• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

That would require I draw some. When K-On first aired I wasn't drawing at the time. Was frustrated and just stopped drawing for a couple years. :-/ Drawing more now though. :D

And no, not that one obviously. ;P
I see. Truth be told I didn't start drawing K-ON! art until last year about this time.

Oh ho ho ho~!
How do you know me so well, Chet?

BYo51.gif
Actually, I just took a wild guess. I seem to be good at that it seems.
Well, here's some of my more recent stuff:
Yes, love the Mio. You're really good with your art. Keep it up!
Her name is Krickett.
Yall making me want to try my hand at some K-on art.

TaDdT.gif

I saw your Ritsu on Miiverse, you should draw more!

Syrinx

So, I just started watching this, and I figured I'd copy and paste my impressions from the animu thread in here. You know, for good measure.

K-ON! 1

Hmm. Good at least to see Mio has good taste in guitarists and jammed the fuck out to Zeppelin before. And I can definitely appreciate anybody whose hobbies include laying around and rolling around on the floor, so good on you Yui. And I don't know. I thought Mio, Ritsu, and Tsumugi had good chemistry.

I bet any of these girls would play better quarterback than Joe Webb.

K-ON! 2

Damn, how come nobody told me there was a job where you just sat around and counted pedestrians? That would be cool. I would be a pedestrian counting beast! Kinda cool that they were doing it to help Yui buy a guitar. Official club business, I guess.

How come Mugi didn't get the idea to bargain with the clerk sooner, seeing as how she's the president's daughter? Speaking of bargaining, goddamn at Ritsu brutalizing that clerk. Even making the dude cry. She's probably banned from the store now. Whatevs, now Yui has an awesome guitar to play. Why does she think it's cute though? I'm assuming this Budokan is some major venue. She'd better get good quick then. She seems a little airheaded now, though. Not that that's a bad thing, but it can be detracting to a long-term goal.

Not sure who's my favorite so far. Mugi, maybe?

So, I just started watching this, and I figured I'd copy and paste my impressions from the animu thread in here. You know, for good measure.

The show is really great, and it gets better and better after each episode. It has a really awesome conclusion too, and the second season is even better. I hope you stick with it!

Syrinx

The show is really great, and it gets better and better after each episode. It has a really awesome conclusion too, and the second season is even better. I hope you stick with it!

I enjoyed the first two episodes well enough to keep going for now. I'm kinda looking forward to where it goes, seeing as how Yui's got her guitar and everything for the Light Music Club is now set up.

I enjoyed the first two episodes well enough to keep going for now. I'm kinda looking forward to where it goes, seeing as how Yui's got her guitar and everything for the Light Music Club is now set up.

Just take in mind that the show is more about girls becoming friends and hanging out, than it is about music. Though that's not to say they don't perform, because they do quite a bit. The lead up to and the concerts themselves are the climaxes of the show. They're really nice too.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I see. Truth be told I didn't start drawing K-ON! art until last year about this time.

Oh ho ho ho~!

Sometimes I wonder if I spent more time drawing popular stuff if people'd like my art more. I always end up drawing niche stuff like Lunar and Atelier. >>;

cajunator

Banned

Well after suffering through all those friendly animeGaf recommendations we gave you (I am quite partial to Yami, myself) its nice that you can relax and enjoy a great one for once :p

Sometimes I wonder if I spent more time drawing popular stuff if people'd like my art more. I always end up drawing niche stuff like Lunar and Atelier. >>;

YEah its even worse if you make your own characters if they arent publically known.
If you draw quality fanart of something and its from a super popular property you can become pretty well known. I drew Aerith from FF7 and the amount of hits and comments far trumps anything else I've drawn, just because it gets a bunch of hits from a ton of kids searching FF7 stuff.

YEah its even worse if you make your own characters if they arent publically known.
If you draw quality fanart of something and its from a super popular property you can become pretty well known. I drew Aerith from FF7 and the amount of hits and comments far trumps anything else I've drawn, just because it gets a bunch of hits from a ton of kids searching FF7 stuff.

There's not much you can do about that. What's popular is popular for a reason, lots of people like it.
The thing that sucks more is when you get some what of a following and they start expecting certain things from you. They can be kinda pushy sometimes...

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

Yeah, it's true. I drew a Sonic Fanart once, posted it on DeviantArt about... 5 years ago? It's STILL getting favorited at least once a week, sometimes more. o_O

There's not much you can do about that. What's popular is popular for a reason, lots of people like it.
The thing that sucks more is when you get some what of a following and they start expecting certain things from you. They can be kinda pushy sometimes...

YES!! I know that feel bro! >>

cjkeats

I liked the Atelier piece because I recognized it(even though I still haven't played the games, I've had one on my shelf ready to play, and I've been through the art book a few times). I feel like the niche stuff gets appreciated more because theres so little of it, like a rare collectable or a limited time food thing. So it has pros and cons.

Why are you here talking and not drawing more k-on art? Come no, I wanna see it now!
I kid, I kid...sort of.

Yeah, it's true. I drew a Sonic Fanart once, posted it on DeviantArt about... 5 years ago? It's STILL getting favorited at least once a week, sometimes more. o_O

YES!! I know that feel bro! >>
I just realized 2008 was 5 years ago...
Why are you here talking and not drawing more k-on art? Come no, I wanna see it now!
I kid, I kid...sort of.

It's usually more specific than that. Like if someone was trying to get a free commission by framing it as a suggestion.
I like K-ON! so it's no chore to me.

I've said it before, but like seeing what you all do regardless of the subject matter. I just like seeing good art...always have, especially since I've never really produced any. One of my favorite things about living in the DC area is having all the Smithsonian museums close by. Helps that they're all free too.

But I digress. You all should just keep doing what you love :).

I know. Scary how quickly time flies. :-(

Don't remind me...;_;

Awesome. It's gracing my shelf next to my Chie, although her skirt is flipped enough that when I'm in bed if I look up there I can see...white...it's making me uncomfortable.

You know she's judging you anyway :p. I also ordered the Aniplex DVD set too for the OVA's...and just to have it.

cjkeats

You probably checked what color she wore right when you unboxed her. Don't try and deny it.

I did no such perverted act. That's absolutely disgusting that you think I would do such a lewd thing.
I absolutely did.

You know she's judging you anyway :p. I also ordered the Aniplex DVD set too for the OVA's...and just to have it.

I should probably change her face to the happier, less judgemental one. It's a nice DVD set, and a good price, considering it's Aniplex. It's the first non-DBZ/Eva anime I've ever bought too, which was a big deal for me just coming out of the anime closet.

I should probably change her face to the happier, less judgemental one. It's a nice DVD set, and a good price, considering it's Aniplex. It's the first non-DBZ/Eva anime I've ever bought too, which was a big deal for me just coming out of the anime closet.

I dunno, I think the judgmental face suits her best. It is Kirino, after all.

Hyouka 9:

I'm becoming increasingly convinced that this show is one those rare situations where everything just comes together. Scripting, directing, animation, voice acting, soundtracks, OP/ED, and everything else I left out. It's really amazing considering that functionally the only thing that really happens during Hyouka is high school students hang out with each other and talk about stuff.

Chitanda getting herself drunk from the whiskey-filled chocolates was cute, but the real star of this episode was Mayaka who probably has more lines in this one episode than she has had the previous 8 episodes. The episode also has some nice shoutouts to the classics of the mystery novel genre but also integrates the references nicely into the story, something that Another notably failed to do during it's shorter run.

Hyouka is the greatest KyoAni show, and it is a breathtaking work of art.

I'm not going to argue with the work of art part here. In terms of both artistic and technical quality of the animation, it is absolutely the best KyoAni show. The creative use of animation styles, the incessantly brilliant framing of shots, the filmlike usage of depth of field, the absolutely masterful use of light and shadow, these are not things which are trivial. The vast majority of anime looks so perfunctory that when something like Hyouka comes along and is a visual experience like something made by the best Hollywood film directors, you have to sit up and notice and give credit where it's due.

I noticed a couple of interesting isolation shots in Chuunibyou and wondered where that came from. Since Hyouka aired right before Chuunibyou did, and I see these types of shots all the time in this show, I guess I know the answer now.

Hyouka 10:

BUT WHO WAS ROPE?!

Nice ending to this arc. It really does seem like the show is building up to something here, I'm hoping that Minimal Effort Sherlock's gradually dawning realization that he has an unusual talent isn't going to be just for show. Hyouka is an adaptation of a series of mystery novels and so I'm assuming that this is all just foreplay and the "real mystery" will be introduced soon enough.

Satoshi's role is developing as well in a nice way, as the essential Watson for Minimal Effort Sherlock. What's most interesting is how Mayaka has gradually come to assert herself in this arc, which may be intentional as she hasn't had much development until now and so they had to put Chitanda on ice by getting her drunk and then hung over so she could fade into the background.

Going back to previous episodes and re-watching some scenes with more context is pretty amusing too.

By the end of the arc, you pretty much know all the aliases of the people in the chat room. Then, you can see who's talking to who at the beginning of the arc.

Madao

i also feel s1 went by very quick. between each ep, it was like a month passed and all the events came quickly. s1 with s2 pacing could have been over 30 eps.

Top Bottom