• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Kazzy

This season, Azusa's character design makes a stunning return!

Or to be more precise, a (shadow) Mugi and Azusa reunion.

ii8wstFGzqPSJ.gif

cjkeats

It gave me a good laugh since outside of their hair accessories, they have really similar hair cuts.
It's drawn well too, which is always a plus!

There was more than one point in the series where I didn't realize it was ritsu with her hair down. Those scenes where it was only a quick shot or something like that. Just caught me off guard.

There was more than one point in the series where I didn't realize it was ritsu with her hair down. Those scenes where it was only a quick shot or something like that. Just caught me off guard.

BtfzG.gif

The first few shots of her in this scene almost messed me up too...

cjkeats

I like playing as the lady in games that give me the option, and Ive been thinking about starting my copy of white over. I always struggle with the name. Guess I know where I'll draw my name from now.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Chet: I just finished the K-ON doujin(s) you recommended me. I was expecting depressing, but the writing was so awful and the situations so contrived I ended up laughing at the inanity of the whole thing.

Chet: I just finished the K-ON doujin(s) you recommended me. I was expecting depressing, but the writing was so awful and the situations so contrived I ended up laughing at the inanity of the whole thing.

I don't know what you are talking about.
I didn't recommend them, you asked for them.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
How can you not depress after reading those doujins, after reading those K-On in my mind is forever the "Beautification of the Cruel Cruel World"

My poor Yui :(

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Unbelievable writing is unbelievable. It's not that I'm against the concept of following a group of people as their career choices end up being twisted by reality, but the need to pander to the market that buys this stuff makes for out of character depictions and completely non-sequitur sequences that add nothing to the story. You end up getting taken out of the experience and laugh at the stupidity of the thing.
I don't know what you are talking about.
I didn't recommend them, you asked for them.
Like saying a drug dealer is not complicit of a crime because he only provides the supply for an unmet demand.

LayLa

WTB more shelf space :( (This is after removing about 30 books to make room for new ones!)

Tell me about it, I have piles of books hidden all over my house that need shelves (>.<)
Ooh Alastair Reynolds, he's one of those writers that seems to get better with each book, haven't read his latest though. Do you like Banks' Culture books? I'm a huge fan of those.

Tell me about it, I have piles of books hidden all over my house that need shelves (>.<)
Ooh Alastair Reynolds, he's one of those writers that seems to get better with each book, haven't read his latest though. Do you like Banks' Culture books? I'm a huge fan of those.

Not sure if I've read any of them to be honest, though I am always open to suggestions :)

LayLa

Not sure if I've read any of them to be honest, though I am always open to suggestions :)

I'd suggest starting with the first one Consider Phlebas then! It was a huge influence on Reynolds when he was starting out iirc.

I was daydreaming the other day about a K-On Gaiden show, starring Himeko, Ichigo, Shizuka and er someone else - follows their 3 years through school, with occasional cameos from the K-On crew. sigh.

I was daydreaming the other day about a K-On Gaiden show, starring Himeko, Ichigo, Shizuka and er someone else - follows their 3 years through school, with occasional cameos from the K-On crew. sigh.

Had to look up who Shizuka was, the girl from the Romeo and Juliet episode huh?

Gah, need to just do this P4K thing, but my mind's confused on whether I should go for just writing it or trying to draw it out in some comic fashion. Also, always trying to work out who besides Ichigo and Himeko to go with Yu into ze TV dungeons, if it even works out like that.

JUST NEED TO DO IT!!!

Also, decided to catch Tamako Market before I head to work. Jesus Christ, KyoAni owns my heart.

WTB more shelf space :( (This is after removing about 30 books to make room for new ones!)

Only thing I'm waiting on now is those 2 random small K-ON figure things..

I have something like six bookcases in my room and they are all full. Might mess around with my setup again this weekend to see if I can create more space.

As for Tamako Market...it was great :). So much cute in this show.

I have something like six bookcases in my room and they are all full. Might mess around with my setup again this weekend to see if I can create more space.

As for Tamako Market...it was great :). So much cute in this show.

Heh, that's just the stuff I've bought since I came to college. I think when I eventually own a house, I'm gonna need some sort of dedicated room for books!

Sora_N

Just saw this thread, was thinking there'd be a S3 but I googled and looks like there isn't more material. :( I guess I'm gonna read the manga.

OceanBlue

I think it's F2P now because I made an account and am playing at the moment.

I'm using the "streaming installer" and it isn't downloading anything. I also tried using the downloadable installer and it wouldn't "download the manifest" or something. :(

Edit: Never mind, got it to work with the downloadable installer. It's going to take 11 hours to patch though. :V

Like saying a drug dealer is not complicit of a crime because he only provides the supply for an unmet demand.
I guess, I just don't want anyone to think I actually liked it. Watanabe Kazuma would know why.
I'm always impressed how doujin artists are often pretty good at mimicking multiple mangaka's styles.
Unless it's extremely stylized or abstract, I don't find it too difficult to mimic another person's style.
Mifuyu maybe? Well anyways, that's a pretty neat idea.
Another idea I had with a K-ON! side story would be one that follows Nodoka around school. The only times we really see her much is when she's walking home from school with Yui, or she needs something from Ritsu for light music club. I think it would be kinda cool to see her doing some student council stuff with Megumi and hanging out with her other friends like Fuuko.
Had to look up who Shizuka was, the girl from the Romeo and Juliet episode huh?

Gah, need to just do this P4K thing, but my mind's confused on whether I should go for just writing it or trying to draw it out in some comic fashion. Also, always trying to work out who besides Ichigo and Himeko to go with Yu into ze TV dungeons, if it even works out like that.

JUST NEED TO DO IT!!!
Which ever you feel more comfortable with.
Just saw this thread, was thinking there'd be a S3 but I googled and looks like there isn't more material. :( I guess I'm gonna read the manga.
Nope, not yet anyways. Have you seen the movie yet?

Mifuyu maybe? Well anyways, that's a pretty neat idea.
Another idea I had with a K-ON! side story would be one that follows Nodoka around school. The only times we really see her much is when she's walking home from school with Yui, or she needs something from Ritsu for light music club. I think it would be kinda cool to see her doing some student council stuff with Megumi and hanging out with her other friends like Fuuko.

I fully support this idea. More Nodoka would be a great thing! I would've liked to have seen at least an episode or OVA focusing on her and maybe some of the background characters. Something perhaps in the vein of the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "Lower Decks" (I know that's an odd comparison, but that's what this discussion reminded me of).

But I don't, so tell us why ... or just me.
Kazzy had a really nice write up of it. Back in like June last year.
I fully support this idea. More Nodoka would be a great thing! I would've liked to have seen at least an episode or OVA focusing on her and maybe some of the background characters. Something perhaps in the vein of the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "Lower Decks" (I know that's an odd comparison, but that's what this discussion reminded me of).
Yeah, I get what you mean. It would be a great way to have more K-ON! without having to go out into the college territory.
Here.

DISCLAIMER: Read at your own peril.

There we go! Fun times had by all!

I'm using the "streaming installer" and it isn't downloading anything. I also tried using the downloadable installer and it wouldn't "download the manifest" or something. :(

Edit: Never mind, got it to work with the downloadable installer. It's going to take 11 hours to patch though. :V

From what I hear the streaming installer is all broken right now because the servers are being hammered. I'm not surprised, there were a lot of people online last night and real F2P hadn't even started yet!

The download installer is having problems too. Go to Options and turn off P2P to speed it up. Either way the game client is 26GB so you have some waiting ahead of you.

Top Bottom