• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Man I'm really loving the Wii U this moment.

I've been moving back and forth between my mom's and my dad's over the holiday, and now I'm back at my moms and watching TV... I'm tired of setting up the system now, so during commercials I just picked it up from my bag, plugged it in to the wall, and now I'm just playing off my GamePad.

Me and my kindle are in an off and on relationship. I like it because with cloud reader and mobile apps, I can read anywhere even when I shouldn't be(like work).
I don't read many books though, even though if like to. I'm currently reading the Haruhi Suzumiya books, because I found them all on kindle.
Books are also sometimes cheaper.
I love the future.

I do like physical books, but with space being an issue I tend to go more digital these days. Once I'm in my own place I'll probably buy more regular books. Didn't know the Haruhi LN's were on Kindle...going to have to look into that.

You gotta believe!

I have complete faith in KyoAni to do the right thing ;)

I like my Wii games too, I just never wanna play them. Still got last story sitting there untouched. :(

Last Story's pretty good...I'm still working on it at the moment but I like the battle system and the story.

Tsun-tsun arrived.

Very nice :). Figmas make up a big portion of my overall collection, love 'em.

Perhaps I should watch Oreimo too now. For an Aniplex release it seems reasonably priced. The anime backlog continues to grow...

Rthym Heaven Fever is one of the best games of all time. Fact.

I actually picked that up from Best Buy for $5 a couple months ago, but haven't played it yet. Guess I should change that.

Perhaps I should watch Oreimo too now. For an Aniplex release it seems reasonably priced. The anime backlog continues to grow...

That might depend a lot on how much you like Azunyan. Kirino is voiced by Ayana Taketatsu. Kuroneko is of course voiced by Kana Hanazawa. Manami is voiced by Satomi Sato (Ritsu).

OreImo is pretty immersed in otaku culture, but unlike for example Steins;Gate it doesn't exactly have much of a story on it's own. So unless you get all the references you'll probably be bored stiff by it.

That might depend a lot on how much you like Azunyan. Kirino is voiced by Ayana Taketatsu. Kuroneko is of course voiced by Kana Hanazawa. Manami is voiced by Satomi Sato (Ritsu).

Azunyan wasn't my favorite, but I grew to like her in the end and I'm good with Taketatsu voicing Kirino. I do like the rest of that cast very much. And I do like referential anime so it should be right up my alley :). I think it's at least worth a shot.

Hyouka 7:

This show has a really fantastic OP and ED.

Poor Minimal Effort Sherlock has fallen pretty hard for Chitanda, though it's not hard to imagine why. He's obviously still pretty unwilling to admit his feelings to himself just yet though, which is why he's tsundere for her.

At this point Ibara and Satoshi need to just get a room to themselves and fuck already. They're pretty funny when they are together though.

Sometimes I feel like I don't give enough time of day to male seiyuus. So, I'll just leave this here: Yuuichi Nakamura is the voice of Minimal Effort Sherlock and also poor Kyousuke in Oreimo. He's also the voice of Yuuki in Koichoco.

Oreimo has so few likable characters. Manami is the best thing about that show.

I think that's kinda the point, but that's why I don't feel like any of the drama works at all.
4qeRR.png

and here's something to go with Unknown's decent into Hyouka.
dWD7k.png

I'll certainly keep my expectations adjusted. Just want to appease my curiosity, more or less.

And I see it's on Crunchyroll...that certainly lowers the risk considerably.

But the episodes devoid of drama are some of the best things ever. Specifically the Manami episode amongst a few others.

OceanBlue

The Manami episode was okay. It was nice but I'm not a big fan of Manami so it didn't stand out for me. I didn't even remember that she had an episode until it was brought up.

Oreimo has so few likable characters. Manami is the best thing about that show.

Kuroneko is plenty likable, and she's more than enough reason for Oreimo to be enjoyable.

and here's something to go with Unknown's decent into Hyouka.
dWD7k.png

This sort of works and sort of doesn't. It's true that Satomi Sato is also the voice of Chitanda, but Ritsu spends most of her time trolling Mio. Chitanda only drags Minimal Effort Sherlock around to sate her own curiosity about things, there's nothing trollish about it even though it does annoy him between his boners.

The Manami episode was okay. It was nice but I'm not a big fan of Manami so it didn't stand out for me. I didn't even remember that she had an episode until it was brought up.
Boo!
This sort of works and sort of doesn't. It's true that Satomi Sato is also the voice of Chitanda, but Ritsu spends most of her time trolling Mio. Chitanda only drags Minimal Effort Sherlock around to sate her own curiosity about things, there's nothing trollish about it even though it does annoy him between his boners.

Maybe Ritsu is just really curious what color Mio's panties are.
Or if she wears any at all.

Hyouka 8:

This show continues to be almost entirely about people talking with each other, but now they are throwing in new side characters. I'm okay with this. What sells this show is not only the impossibly beautiful animation but also the incredibly convincing voice acting. The student film in this episode was absolutely convincingly "badly acted" in the sense that it really sounded like a bunch of high school students who didn't know the first thing about acting forcing their lines awkwardly.

I don't really know what the budget was for this show, but it must have been fucking ridiculous. Every episode looks like it had the budget of a full-blown animated film that was intended for theatrical release. In many ways it easily exceeds the animation of K-ON in both the extensive use of 3D environments, the after-effects polish of things like depth of field, parallax scrolling in 2D environments, and sheer incidental background animation. The whole show is filled with things like rain falling in the background, people running or cars driving by behind characters, and that sort of thing. The amount of effort that went into every second of animation on the screen must have been tremendous.

Maybe Ritsu is just really curious what color Mio's panties are.
Or if she wears any at all.

Oh, we know from the first season that Mio wears pantsu. Sometimes she shows them to the school, after all!

cjkeats

Oh look, I slept through Oreimo talk. Oreimo is my favorite show. Why? I have no idea, but do I really need a reason? I feel good when I watch it, just like a certain other show we keep talking about, but I just can't remember the name right now. I think and is about girls who like music or something? You guys ever hear of it?
Seeing people hate on it is a good way to remind myself not to take things seriously, and to just enjoy what I like and to not over-analyse things.

Manami episode is the best episode.

cajunator

Banned
Oh look, I slept through Oreimo talk. Oreimo is my favorite show. Why? I have no idea, but do I really need a reason? I feel good when I watch it, just like a certain other show we keep talking about, but I just can't remember the name right now. I think and is about girls who like music or something? You guys ever hear of it?
Seeing people hate on it is a good way to remind myself not to take things seriously, and to just enjoy what I like and to not over-analyse things.

Manami episode is the best episode.

Im partial to Kuroneko myself, but Manami is practically tied. Perfect little character she is.

Metrotab

Banned
Oreimo is the weirdest thing. I came into the show wanting to see what Kirino is all about, since she's pretty cute. When it introduced Kuroneko, I thought she would be a boring character and I hoped she wouldn't appear often.

And yet at the end, I was absolutely ecstatic that
Kirino got booted to the US and the OVA's would have focus on
Kuroneko, who pretty much became my favorite character.

I don't think I have experienced another show with such a turnaround.

cajunator

Banned
K-On! 06

Its rainy season! (what is this, Louisiana?)
Ui wakes up Yui, and they walk to school in the rain.
Yui is very careful not to allow Geeta to get wet (even though its safe inside a case) but manages to fail in Yui-esque fashion and ends up flat on her butt soaking wet in the rain.
She gets to school and has to dry off. Her clothes being soaked, she has to wear a maid outfit until her clothes dry. I AM COMPLETELY OK WITH THIS. But then Nodoka comes in with an extra change of clothes and then ruins the moment. Thats why you're low on my tier list, Nodoka. Anyway, the girls help her iron out her clothing and they go home before it rains again.
Then Yui and her sister sing the cutest rain song in the world.
It rains again the next day, and Yui has a very ridiculous way of waterproofing her Geeta, so she reluctantly decides to leave it alongside Mio's Bass in the music room overnight. Naturally she cant sleep because she misses it.
The next day they retrieve their instruments.
The other girls catch Mio in the act of talking her Bass, Elizabass.
D'awwww.
This show is so hnnnnnngh.

cjkeats

I do like physical books, but with space being an issue I tend to go more digital these days. Once I'm in my own place I'll probably buy more regular books. Didn't know the Haruhi LN's were on Kindle...going to have to look into that.

The first one's quite good so far, I'm 61% through. They do a much better job of showing just how much Kyon despises everything and everyone and is only in it because he thinks the girls are hot.

Very nice :). Figmas make up a big portion of my overall collection, love 'em.

I love Figmas, I have 3 now (well 2 if you don't count bootleg Aigis), my collection is pretty much them and a couple Asuka's. I really want a Nendoroid next. Just finding one I want that's in stock is a challenge. Probably gonna end up with Madoka from RNL.

OreImo is pretty immersed in otaku culture, but unlike for example Steins;Gate it doesn't exactly have much of a story on it's own. So unless you get all the references you'll probably be bored stiff by it.

I've never seen it compared to Steins;Gate before, but then again I have no idea what that is about at all. I have it here to watch after cajunator seemed to enjoy it so much in animeGAF. Seems to cause a few freakouts. Maybe I should get one that before I spoil it for myself.

Wait until the second ones appear, you're in in for a treat!

The second OP is the most adorable thing I've seen ever. It's precious.

K-On! 06
Her clothes being soaked, she has to wear a maid outfit until her clothes dry. I AM COMPLETELY OK WITH THIS. But then Nodoka comes in with an extra change of clothes and then ruins the moment. Thats why you're low on my tier list, Nodoka.

Oh cajun. Keep being cajun.

cajunator

Banned
The first one's quite good so far, I'm 61% through. They do a much better job of showing just how much Kyon despises everything and everyone and is only in it because he thinks the girls are hot.

I love Figmas, I have 3 now (well 2 if you don't count bootleg Aigis), my collection is pretty much them and a couple Asuka's. I really want a Nendoroid next. Just finding one I want that's in stock is a challenge. Probably gonna end up with Madoka from RNL.

I've never seen it compared to Steins;Gate before, but then again I have no idea what that is about at all. I have it here to watch after cajunator seemed to enjoy it so much in animeGAF. Seems to cause a few freakouts. Maybe I should get one that before I spoil it for myself.

The second OP is the most adorable thing I've seen ever. It's precious.

Oh cajun. Keep being cajun.

Yes, get to watching Steins;Gate as soon as you possibly can. It is soooooo worth it, and not just for Mayuri.

Oreimo is the weirdest thing. I came into the show wanting to see what Kirino is all about, since she's pretty cute. When it introduced Kuroneko, I thought she would be a boring character and I hoped she wouldn't appear often.

And yet at the end, I was absolutely ecstatic that
Kirino got booted to the US and the OVA's would have focus on
Kuroneko, who pretty much became my favorite character.

I don't think I have experienced another show with such a turnaround.

Kind of the same here.. I went into it not knowing what to expect, and it ended up being one of my favourites out of everything I watched last year :)

I should make a .gif of that scene.

Yes...yes you should Chet :).

I was looking for more pics of K-ons in maid outfits and found this (warning, enormous image so its linked):

http://i.imgur.com/wyk4S.jpg

Nice find...and maid Sawako is indeed amazing.

Madoka's nendo looks pretty cute too, and it's still available. I'll have to think about that one. As for the show, I ended up liking it as a whole. Even the second OP grew on me. Definitely a far, far better mecha series than Gundam AGE.

Yes, get to watching Steins;Gate as soon as you possibly can. It is soooooo worth it, and not just for Mayuri.

And now I'll be adding Steins;Gate to my watch list too :). Still a lot out there that I've missed or haven't gotten around to

K-On! 06

Its rainy season! (what is this, Louisiana?)
Ui wakes up Yui, and they walk to school in the rain.
Yui is very careful not to allow Geeta to get wet (even though its safe inside a case) but manages to fail in Yui-esque fashion and ends up flat on her butt soaking wet in the rain.
She gets to school and has to dry off. Her clothes being soaked, she has to wear a maid outfit until her clothes dry. I AM COMPLETELY OK WITH THIS. But then Nodoka comes in with an extra change of clothes and then ruins the moment. Thats why you're low on my tier list, Nodoka. Anyway, the girls help her iron out her clothing and they go home before it rains again.
Then Yui and her sister sing the cutest rain song in the world.
It rains again the next day, and Yui has a very ridiculous way of waterproofing her Geeta, so she reluctantly decides to leave it alongside Mio's Bass in the music room overnight. Naturally she cant sleep because she misses it.
The next day they retrieve their instruments.
The other girls catch Mio in the act of talking her Bass, Elizabass.
D'awwww.
This show is so hnnnnnngh.
3pIUJ.gif

A fun episode, had some good Mio moments. A very silly seaon one-esque episode. Doesn't really change much from what happened in the manga. Not a problem, but I thought I'd point that out.
You only had to ask.
SPOILERS!!
I've seen... many different versions of this before.

Versions that I can't post here~
Naked aprons?
A Disney Channel anime for little girls.
Well, it was edited down for it's airing on the Disney Channel. Still haven't found any sources that say what was though.
Decided to just doodle SOMETHING off the tablet, came up with this.

Can't stop things looking sketchy I guess. Time to post this and be dismayed at the discrepancy comparing this to my avatar! :3
Doodling on a tablet can be tricky.
Something to help you make it look more k-on like, I'd lower the cheek bones down a little and make their chins come more to a rounded off point.
Wheee I found them
Naked aprons.

Top Bottom