• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

i have you beaten. i wasn't approved until like 1 year after i registered.

The reason I'm using amishpriest99 and not just amishpriest here is that I don't think the latter ever got approved, for some reason. The former did get approved in around three months I believe.

also, all this smartphone talk has been flying over my head. i'm with my 2007 dumbphone and i've yet to find a need to get one (i'd find more use in a tablet or laptop first)

I thought the same thing...then I got an iPhone. Don't know what I'd do without a smartphone now. Just the fact that I have a bunch of Cave shmups in my pocket all the time is pretty damn cool :).

I think I still have my old baby blanket around here somewhere. Nothing wrong with that.
pZ7fV.gif

I think I still have a Christmas ornament from when I was a baby. My parents weren't big into baby mementos...not even that many pics.

I miss Mugi.

Twintail Mugi ftw :D.

I think I still have my old baby blanket around here somewhere. Nothing wrong with that.
pZ7fV.gif

I still have my teddy bear from preschool. He just chills next to the bed now. Dunno what I'll do with him when I finish my move down to the basement. O_O;;

Trying to adapt to drawing with a tablet really is hard. It would probably be easier to draw as usual on my sketchbook but with reference art just right there on the monitor. I'll try to bang something out at work in the meantime.

cjkeats

I still have my baby blanket with me and use it regularly, chilling on the couch or whatever. The woman who made it kept a lot of the material and kept expanding it as I grew up until she ran out. I plan on giving it to my first child, whenever that may be.

Esura

Banned
I still have my baby blanket with me and use it regularly, chilling on the couch or whatever. The woman who made it kept a lot of the material and kept expanding it as I grew up until she ran out. I plan on giving it to my first child, whenever that may be.

That's adorable. That's one nice lady and you should name your first born after her.

cajunator

Banned
I still have my two favorite stuffed penguins (some kind of Avon stuffed animal thing) from 30 years ago. they are still up in my closet and I'm never getting rid of them.

It is done! Rooted the phone and installed it. Now I just have to trawl through the list and pick a waifu... :)

I'm not lonely, I swears!...

I think I still have a Christmas ornament from when I was a baby. My parents weren't big into baby mementos...not even that many pics.

Hah, I've got the same thing. Actually just this Christmas my mom moved, and when she was looking for the decorations and couldn't find them she thought she threw them out... but next day she realized she just let a friend hold onto them during the move. Phew~

It is done! Rooted the phone and installed it. Now I just have to trawl through the list and pick a waifu... :)

I'm not lonely, I swears!...

There are so many waifus to choose from!

It's okay if you can't pick just one. You will have 8 waifus by level 40 and from there you get a slot every 10 levels.

Trying to adapt to drawing with a tablet really is hard. It would probably be easier to draw as usual on my sketchbook but with reference art just right there on the monitor. I'll try to bang something out at work in the meantime.
It's hard at first, but you'll eventually get used to it. I still like to sketch out on paper too, so it's not like one or the other kind of thing.
Ok, more K-on! today.
Left off on episode 3.
More cuteness lies ahead!

cFurz.gif

The next two episodes are some of the best in the season!

cajunator

Banned
It's hard at first, but you'll eventually get used to it. I still like to sketch out on paper too, so it's not like one or the other kind of thing.

cFurz.gif

The next two episodes are some of the best in the season!

Good to know.
Have to go get some food first though.

Also, feel free to post more of ritsu <3

There are so many waifus to choose from!

It's okay if you can't pick just one. You will have 8 waifus by level 40 and from there you get a slot every 10 levels.

It seems it wasn't meant to be! I can't access any of the menu options at the bottom of the screen for some reason...

Any suggestions? :p

I'm not exactly sure what you mean? There aren't any menu options. The icons on the bottom of the screen are tabs. Tap them to switch from tab to tab.

Lmao, I just typed out a massive post explaining what I meant, for it to suddenly start working =\
Now I just need to work out what all of the text means. I'll get there eventually :)

First waifu is Taiga. Should be fun ^^

Lmao, I just typed out a massive post explaining what I meant, for it to suddenly start working =
Now I just need to work out what all of the text means. I'll get there eventually :)

First waifu is Taiga. Should be fun ^^
The app directs you through a tutorial on first launch. The tabs are disabled until you finish the short tutorial. It was directing you through your first gift to your waifu and unlocking your first card.

The app directs you through a tutorial on first launch. The tabs are disabled until you finish the short tutorial. It was directing you through your first gift to your waifu and unlocking your first card.

Ahahaha, that's the reason then. It doesn't help that the only japanese I've got nailed down is hiragana either lmao. I guess it'll make more sense the more I learn..

cajunator

Banned
K-On!! 04

Field trip episode.
This episode was really well executed. Accurately portrayed the fun and excitement of a long distance field trip. The girls of course being the high energy crazy bunch they are drove Sawako mad the whole time. Its so accurate its ridiculous. I would love to visit those shrines and other historical sites in rural Japan at some point in my life. Seems like such a fascinating place steeped in many traditions. You can really tell the staff who worked on K-On loved what they do. You can feel that they really gave a shit about making the best experience possible here.

Where is K-On!! Rock Band?

Remember when Toyosaki Aki played Rocksmith for like 3 times ever and they recorded that on video? That's the closest we'll probably ever get.

But holy shit, somebody who likes anime in Harmonix should totally contact KyoAni or Sega or nevermind, it'll never happen. ._.

I sure love Steam sales. Got Civilization III and IV for practically nothing.

Ooooohhh, If you got Civ4 with Beyond the Sword, you should play the Final Frontier mod that (I believe) comes with it.. It's great! Pretty refreshing change to the usual Civ gameplay.

Also, 6? Days! until the new KyoAni show drops.. excited much?

OceanBlue

Ooooohhh, If you got Civ4 with Beyond the Sword, you should play the Final Frontier mod that (I believe) comes with it.. It's great! Pretty refreshing change to the usual Civ gameplay.

Also, 6? Days! until the new KyoAni show drops.. excited much?

6? I didn't realize it was so close. I'm so excited!

It's ~totally~ not fake!
But it has Ui in black socks! Black socks!!
K-On!! 04

Field trip episode.
This episode was really well executed. Accurately portrayed the fun and excitement of a long distance field trip. The girls of course being the high energy crazy bunch they are drove Sawako mad the whole time. Its so accurate its ridiculous. I would love to visit those shrines and other historical sites in rural Japan at some point in my life. Seems like such a fascinating place steeped in many traditions. You can really tell the staff who worked on K-On loved what they do. You can feel that they really gave a shit about making the best experience possible here.

WFGlV.gif

Yes, this episode was really well done back to back. No lull spots anywhere. And KyoAni got the location done right because it was a trip to Kyoto. hohoho
But don't they live in Kyoto already? The area they all live in is inspired by Kyoto areas too. lol

cajunator

Banned
But it has Ui in black socks! Black socks!!

WFGlV.gif

Yes, this episode was really well done back to back. No lull spots anywhere. And KyoAni got the location done right because it was a trip to Kyoto. hohoho
But don't they live in Kyoto already? The area they all live in is inspired by Kyoto areas too. lol

NO Ritsu, never grow your hair out. I like it just like it is.

Top Bottom