortunately so :( In both cases, they were 2 damn good series, and 2 amazing movies, but more would still be nice!

Indeed they were. I like how with Haruhi, you can really see the big transition in art styles as it goes along from key-faces, to k-on style. It's really apparent if you watch in the chronological order and are jumping back and forth between seasons.
Koyani are so good at what they do. Tamako Market is gonna be so great.
I hope

You gotta believe!
Winter 2013. BELIEVE.

Indeed they were. I like how with Haruhi, you can really see the big transition in art styles as it goes along from key-faces, to k-on style. It's really apparent if you watch in the chronological order and are jumping back and forth between seasons.
I hope

Winter 2013. BELIEVE.

They really are great at what they do :p Can't wait for Tamako, it's so soon!

cjkeats

I like my Wii games too, I just never wanna play them. Still got last story sitting there untouched. :(

Holy shit guys my Amiami package I ordered is here. I ordered it on the 28th. I'm still waiting for stuff I ordered from before Christmas to get here from the states.
This is a big deal to me that something came all the way from Japan so fast, when I wasn't expecting it for two months. Sorry fo the off topic rant, I'm just in shock and aw over here and I had to get it out and twitter only takes 140 characters at a time.

Holy shit guys my Amiami package I ordered is here. I ordered it on the 28th. I'm still waiting for stuff I ordered from before Christmas to get here from the states.
This is a big deal to me that something came all the way from Japan so fast, when I wasn't expecting it for two months. Sorry fo the off topic rant, I'm just in shock and aw over here and I had to get it out and twitter only takes 140 characters at a time.

Show me show me show me!

I like my Wii games too, I just never wanna play them. Still got last story sitting there untouched. :(

Global Express Mail/Post actually works very quickly, especially if you are ordering it from a country to a country which does a lot of international commerce, i.e. Japan to the US.

Hyouka 5:

Well, that's the end of this arc. I spend more time admiring the animation than I do paying attention to the story, but it was actually a pretty interesting story to me because of my past association with a school pretty famous for it's student movements back in the 1960's and 70's.

Chitanda is Class S waifu material. That's a rare classification indeed, I don't think I've ever classified more than 5 waifus total with a ranking that high.

Kazzy

I hope

You hope? YOU HOPE!?

We're going to need something a little stronger than that.

------------------------

And on he subject of Wii games, Rhythm Heaven Fever, or whatever name it was called over here, I forget. Superior version, though, it has both language audio tracks. Everyone should play it.

Hyouka 5:

Well, that's the end of this arc. I spend more time admiring the animation than I do paying attention to the story, but it was actually a pretty interesting story to me because of my past association with a school pretty famous for it's student movements back in the 1960's and 70's.

Chitanda is Class S waifu material. That's a rare classification indeed, I don't think I've ever classified more than 5 waifus total with a ranking that high.

Haha, she really is great!
Mayaka is a close second. VERY CLOSE. Just not as quirky.

Kazzy

Hyouka 5:

I always found her to veer more on the irritating side than anything, though Mayaka is great!

Hyouka maintains such a deliberate pace, but I'm willing to bet that you'll wonder where all that time went by the end, it's just so well executed at every turn.

The movie mystery is probably the true litmus test, and you'll be able to see whether it is truly to your liking. The culture festival arc is the highlight for most, though, it draws in the entire cast in a really satisfying way and concludes in an extremely
bitter-sweet fashion.
It was that section of the show that raised some themes that really resonated with me. If you make it that far, I'll happily discuss them with you!

I'll let you discover Misaki for yourself!

cjkeats

Show me show me show me!
Tsun-tsun arrived.
A copule more in here. Also, Figma veterans, how is this supposed to work? It's obviously a stand, but it looks like it's supposed to connect into something somehow. Or are the tiny flaps on each side for nothing?

You hope? YOU HOPE!?
We're going to need something a little stronger than that.

And on he subject of Wii games, Rhythm Heaven Fever, or whatever name it was called over here, I forget. Superior version, though, it has both language audio tracks. Everyone should play it.

I was raised to not get my hopes up so the payoff is bigger or the disappointment is smaller.
Rthym Heaven Fever is one of the best games of all time. Fact.

Misaki is better than Mayaka or Chitanda.

I'm not that far yet.

A copule more in here. Also, Figma veterans, how is this supposed to work? It's obviously a stand, but it looks like it's supposed to connect into something somehow. Or are the tiny flaps on each side for nothing?

I had to ask in IRC how to put Azunyan on her stand. You could try there I guess.

Hyouka 6:

This standalone episode seems to exist primarily to establish that Minimal Effort Sherlock is now tsundere for Chitanda. It's rare to see the role of the tsundere fall on the male lead instead of the female lead. I'm okay with this, it's apparently only in Japan that the female is always the tsundere. Everyone else knows that both males and females can be tsundere.

cjkeats

Mystery solved, it's a cover for the separately sold "di:stage".

I'm not really familiar with figmas, though I wish I got the Samus one when I had the chance. I wonder if finding the Mio one would be hard...

My original plan was to order a k-on figma or Nendoroid, but like most k-on things, they were sold out and the only used one they had was a mugi Nendoroid. I like Mugi and all, but she'd be last on the purchase list.

Mystery solved, it's a cover for the separately sold "di:stage".
The stage that came with my limited edition Mio and Ritsu Nendoroids is actually one of those. I should have figured that out.
My original plan was to order a k-on figma or Nendoroid, but like most k-on things, they were sold out and the only used one they had was a mugi Nendoroid. I like Mugi and all, but she'd be last on the purchase list.

Yeah, I don't really look through AmiAmi for K-ON! stuff. Pretty much everything is sold out. lol

Top Bottom