• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Ah! I meant that the arm was obstructed on the original image, and I didn't really want to have to crop it.
If you are responsible for that, thank you.

I'd have to see the other one first, I am convinced it'd work better
Of course, it's not like I have anything better to do.
senbutts.gif

I made this gif myself immediately after that trailer came out~
Well that's an odd top of the page post.
Hey, Chet, do you remember what was wrong with the season 1 blu-rays for K-On?
Audio. This is strictly talking about the Bandai release, the original Japanese BDs are fine.

How do you know we didn't switch bodies and this is really you posting here instead of me?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Guys, I was watching Tamako Market and I had some sort of epiphany: K-ON!! killed the slice of life anime for me. I can't enjoy anything else in the genre now. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Guys, I was watching Tamako Market and I had some sort of epiphany: K-ON!! killed the slice of life anime for me. I can't enjoy anything else in the genre now. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

You just have to realize that nothing is ever going to be as good as K-ON!!

Theonik

So while reading this thread earlier I came to this perhaps very late realisation about the
Romeo and Juliet episode of K-ON!! Romeo can be read as Ro-Mio which explains why she was cast as Romeo as opposed to Ritsu which would have been a more logical casting.
(as it the staff possibly made this pun intentionally but even if they didn't it's still quite neat)
It should be titled Tamako Market? just to fuck with everyone.
Yes no maybe.
It's already confusing!!

So while reading this thread earlier I came to this perhaps very late realisation about the
Romeo and Juliet episode of K-ON!! Romeo can be read as Ro-Mio which explains why she was cast as Romeo as opposed to Ritsu which would have been a more logical casting.
(as it the staff possibly made this pun intentionally but even if they didn't it's still quite neat)
Yui actually makes the realization in the manga, and in turn, in the episode. In fact, I would almost say that the whole reason they did the school play arc was so they could make that joke. lol
Yes no maybe.
It's already confusing!!

eonRT.gif

Theonik

Yui actually makes the realization in the manga, and in turn, in the episode. In fact, I would almost say that the whole reason they did the school play arc was so they could make that joke. lol
I didn't notice her notice in the anime but it's been a while and I may have forgotten. And yes after coming to this realisation I am convinced the whole episode exists so they could make that joke.

All right, finally got the pictures up online.

Damn, that's big. Might just go with text links to a couple pics I thought were standouts, then. Apologies for the iffy quality, took the pics at work with ma phone. ._.

Cover illustration that they used on Manga Time Kirara September 2009

The art for MTK November 2009 and the thumbnail of the cover so you can see what Azusa is doing.

An example of the color panels from the manga that they collected in a few pages here. I always liked how the GO GO MANIAC OP found ways to adapt those panels into the snippets for each character.

One of the guest tribute artworks, and another and another! I'm sure people recognize the second and third artists from other works.

The last page of this book. My Japanese is weak, I can't understand it. ;^;

The back of the book is just K-ON! SUPER ILLUSTRATIONS! in white text on red background, so I decided to put the bonus art thingie here for the shot.

Oh, and apparently in Comiket 74 there were dakimakura covers with art of Yui and Mio in bikinis. Yeah...

I didn't notice her notice in the anime but it's been a while and I may have forgotten. And yes after coming to this realisation I am convinced the whole episode exists so they could make that joke.

Yeah, but they're the episodes I probably enjoyed the most. The only episodes that come to mind that come close are the Mio fan club episode, or the School trip episode plus the one right after with the juniors hanging out. If I include the first season the first school festival or the beach episodes are probably my favorite episodes, though the Ritsu jealousy episode is really good too.

Damn, that's big. Might just go with text links to a couple pics I thought were standouts, then. Apologies for the iffy quality, took the pics at work with ma phone. ._.

Cover illustration that they used on Manga Time Kirara September 2009

The art for MTK November 2009 and the thumbnail of the cover so you can see what Azusa is doing.

An example of the color panels from the manga that they collected in a few pages here. I always liked how the GO GO MANIAC OP found ways to adapt those panels into the snippets for each character.

One of the guest tribute artworks, and another and another! I'm sure people recognize the second and third artists from other works.

The last page of this book. My Japanese is weak, I can't understand it. ;^;

The back of the book is just K-ON! SUPER ILLUSTRATIONS! in white text on red background, so I decided to put the bonus art thingie here for the shot.

Oh, and apparently in Comiket 74 there were dakimakura covers with art of Yui and Mio in bikinis. Yeah...

That's awesome! Where did you get this?
I see Yui, but where's Mio?!? Don't leave me hanging!

Hiro Kanzaki (OreImo) and Takehito Harada (Disgaea) right?

Right and right!!

That's awesome! Where did you get this?
I see Yui, but where's Mio?!? Don't leave me hanging!

I got it at Bookoff, which is a used Japanese goods store (CDs, DVDs, games, books including manga and artbooks). There were signs of use on the dust jacket, marks I had to rub off with an eraser and pen imprints that bug me, but the book itself is practically untouched. That it includes that bonus art thingie is one of my favorite things about Japanese used goods stores.

I'm sure there are Japanese online sites that still have it available, CDJapan has a 5-7 day wait to get it on hand before shipping, if their supplier has it that is. Which I'm sure they do. Amazon Japan's got it too.
Mio's right next to Yui. That's not even a hint, that's the whole answer. >_>

Right and right!!

I got it at Bookoff, which is a used Japanese goods store (CDs, DVDs, games, books including manga and artbooks). There were signs of use on the dust jacket, marks I had to rub off with an eraser and pen imprints that bug me, but the book itself is practically untouched. That it includes that bonus art thingie is one of my favorite things about Japanese used goods stores.

I'm sure there are Japanese online sites that still have it available, CDJapan has a 5-7 day wait to get it on hand before shipping, if their supplier has it that is. Which I'm sure they do. Amazon Japan's got it too.
Mio's right next to Yui. That's not even a hint, that's the whole answer. >_>

Thanks!
Oh, those damn ellipses! You hid her on purpose! ;p

That is some Oriemo looking Mio and I love it.
I love seeing other artists interpretations of characters that aren't there's.
I'd like to see them drawn by the person who does Hidamari and Madoka.

It's not in this book, but Noizi Itou (Character designer for the Suzumiya Haruhi and the Shakugan no Shana light novels among other stuff) drew Mio in one of their fanbooks once and it was amazing.

I'd like to see aoki ume's take on the K-ON girls too, heck they both were on the same magazine!

Himura Kiseki, I love their style. How have they not done an original work already?!

You just have to realize that nothing is ever going to be as good as K-ON!!

Truth.

Very cool! Awesome find...thanks for sharing the pics!

K-ON! is a secret imouto show!
But in all seriousness, I really enjoy the scenes Ui and Yui have, even if a lot of them are just Ui asking Yui how her school day went.

Speaking of Ui and Yui (apologies for the crappy iPhone pic)...

Thanks to cajunator for pointing out the ebay listing for her :).

Madao

the same happened to me with Sailor Moon and magical girl anime. i can't stand anything else in that style but i still like SM a lot.

cajunator

Banned
Sorry its really late. I have been exhausted after unexpectedly having to work an extra day. I had not slept from 4 Pm Monday afternoon until 8 AM Wednesday morning.

K-On!! 07

This episode must be chet's favorite. a total mio love-in. I'm totally ok with this. She has her own fanclub after all! Plus it ends with them singing this catchy little number
Music in K-on? What is this? Well it happens sometimes!

Truth.

Very cool! Awesome find...thanks for sharing the pics!

Speaking of Ui and Yui (apologies for the crappy iPhone pic)...

Thanks to cajunator for pointing out the ebay listing for her :).

I probably ruined my own chance to get this figure >_
Ah well it was for a good cause!

cajunator

Banned
K-On!! 08

I survived...I think.
Was foaming at the mouth in a writhing heap on the floor and lost one and a half pints of blood and a kidney but goddamnit I MADE IT THROUGH! :D

This episode is unfuckingbelievably cute. The most surefire way to create a moenuke is to take an already super cute character and make them little. If it doesn't produce cavities, you probably don't have any teeth.

The girls are given Career path questionnaires. Most of them finished and returned it but naturally Yui can't decide. At one point, they are discussing having to learn English and other things using mnemonics. Yui's impatient reaction when mugi starts to sing them is completely precious. There are several flashbacks of the K-on girls as kids and holy shit is it dangerously adorable!! This whole episode is one gigantic hnnnngbomb. I managed to survive it, so cancel the coffin for now, I'm good!

(those pics are from Random curiosity, because I was physically incapacitated to take screencaps while this episode was going on)

K-On!! 08

I survived...I think.
Was foaming at the mouth in a writhing heap on the floor and lost one and a half pints of blood and a kidney but goddamnit I MADE IT THROUGH! :D

This episode is unfuckingbelievably cute. The most surefire way to create a moenuke is to take an already super cute character and make them little. If it doesn't produce cavities, you probably don't have any teeth.
<snippysnippy>

Yeah, they are mindblowingly cute. I think that was one of the episodes that when I sit and watch it, it's just a warm fuzzy haze of moe.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, they are mindblowingly cute. I think that was one of the episodes that when I sit and watch it, it's just a warm fuzzy haze of moe.

Especially when Yui sings.
Ru - ra -raru - sasu -ri -ri- ri
-tsu - nu - tari - keri - tashi - tashi - ki - kemu
-ramu - beshi - rashi - maji - nari - meri
Doushite sonna tari gotoshi!

Which ones are these? I'm not really familiar with figures outside of Nendoroids.

There's the school uniform and school festival versions. Both look amazing and I really want them more than ever :D. As big of a Ui/Yui fan I am I still love Mio!

I probably ruined my own chance to get this figure >_
Ah well it was for a good cause!

Indeed it was for a good cause, and I am extremely grateful. She does have a good home!

cajunator

Banned
I want all of these figures in this picture. I dont care what they cost. Can you guys find some links?
I need them all. Yes I will even accept Azu-Nyan into the collection. Obviously I know where to find Ui.

I want all of these figures in this picture. I dont care what they cost. Can you guys find some links?

I need them all. Yes I will even accept Azu-Nyan into the collection. Obviously I know where to find Ui.

I'll try to check on Mandarake after work (can't access it right now). Besides that, yahoo japan auctions and amiami I'm not sure where else to look that isn't ebay, but I'll see what I can find. That Azu-nyan is rather cute, I will admit.

I believe all the figures in the pic are from Alter...a bunch are showing up on a general search for K-ON Alter figures on ebay. Hope that helps a bit :).

cajunator

Banned
I'll try to check on Mandarake after work (can't access it right now). Besides that, yahoo japan auctions and amiami I'm not sure where else to look that isn't ebay, but I'll see what I can find. That Azu-nyan is rather cute, I will admit.

I believe all the figures in the pic are from Alter...a bunch are showing up on a general search for K-ON Alter figures on ebay. Hope that helps a bit :).

Thanks. ebay is probably where I will have to resort so Ill be careful.
Looks like they might all be there after all. K-On being as ridiculously popular as it is, there are probably countless numbers of figures still available new. Certainly much easier to find than figures from more obscure shows like shangri La (I will have that Kuniko Hojou figure I WILL!)

Theonik

Yeah, but they're the episodes I probably enjoyed the most. The only episodes that come to mind that come close are the Mio fan club episode, or the School trip episode plus the one right after with the juniors hanging out. If I include the first season the first school festival or the beach episodes are probably my favorite episodes, though the Ritsu jealousy episode is really good too.
Oh I still like it, if anything it knowing this fact only enhanced my enjoyment of the episode! Don't think I could come up with a proper K-ON!! toplist of episodes they were all great in their own way. Though there are some gags I enjoyed more than others.

cajunator

Banned
Yes, the mio fan club episode was great. Very much enjoyed that one. But oh man episode 8 when they were all little!

I have one more episode to go on the first disc. They put 9 on disc one, and 4 on disc two . Weird huh? I havent opened part two yet so I dont know how the episodes are parsed yet.

Yes, the mio fan club episode was great. Very much enjoyed that one. But oh man episode 8 when they were all little!

I have one more episode to go on the first disc. They put 9 on disc one, and 4 on disc two . Weird huh? I havent opened part two yet so I dont know how the episodes are parsed yet.

Absolutely was a cuteness overload! But little Yui/Ui will always be my favorite. So precious.

Sorry its really late. I have been exhausted after unexpectedly having to work an extra day. I had not slept from 4 Pm Monday afternoon until 8 AM Wednesday morning.

K-On!! 07

This episode must be chet's favorite. a total mio love-in. I'm totally ok with this. She has her own fanclub after all! Plus it ends with them singing this catchy little number
Music in K-on? What is this? Well it happens sometimes!
Yes, definitely one of my all time favorites! And Pure Pure Heart is an awesome song.
lawBr.gif

K-On!! 08

I survived...I think.

The girls are given Career path questionnaires. Most of them finished and returned it but naturally Yui can't decide. At one point, they are discussing having to learn English and other things using mnemonics. Yui's impatient reaction when mugi starts to sing them is completely precious. There are several flashbacks of the K-on girls as kids and holy shit is it dangerously adorable!! This whole episode is one gigantic hnnnngbomb. I managed to survive it, so cancel the coffin for now, I'm good!

(those pics are from Random curiosity, because I was physically incapacitated to take screencaps while this episode was going on)
See, I knew you'd love this episode. It's fun to watch them as kids.
There's the school uniform and school festival versions. Both look amazing and I really want them more than ever :D. As big of a Ui/Yui fan I am I still love Mio!
If anyone wants to buy those for me, I'd be more than happy!

Have you tried Plamoya? I know some of those are in stock there. Though I don't think Mio or Ritsu are in stock there. Amazon is probably a better bet.

Top Bottom