• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Madao

pow!

chetwaifu8_zps293e81e9.png

chetwaifu7_zps930c291d.png

chetwaifu6_zpsf14aa72e.png

chetwaifu5_zpsbbd099c4.png

chetwaifu4_zpsf11453cb.png

chetwaifu3_zps9f986497.png

chetwaifu2_zps0f6bcccb.png

Oh God, I just played Tera for like 6 straight hours after work today. I can feel the addiction coming back. Someone come to my house and knock me the fuck out and drag me to bed so I can go to work later today. ;_;

As long as it doesn't conflict with our 8PM EST K-On!, I'm down. Gotta fulfill previous obligations and all that. Actually, we could probably do it afterward if that works for you.

ECRIj.gif

Ha, I would never try to preempt the Sunday K-ON! Afterwards is fine. Now I just have to practice so I don't look like too much of a clown.

Man, you know what KyoAni show I really miss? Nichijou. It was my feel good show for about six months. I think it is on the same level of good as K-ON!!.

I'm right there with you. It's easily my second favorite KyoAni show (if I'm counting K-ON as a whole), and a close second at that. Someone else NEEDS to pick this up for a disc release in the US. Losing that and Turn A Gundam when Bandai Entertainment closed really sucked.

cajunator

Banned

Double glasses!

54H2F.gif

Thanks!

BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I guess I'll come clean with my rankings.

1) Mio
2) Nodoka
3) Sawa-chan-sensei
4) Azu-nyan
5) Ui
6) Girl who sits to Yui's right in S2
7) Mugi
8) Ritsu
9) Jun
10) Yui

So, have you gotten any further into the show? I'd like to know more of what you think!

I've also watched the second and third episodes! It may be the cutest, most lighthearted show I've ever seen.

I'm ready to see some music played! But they need the character development first, and if I wasn't being so slow watching it I would be to that point already!

Yui needs to start pulling her weight. They all got jobs for her and spent the whole night helping her study. She'd better prove to be worth the effort!

They eat a lot. A whole lot.

Love them all! Chet art is best art.

I've also watched the second and third episodes! It may be the cutest, most lighthearted show I've ever seen.

I'm ready to see some music played! But they need the character development first, and if I wasn't being so slow watching it I would be to that point already!

Yui needs to start pulling her weight. They all got jobs for her and spent the whole night helping her study. She'd better prove to be worth the effort!

They eat a lot. A whole lot.

Yay! The show really gets going after that. They perform their first live show in episode 6.

And the show is probably more about tea and cake than it is music. lol

Ultimadrago

Man, you know what KyoAni show I really miss? Nichijou. It was my feel good show for about six months. I think it is on the same level of good as K-ON!!.

I need more. So much more.

I'm right there with you. It's easily my second favorite KyoAni show (if I'm counting K-ON as a whole), and a close second at that. Someone else NEEDS to pick this up for a disc release in the US. Losing that and Turn A Gundam when Bandai Entertainment closed really sucked.

Brethren.

At least it has way better music than keions!

The Nichijou OST is fantastic.

Also Sakamoto > Professor > Nano > the other three doofuses

I take back what I said. You are an enemy.

Just kidding! I don't agree, but I won't deny Sakamoto's greatness. One of the best tsukkomi/straight man(cat) I've had the pleasure of witnessing.

I kinda liked it. Some of the jokes dragged on too long though, and some just weren't that funny. Though it has some really good ones in there too, so in the end I think it was pretty good. Nowhere near the level of K-ON!, but I still enjoyed it.

I think we have come to a mutual understanding of each other at this point. In any case, I'm glad you at least appreciated it on some level.

==============

Anyways, as to make this post not too off-topic! :

heresagifwuoq8.gif

The Nichijou OST is fantastic.

Let me just say though that I don't hate the Nichijou OST,I actually really like it, I just like K-ON!!'s more.

I take back what I said. You are an enemy.

I think we have come to a mutual understanding of each other at this point. In any case, I'm glad you at least appreciated it on some level
yzwSQ.gif

And don't be a stranger, you can come by any time you feel like it. It's not like this is the only time we'll talk about Nichijou.

Anyways, as to make this post not too off-topic! :

heresagifwuoq8.gif
I'll take this as Mio is your favorite? You have fine tastes.
Yes!
This is the cover of an actual dounjishi
Which I've actually read...

akiyamamiozez88.gif

I'm having fun it, thanks! It'll be a paid commission next time!
Well if you ever want to buy me something, I'm always willing.
Well, I may come back to discuss K-On!! as well as I only did finish all of the first season...
Most people tend to like the second season a lot more, myself included. There's the movie after that too!
Well, I wouldn't do it again, that's for sure :p. All things considered it wasn't as bad as it could've been. It was my first experience with general anesthesia which itself was an interesting experience.

Is that where you're still awake while they do it? That's probably what I would do, being put under scares me for some reason.

Is that where you're still awake while they do it? That's probably what I would do, being put under scares me for some reason.

General is actually the one where they put you under. It was weird because it felt like the was no passage of time...on the bed one second, the getting wheelchaired out feeling all drugged up the next. It wasn't a bad experience, though. And I get as nervous about stuff like that as anyone, if not more so.

Uraizen

Banned
Oh God, I just played Tera for like 6 straight hours after work today. I can feel the addiction coming back. Someone come to my house and knock me the fuck out and drag me to bed so I can go to work later today. ;_;

We'll all come over and beat you with a stick.

BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL BEST K-ON GIRL

Yup.

Ha, I would never try to preempt the Sunday K-ON! Afterwards is fine. Now I just have to practice so I don't look like too much of a clown.

Awesome, fun shall be had on Sunday!

Help me K-onGAF, I'm being buried in snow and I can't get out. :(

Send some my way, it's 81F over here.

General is actually the one where they put you under. It was weird because it felt like the was no passage of time...on the bed one second, the getting wheelchaired out feeling all drugged up the next. It wasn't a bad experience, though. And I get as nervous about stuff like that as anyone, if not more so.
Yeah, I get nervous just thinking about it.
Sorry if I started a K-on gif war ^^;

Although I'd like to think we all benefitted from it.

War? I think it was more of a friendly chain of similar .gifs

Uraizen

Banned
Guys, you guys, I want to do a simulview of Haganai Next and Tamako Market on Saturday (tomorrow) at 8PM EST. Who's with me?! Same place as always.

Nafe

What happened to Nafe?

Happened? Now you're just making it sound all sinister!

Yesterday at work I took a gander through the respective voice actresses (or seriyues is it?), and discovered some interesting stuff. (interesting to me anyways)
Anyone who has paid attention to me knows I get my kicks out of the fabled imouto shows. I discovered that our dear old Azusa shares a voice with queen tsun-tusn herself, and another favorite brocon sufferer. I think I like Azusa little bit more now.
Yui somehow shares a voice with Medaka, which I can't fathom that at all. Same voice as Chitose from Yur Yuri too, which I can totally hear now that I know. Kinda sounds like Yui plugging her nose. Apparently she voices Momo from To Love-Ru as well, and while I was home over the holidays I rend this entire manga. She's bestgirl material, so this discovery excites me as I just started the show.
Ritsu shares a voice with Hyouka's obvious best girl, which I also would have never guessed.

It always fascinating to see a connection like that between some of my favorite shows/characters, even if this is old news to most of you.

I like seeing if I can pick out the different seiyuu's too. I've gotten pretty good and some of the really prominent ones, like Kana Hanazawa, I don't even need any lines for anymore. I hear a character laugh or something and I can tell it's her.

With Unknown Soldier's talk of Hyouka, it's interesting that all the seiyuu for the five main girls of K-On are in that show as well. You already mentioned that Satomi Satou, who does the voice of Ritsu, does the voice for Chitanda and Chet mentioned that Minako Kotobuki,who does the voice of Mugi, does the voice for the Miku cosplayer.

Aki Toyosaki,who does the voice of Yui,does the voice of the younger sister at the hot springs in episode 7. Ayana Taketatsu,the voice of Azusa, also plays a character in the manga club. She's the girl who comes up and asks Mayaka who she's cosplaying as. She has a couple more lines as well. Last but certainly not least is Yoko Hikasa,who does the voice of Mio. She does the voice of the girl who is asking all the questions at the quiz game part of the school festival.

The same seiyuu's will sometimes appear in a couple of KyoAni shows one after the other as well, such as Jun Fukuyama. He did the voice of,I believe he was the student council president, in Hyouka and then went on to do the voice of the main character Yuuta in Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!.

I'm the only one on GAF who loves Chitanda... :-/

I like Chitanda too!

Actually, I think the one girl from Hyouka who doesn't seem to get enough love is Juumonji.

A lot of people in here seem to have been regular smokers at one time or another. Just the smell of cigarettes always gave me a headache, so I guess I'm lucky.

I personally never even tried smoking.

Top Bottom