• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Psshhh, BLASPHEMY!
Hyouka was on par with K-ON!!, if not better, and it was definitely better than K-ON!.
Chuuni was pretty good too, though I thought the end few episodes were kind of a let down.. :(
Oh, I'm in no way saying they're bad, in fact they're good. You just have to realize who you are talking to.
Oh I still like it, if anything it knowing this fact only enhanced my enjoyment of the episode! Don't think I could come up with a proper K-ON!! toplist of episodes they were all great in their own way. Though there are some gags I enjoyed more than others.
Yeah, I can never really decide what my all time favorite episodes are, or even what I feel are the weakest episodes. They're all so good!
Stop lying, you liar.

We have NON-BELIEVERS in our midst!!

Meh, I merely pray at the altar of KyoAni :)

Heh, you truly are K-ONs number one prophet.

HoW2J.gif

No, you insulted S1 by saying S2 is better.

Bububu- It has:
Ritsu being all cute and wanting to play the guitar etc..
, both Field Trip&Staying Behind(JUN!<3), Megumi <3, One of the few times I thought Mugi was really cute (
Her trying to get Ritsu to hit her..
), Yui as a tree, and the ending of Graduation with all of them feels.

Kazzy

K-ON!! has the inherent advantage of its audience already being familiar with the characters, hence they have so much freedom. Plus it's just better, and stuff.
And if it want to boil it down to the basics, KyoAni > Kakifly.
The second season is KyoAni showcasing what they do best, free of having to follow the Manga slavishly. And in my opinion, they have a much defter, and more effective touch with the material.

Most of my favorite episodes from K-ON!! are actually in the manga too, so I wouldn't say that. I think the manga is a really good base.
It's also more believable in the manga when they say they're amateurs when they don't play exceptionally good music all the time.

Kazzy

Most of my favorite episodes from K-ON!! are actually in the manga too, so I wouldn't say that. I think the manga is a really good base.
It's also more believable in the manga when they say they're amateurs when they don't play exceptionally good music all the time.

I appreciate the nuance, and being able spend more time in those situations is always a plus for me. By no means do I hate the manga, it's just that I feel the same ideas are executed on much more effectively in the anime.

Another thing I wanna say is that the manga also gets better in the second half just like how season 2 got better. They repeat to much of the same stuff in their second year as they did in the first year, just with Azusa. It's not until the 3rd and 4th volumes when they change it up for the better.

Another thing I wanna say is that the manga also gets better in the second half just like how season 2 got better. They repeat to much of the same stuff in their second year as they did in the first year, just with Azusa. It's not until the 3rd and 4th volumes when they change it up for the better.

I agree, the last two volumes definitely were the superior two.

LayLa

Has anyone else here watched the "Come with me" concert?....that Death Devil performance.

i've watched my favourite bits more times than i care to admit! Yuu Asakawa looked like she was in her element during the DD segment, the seemingly unscripted bit where she gives Yoko Hikasa a shove at the end of the scriptreading section was pretty funny too.

Holy shit what? Yomecolle knows when your waifus' birthdays are and when you log in you get a special gift you can give to her or your other waifus! Today is apparently Mikoto's birthday and when I logged in I got a yukata gift. This app is scary sometimes.

For anyone playing, an update was released today. When you attempt to get the update it will say not found. Instead go into your app history and pick it from that list and it will come up and you can update it.

Top Bottom