• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

OceanBlue

Holy shit what? Yomecolle knows when your waifus' birthdays are and when you log in you get a special gift you can give to her or your other waifus! Today is apparently Mikoto's birthday and when I logged in I got a yukata gift. This app is scary sometimes.

For anyone playing, an update was released today. When you attempt to get the update it will say not found. Instead go into your app history and pick it from that list and it will come up and you can update it.

App history? I have no idea what that is. Do I need to switch back to the Japanese market first?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I finally finished season 2 recently and I gotta say, I enjoyed Season 1 much more. I guess it's not really a fair fight since Season 1 had all the best music :p

Now I need to watch the movie, heard good things about it.

dIZq1.png
cdCiB.png

ZPW6K.jpg

You gotta pick a side man!

Season 2 for me. Sorry Uraizen. At least my favorite OP is Season 1's!

Also, I still need to get through the manga. Chalk it up to me being old and lazy. But I have a three day weekend coming up with no major plans (that I know of) so I should be able to get a few things done that I've been meaning to for awhile.

What if I'm just the only logical one here?

This still may be true. I've never claimed to be logical or sane, so I'm not really the one to make that call.

Love your new avatar, cjkeats!

cjkeats

i've watched my favourite bits more times than i care to admit! Yuu Asakawa looked like she was in her element during the DD segment, the seemingly unscripted bit where she gives Yoko Hikasa a shove at the end of the scriptreading section was pretty funny too.

That's pretty much how I've watched it. The band's "performances" are interesting because it's painfully obvious that they're just singing and only holding the instruments to look the part, but it's a show so that's not all that important anyways as long as it's entertaining. It's just distracting to me once I noticed, but I'm also crazy.
I thought the whole Death devil gang were the most comfortable with what they were doing, which is why it was probably my favorite part.
I wish I understood the script reading part outside of the names but it was all gibberish to me :p.

Love your new avatar, cjkeats!

Thanks to Chet for showing me Hidamari Yui. So awesome.

cjkeats

I kind of want to see a full episode done Hidamari style now.

This is something I was thinking about before, what studios would you like to see do an episode of it?

Shaft is an easy answer, given the unique style they take to everything. Then again do any other studios have a noticeable style like that?

This is something I was thinking about before, what studios would you like to see do an episode of it?

Shaft is an easy answer, given the unique style they take to everything. Then again do any other studios have a noticeable style like that?

It probably comes down more to individual character designers in most cases, I would guess. It would be cool to see an Animatrix-style project done for K-ON. Depending on who actually is involved of course.

I do really like projects in any medium like that. It doesn't always work out, but I think it's a risk worth taking or even just something interesting to try. Seeing that artbook really got me thinking about that.

It would probably work best as like 5 min. shorts, as guest comics usually don't have much to them. The only problem they might run into is having each short seem too same-y outside of the style, but that should be easily avoidable.

It would probably work best as like 5 min. shorts, as guest comics usually don't have much to them. The only problem they might run into is having each short seem too same-y outside of the style, but that should be easily avoidable.

I would say bring in guest writers while they're at it. As long as everyone involved stays true to the source material.

While they're at it, get Hanaharu Naruko to do one too.
Wasn't Kamichu! also a slice-of-life show? I'm pretty sure they did the character design for that show, and they drew the manga too!

While we're on the subject of guest artists, that trend where guests do the last frame after the credits with their artwork is awesome. I remember it from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Madoka Magica, Arakawa Under The Bridge... more anime should do that. I guess KyoAni just didn't wanna do that, huh? K-ON would have been a great fit, but I guess the manga artbook I got recently is really what's bringing that thought along.

Speaking of artists, Himura Hiseki, Homunculus, Inkey, Sameda Koban, Fue, Bosshi, ED, Dr P, Hyocorou, Maruta-dojo, NaPaTa, saitom!!

Maruta-dojo actually did a doujinshi once where the two girls were basically expies of Yui and Mio, in character design at least. Good read, that.

Wasn't Kamichu! also a slice-of-life show? I'm pretty sure they did the character design for that show, and they drew the manga too!

While we're on the subject of guest artists, that trend where guests do the last frame after the credits with their artwork is awesome. I remember it from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Madoka Magica, Arakawa Under The Bridge... more anime should do that. I guess KyoAni just didn't wanna do that, huh? K-ON would have been a great fit, but I guess the manga artbook I got recently is really what's bringing that thought along.

Speaking of artists, Himura Hiseki, Homunculus, Inkey, Sameda Koban, Fue, Bosshi, ED, Dr P, Hyocorou, Maruta-dojo, NaPaTa, saitom!!

Maruta-dojo actually did a doujinshi once where the two girls were basically expies of Yui and Mio, in character design at least. Good read, that.

I was thinking of her less than work safe works...
I like the way you think.

Even after all these years I am still terrible with names. Anytime I see a staff list or something along those lines I have to Google almost all of them :(.

Metrotab

Banned
Just finished Kud's route in LB. Need some fuwa fuwa taimu right now.

Actually, what episode are you on for sunday's simulview? And what time again? Couldn't do it last week because of an exam the next day.

If anyone's a freak, it's Mio or Nodoka. Always the quiet uptight ones.
they seem like the type that is into S&M.
Mio seems to traditionally minded to be into that sort of thing, though you never know. I could actually see her being both sides actually.
But who knows what lurks behind those glasses clad eyes.

Actually, what episode are you on for sunday's simulview? And what time again? Couldn't do it last week because of an exam the next day.

The 6th episode I think. It's either the episode we last watched or the one coming up next. Can never really remember for some reason.

Mio seems to traditionally minded to be into that sort of thing, though you never know. I could actually see her being both sides actually.
But who knows what lurks behind those glasses clad eyes.

Ahaha, who knows indeed...
In my mind, Nodoka is definitely a wild one.

Uraizen

Banned

Sunday at 8PM EST and we're on episode 7 now. So it's basically going to be the Christmas episode again and maybe one new episode.

Top Bottom