• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Sorry I failed on the
Azu-tastic
figure pics last night. I'll try to get that done tonight. Of course it'll still be iPhone pics so don't get your hopes up too much :p.
Get on it!
Ahh figure pics, that reminds me I still haven't posted Tekkaman Evil I got in the beginning of the month

And just yesterday my Momohime came in~

Whoa, is that the
Princess Bitch
figure? Sorry, it's just that I recently learned that such a figure actually exists... lol
Nice figures you have!

Whoa, is that the
Princess Bitch
figure? Sorry, it's just that I recently learned that such a figure actually exists... lol
Nice figures you have!

Ahah, yep! I was too amazed when I saw her, and I HAD to buy it!... my family thinks I'm such a weirdo. -__-

I love that Momohime! I will get her one of these days (I hope).

I love Momohime, she's one of my favourite girls! When they I first saw the figure I wanted it so bad but it was all sold out and expensive... when I saw them re-releasing her I pre-ordered right away~

I love Momohime, she's one of my favourite girls! When they I first saw the figure I wanted it so bad but it was all sold out and expensive... when I saw them re-releasing her I pre-ordered right away~

True story: I had the original release preordered, but I had to cancel due to circumstances at the time. Perhaps as some form of punishment I have managed to miss every single rerelease since :(.

Aguirre

Ahh figure pics, that reminds me I still haven't posted Tekkaman Evil I got in the beginning of the month

ok i am shallow and super jealous of your collection ;_;

tumblr_mh7w32mgyV1r922azo1_500.gif

Nafe

I've always been one of those guys that would buy games again because he liked them. I own Ocarina of Time 4 times now.

I've never really understood this honestly. Even if I really liked a game, unless it was for the reasons I mentioned before or it almost came across as a new or different game in the type of cases like Ninja Gaiden Black or Persona 3 FES, then I wouldn't bother buying it again.

Master Quest was weird. There's a cow on the wall of Jabu-Jabu's stomach that acts as a switch that you have to shoot.

Haha, that's certainly different. I kind of would like to try out Master Quest at least once.

Not a fan of them; doesn't seem like there is much of a point to them. It's interesting to see for games like Mario 64, but for a game like NGB that emphasizes engaging the enemy? No thanks.

Exactly. When the focus of the game is the different encounters, it just seems silly to avoid them and then claim you beat the game.

... WHY?!

http://i.imgur.com/gDp2w.gif[img][/QUOTE]

[img]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr1s7m36gm1qien7no1_500.gif

Haha, I'm only kidding around.

Whoa, is that the
Princess Bitch
Nice figures you have!

Which one of the figures is that?

tumblr_mhfo3k2c161r9eofho1_500.jpg

tumblr_mhfo3k2c161r9eofho2_500.jpg

mugi can be so blunt, lol
It's usually Yui that's the blunt one. It's cute seeing Mugi being so childish.
I've never really understood this honestly. Even if I really liked a game, unless it was for the reasons I mentioned before or it almost came across as a new or different game in the type of cases like Ninja Gaiden Black or Persona 3 FES, then I wouldn't bother buying it again.

I never said it was a rational thing. lol

Haha, that's certainly different. I kind of would like to try out Master Quest at least once.
It's different, but not like new game different if you get me.

Which one of the figures is that?

It's this one sitting on the right of his pic. It's based off of a Mario-esque doujin, if you can believe that.
If you pronounce the "i" like "ē" it sounds kinda like Peach.
anyone here read kaiji? :3

it pulls at my heart strings

That's the one with the characters with huge noses? I haven't, but I've thought about it.

At least for me it's a collector mindset thing. In that case I can say I own Final Fantasy IV in one form or another 6 times (PSP UMD, PSP Digital, Wii VC, GBA, PS1, DS).

Speaking of Ocarina, I used to have the gold cartridge release. But I stupidly traded that in. I should really try to at least finish the 3DS version sometime, then get Wind Waker HD and actually finish that.

Aguirre

It's usually Yui that's the blunt one. It's cute seeing Mugi being so childish.

It's this one sitting on the right of his pic. It's based off of a Mario-esque doujin, if you can believe that.

That's the one with the characters with huge noses? I haven't, but I've thought about it.
the anime emphasizes the moe
tumblr_mgkhq2QqtN1rhk6yco1_500.png

tumblr_mgaz8vLDsi1rvwzn7o2_500.png

tumblr_mew9k7fBrx1qcwq74o1_500.gif

oh and also something i made lol
tumblr_meueiuZbRZ1qddaj9o1_500.jpg

Nafe

True, you didn't.

Yeah, it's really just things like enemy encounters and damage and maybe some items have been switched around where they are type of thing I believe. Sort of more like a remix mode I guess or more along the lines of how a Ninja Gaiden or Devil May Cry switches things up between difficulties.

Ah, okay. I've never really looked at doujins or I'm not exactly sure where all you can find or buy them if you don't go to Comiket. Most times when they get brought up in conversation I'm not really sure what people are talking about or the artist or circle to which they may be referring.

At least for me it's a collector mindset thing. In that case I can say I own Final Fantasy IV in one form or another 6 times (PSP UMD, PSP Digital, Wii VC, GBA, PS1, DS).

Speaking of Ocarina, I used to have the gold cartridge release. But I stupidly traded that in. I should really try to at least finish the 3DS version sometime, then get Wind Waker HD and actually finish that.

Ok, that's another possibility. Another that I myself would possibly consider would be something like the western release of Final Fantasy 4. It was originally called the second and apparently made easier and the translation was rougher or something. If I had owned the game maybe I would buy one of the re-releases as they apparently bring back the original difficulty and change the translations a bit.

Something like those cases maybe where it might pretty much technically be the same game but if you're a really big fan of the series and want to try an unedited type version closer to the original experience, then I might buy it again.

Ok, that's another possibility. Another that I myself would possibly consider would be something like the western release of Final Fantasy 4. It was originally called the second and apparently made easier and the translation was rougher or something. If I had owned the game maybe I would buy one of the re-releases as they apparently bring back the original difficulty and change the translations a bit.

Something like those cases maybe where it might pretty much technically be the same game but if you're a really big fan of the series and want to try an unedited type version closer to the original experience, then I might buy it again.

That is largely it, though I'll confess to some irrationality in my collecting, such as getting the 360 and PS3 versions Bayonetta. But the more I think about it, there is usually something different between different releases that I buy that justifies the purchase. Handheld vs. console, for example, or exclusive content.

Uraizen

Banned
What would a no artistic talent guy like me get to do?

Get sponsored to play 3s.

Well, you do have a Duke Nukem bust...

Whoa, whoa, whoa... that Duke bust is awesome.

[imghttp://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr1s7m36gm1qien7no1_500.gif[/img]

Haha, I'm only kidding around.

kVv5u.gif

That is largely it, though I'll confess to some irrationality in my collecting, such as getting the 360 and PS3 versions Bayonetta.

Well, those two are certainly different enough that they might as well be two different games.

the anime emphasizes the moe
http://24.media.tumblr.com/b4d5df81b6597913a1d460dbaeb69480/tumblr_mgkhq2QqtN1rhk6yco1_500.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/28a258b7f9d0ae64b405a9ed3839f154/tumblr_mgaz8vLDsi1rvwzn7o2_500.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/e2e65299870a7f6451411396e7853d5e/tumblr_mew9k7fBrx1qcwq74o1_500.gif[IMG]

oh and also something i made lol
[IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/3b10fd5dcc1da7d559db041ab7169a2c/tumblr_meueiuZbRZ1qddaj9o1_500.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
It certainly has a very unique look, so that's why I've been interested.
[quote="Nafe, post: 47095330"]True, you didn't.[/QUOTE]

If it was originally a console game then gets ported to handheld system, I have an easier time justifying the purchase. Though I guess it's just the collector in me that wants it more than anything.
That said, I've never went out and bought the same game more than once on the same system, it's always rereleases where I end up buying them again.

[quote="Nafe, post: 47095330"]Yeah, it's really just things like enemy encounters and damage and maybe some items have been switched around where they are type of thing I believe. Sort of more like a remix mode I guess or more along the lines of how a Ninja Gaiden or Devil May Cry switches things up between difficulties.[/QUOTE]
The layout of rooms in dungeon changes are what mostly changes. The rooms are the same, but what is in them completely changes. Funny enough though, the Master Quest Water Dungeon is easier than the original version. lol
In the 3DS port, Master Quest also flips the whole world like how the two versions of Twilight Princess are. Like West is East and vice versa.

[quote="Nafe, post: 47095330"]Ah, okay. I've never really looked at doujins or I'm not exactly sure where all you can find or buy them if you don't go to Comiket. Most times when they get brought up in conversation I'm not really sure what people are talking about or the artist or circle to which they may be referring.[/QUOTE]

Well, a lot of them aren't that good to be honest. lol
You can find them places, but I don't think I can talk about them here on GAF. If you're actually curious, you could always go over this in PMs or on IRC.

[quote="Nafe, post: 47095330"]Ok, that's another possibility. Another that I myself would possibly consider would be something like the western release of Final Fantasy 4. It was originally called the second and apparently made easier and the translation was rougher or something. If I had owned the game maybe I would buy one of the re-releases as they apparently bring back the original difficulty and change the translations a bit.

Something like those cases maybe where it might pretty much technically be the same game but if you're a really big fan of the series and want to try an unedited type version closer to the original experience, then I might buy it again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah there are remakes to consider too.

Aguirre

True, you didn't.

Yeah, it's really just things like enemy encounters and damage and maybe some items have been switched around where they are type of thing I believe. Sort of more like a remix mode I guess or more along the lines of how a Ninja Gaiden or Devil May Cry switches things up between difficulties.

Ah, okay. I've never really looked at doujins or I'm not exactly sure where all you can find or buy them if you don't go to Comiket. Most times when they get brought up in conversation I'm not really sure what people are talking about or the artist or circle to which they may be referring.

i wont go into detail because it probably straddles the line of nsfw, but there are plenty of great doujin sites and also, i find some doujins to be better than the work they're based off, lol :3

cajunator

Banned

Congrats on getting her. I preordered her in the first batch. Had no idea she would become this popular.

Also I wonder how popular Princess bitch actually is.

Madao

you guys are gonna flip when i list how many copies of OoT i have.

1- original N64 version i got in 1998 (version 1.0 gray cart. way rarer than gold carts)
2- used gold cart in 2001. i found it cheap for $20 in EBgames (i imported stuff even back then)
3- OoT/MQ wind Waker bonus disc (free since i pre-ordered TWW)
4- Zelda Collector's Edition GC disc (free again because i had the correct games for registration)
5- VC version
6- OoT3D
7- OoT3D (got another cart for extra save files)
8- OoT jp version 1.1 (i wanted this because it is faster for speed runs)
9- OoT jp version 1.1 (i got this because i thought the first one was lost but it arrived later)
10- OoT3D digital download (i got tired of switching the carts and wanted to see if Nintendo edited this version. no edits so far)

you guys are gonna flip when i list how many copies of OoT i have.

1- original N64 version i got in 1998 (version 1.0 gray cart. way rarer than gold carts)
2- used gold cart in 2001. i found it cheap for $20 in EBgames (i imported stuff even back then)
3- OoT/MQ wind Waker bonus disc (free since i pre-ordered TWW)
4- Zelda Collector's Edition GC disc (free again because i had the correct games for registration)
5- VC version
6- OoT3D
7- OoT3D (got another cart for extra save files)
8- OoT jp version 1.1 (i wanted this because it is faster for speed runs)
9- OoT jp version 1.1 (i got this because i thought the first one was lost but it arrived later)
10- OoT3D digital download (i got tired of switching the carts and wanted to see if Nintendo edited this version. no edits so far)
Yeah, I just have the original, Master Quest disc, Zelda Collectors disc, and OoT3D.
Hyouka is number 1 ... really? Jojo's and GuP I can understand being so high up, but Hyouka...? Why? I just don't understand the appeal. With Jojo's and GuP I can understand the appeal because Jojo's is pure action and GuP is "moe," but I don't see what Hyouka has going for it in any way.

Monocles.

Hyouka is number 1 ... really? Jojo's and GuP I can understand being so high up, but Hyouka...? Why? I just don't understand the appeal. With Jojo's and GuP I can understand the appeal because Jojo's is pure action and GuP is "moe," but I don't see what Hyouka has going for it in any way.

Meh, I enjoyed it :p
Which reminds me, I should probably get around to watching Girls und Panzer. It seems like it would be pretty good..?
Possibly From the New World and Humanity Has Declined, too. My list just keeps getting longer =\

... They purposely hamper their vision to like things that aren't very good?

Maybe?
Out of what I've seen of it so far, it's ok, but not anime of the year caliber. Even visually I don't think it's as great as many have made it out to be. The background art is nice I guess.
Only 2 of the shows I voted for made it in the top 10 anyways.
K-ON! Movie and Girls und Panzer

Uraizen

Banned
Maybe?
Out of what I've seen of it so far, it's ok, but not anime of the year caliber. Even visually I don't think it's as great as many have made it out to be. The background art is nice I guess.
Only 2 of the shows I voted for made it in the top 10 anyways.
K-ON! Movie and Girls und Panzer

Well, it's not bad, but I certainly wouldn't consider it AOTY material.

cajunator

Banned

Hyouka is pretty good but I ranked it ninth.
I dont rank movies in these things or else I would have put K-on movie in top 5.

Annnd AmiAmi just sent in another figure over the night, woo

Lots of packages this week: Hyrule Historia, Momohime, Zelda Manga Box Set, and now... well you'll all just have to wait and see~

I can definitely relate.

... It's not all bad at least. Amazingly enough there's a girl in my Japanese class that likes all the stuff I got. Figures, mousepad, pillow... all of it. Best class.

True story: I had the original release preordered, but I had to cancel due to circumstances at the time. Perhaps as some form of punishment I have managed to miss every single rerelease since :(.

B'aww that's unfortunate! She's easily one of my absolute favourite figures so I'm really glad with her. Next figure I really really wanted was Solange from Code of Princess... but way to expensive for me at the time.

Well, you do have a Duke Nukem bust...

It came with Forever! Balls of Steel~

It's the only thing I have people don't think is weird -_-. I guess there's the Mario thing from Club Nintendo's Platinum Reward.

ok i am shallow and super jealous of your collection ;_;

tumblr_mh7w32mgyV1r922azo1_500.gif

Congrats on getting her. I preordered her in the first batch. Had no idea she would become this popular.

Also I wonder how popular Princess bitch actually is.

Heh, thanks.

Truth be told I never even knew about Princess Bitch myself, but when I saw this Ero Peach I had to find out more!... and Chet just now blew my mind with Bitch -> Beech -> Peach.

Annnd AmiAmi just sent in another figure over the night, woo

Lots of packages this week: Hyrule Historia, Momohime, Zelda Manga Box Set, and now... well you'll all just have to wait and see~

Such a tease!
... It's not all bad at least. Amazingly enough there's a girl in my Japanese class that likes all the stuff I got. Figures, mousepad, pillow... all of it. Best class.

At least you have someone to talk about it.
Truth be told I never even knew about Princess Bitch myself, but when I saw this Ero Peach I had to find out more!... and Chet just now blew my mind with Bitch -> Beech -> Peach.

7ZMA7.gif

Emitan

Beat OoT 3D! \o/

I don't think this is "OMG BEST GAME OF ALL TIME" material like the internet makes it out to be but it's pretty good. I think I prefer Twilight Princess though.

Madao

Beat OoT 3D! \o/

I don't think this is "OMG BEST GAME OF ALL TIME" material like the internet makes it out to be but it's pretty good. I think I prefer Twilight Princess though.

most of the appeal was that it was the very first 3D Zelda and it came out in 1998. i've met tons of people who only played that and never bothered with the rest of the series.

also, the replay value is pretty high since it is a small game and you can beat it quickly normally without any glitches (around 4-5 hours). the GC-era games are too bloated to be finished quickly.

Top Bottom