• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Emitan

I'll have to remember that.

KoJc2eF.jpg

Articalys

So, in a few weeks I'm probably going to be at Animation on Display, a small con in San Francisco that's going to have Cristina Valenzuela and Christine Marie Cabanos as guests. Since I'm likely never going to meet Yoko Hikasa or Ayana Taketatsu, should I get the English VAs to sign the pencilboards I picked up a while back?

So, in a few weeks I'm probably going to be at Animation on Display, a small con in San Francisco that's going to have Cristina Valenzuela and Christine Marie Cabanos as guests. Since I'm likely never going to meet Yoko Hikasa or Ayana Taketatsu, should I get the English VAs to sign the pencilboards I picked up a while back?

If it's for your personal collection, then why not?

You could also meet the other two in the future and have them sign too.

Uraizen

Banned

Sure, why not? It will make those pencilboards all the more special! Is there any reason to not do this that I'm not seeing?

Some episode 4 thoughts!

Loved the sleepy Yui, changed my avatar to her for the time being xD

Anyone else think the girls were gonna fall out of the train when they lifted the window up? That looked just a little dangerous. hehe.

Thought it was funny they panned in on Mio's swimsuit, and in jealousy, Ritsu whipping the ball at her face. Some revenge for all the noggin punches! >:D

The back and forth between Mio and Ritsu are some of the funniest bits. The whole things with the Barnacles, and the photo with Mio clung to the pillow!

Episode 5 tomorrow. :)

And I don't really hate Nintendo. It's a joke in the IRC that I'm biased against them.

I guess that's what I get for not being in the IRC much at all. Should try to change that, though I tend to be shy and quiet in that environment.

Also, just a few more days for Fire Emblem: Awakening :D.

Indeed; I am very fond of Chet. As long as he likes my avatar, then I am pleased.

Who wouldn't love Chet? He's the bestest!

And so is your avatar, Uraizen, if I hadn't mentioned that at all before.

God Hand reference. <3

I just started playing it! So good. "Dragon kick your ass in to the Milky Way!" xD

Isn't God Hand on PSN now? I should give that a try.

You know, I really just take like a week off of work to do nothing but work through my video game backlog.

Just so I remember to wish you a happy birthday then.
Hah. As if that would do it. Hell my dad used to give me a dollar to shut up for an hour. I made a lot of money.
I was always a quiet kid, and I suppose I still am, so no one had to pay me to keep quiet.
Is there a reason you wouldn't want them to sign it? Sure, it's not Yoko, but it's still pretty cool.
Some episode 4 thoughts!

Loved the sleepy Yui, changed my avatar to her for the time being xD

Anyone else think the girls were gonna fall out of the train when they lifted the window up? That looked just a little dangerous. hehe.

Thought it was funny they panned in on Mio's swimsuit, and in jealousy, Ritsu whipping the ball at her face. Some revenge for all the noggin punches! >:D

The back and forth between Mio and Ritsu are some of the funniest bits. The whole things with the Barnacles, and the photo with Mio clung to the pillow!

Episode 5 tomorrow. :)
Mio and Ritsu are my favorites because of episodes like this. They play off each other so well.

Yes! it'll be a little longer before I can get and enjoy it, so please have fun for me. (Are you going to download Marth or Ike?)

You know, I really just take like a week off of work to do nothing but work through my video game backlog.

Yep! It's how I'm playing it. I suddenly feel bad for not buying this on disc when it came out :(

I remember so many people wanting Gene the Godhand to be in Marvel vs Capcom 3. Would have been perfect.

OceanBlue

Those are nice looking pencilboards. I'm jealous. :<

I'm so excited! I keep hearing so many neat things about the game.

I was always a quiet kid, and I suppose I still am, so no one had to pay me to keep quiet.

I've always been shy and quiet. Hell, I practically have to be paid just to speak up. That even extends to the internet for me, which is one reason a stayed a lurker on GAF for so long.

Yes! it'll be a little longer before I can get and enjoy it, so please have fun for me. (Are you going to download Marth or Ike?)

Downloading everything I can get. I'm pretty sure Marth at least is free at the outset.

Yep! It's how I'm playing it. I suddenly feel bad for not buying this on disc when it came out :(

I remember so many people wanting Gene the Godhand to be in Marvel vs Capcom 3. Would have been perfect.

It's unfortunate that God Hand is still nowhere near popular enough to get any kind of crossover game recognition. Project X Zone would have even been a good opportunity. Oh well.

cjkeats

Late to the party but, lovely work as always back there Chet! I want to see more high school Sawa so bad. Kyoani pls.

I guess that's what I get for not being in the IRC much at all. Should try to change that, though I tend to be shy and quiet in that environment.
I'm afraid of the IRC.

I'm so excited! I keep hearing so many neat things about the game.

I laugh at you from my superior northern home as I'm on chapter 8! muhahaha

Speaking of, we should all exchange 3DS friend codes, seems like a bunch of us have them.
Mine's 2578-3109-9956

It is, and only $10. But Persona 3 FES is also there, so if you're buying a PS2 classic, there should be no other.

Downloading everything I can get. I'm pretty sure Marth at least is free at the outset.

I hear there is a "Free" version of Marth and a paid one. Not sure the difference. Probably substantial. lol.

It's unfortunate that God Hand is still nowhere near popular enough to get any kind of crossover game recognition. Project X Zone would have even been a good opportunity. Oh well.

Actually, Gene was one of the final two characters for Marvel 3. This was confirmed a while back. Makes me so sad there wasn't one more updated, even if people would have bitched, it would have been glorious, since we'd have Gene spanking Morrigan! xD~~

Oh, and Project X Zone looks killer. Now they just need to bring over Layton X Wright, dammit.

cjkeats

I hear there is a "Free" version of Marth and a paid one. Not sure the difference. Probably substantial. lol.

The paid Marth is a map from Shadow Dragon, that features a buch of other FE characters and when you beat it you keep Marth as a party member in the regular game. The map is free for a little while after launch, it came out yesterday.
The "Free" marth is a spotpass unit that comes and joins your party, separate from DLC Marth, so you can have two Marths.
People are stoked about having two Ikes.

It is, and only $10. But Persona 3 FES is also there, so if you're buying a PS2 classic, there should be no other.

It's a close call for sure. You'll get more gameplay out of Persona, definitely. Just Godhand is unique. One of a kind. So many variances to your fighting selections. It's a gem. It deserves all the recognition, even now!

The paid Marth is a map from Shadow Dragon, that features a buch of other FE characters and when you beat it you keep Marth as a party member in the regular game. The map is free for a little while after launch, it came out yesterday.
The "Free" marth is a spotpass unit that comes and joins your party, separate from DLC Marth, so you can have two Marths.

Thanks for the clarification. :)

I hear he still fights for his friends!

I laugh at you from my superior northern home as I'm on chapter 8! muhahaha

Speaking of, we should all exchange 3DS friend codes, seems like a bunch of us have them.
Mine's 2578-3109-9956

I'm jelly. But I'll still post my fc when I have a chance to look it up :p.

I actually own all three released versions of P3 (vanilla, FES, PSP) and bought P3P a second time digitally to have it on the Vita.
Still haven't finished a single one yet. I'm a horrible person

Hmm, well...I guess I'll get both then if they are different.

Edit: Thanks for the clarification, cjkeats :).

Actually, Gene was one of the final two characters for Marvel 3. This was confirmed a while back. Makes me so sad there wasn't one more updated, even if people would have bitched, it would have been glorious, since we'd have Gene spanking Morrigan! xD~~

Oh, and Project X Zone looks killer. Now they just need to bring over Layton X Wright, dammit.

Didn't know that. Would've been cool if he made it. Maybe Marvel 4 then (lol).

I've always been shy and quiet. Hell, I practically have to be paid just to speak up. That even extends to the internet for me, which is one reason a stayed a lurker on GAF for so long.
Yeah, I know how that is, but I use GAF as an outlet to really just be me.
Late to the party but, lovely work as always back there Chet! I want to see more high school Sawa so bad. Kyoani pls.
Thank you!
Love the Ui avatar, amish. She's so adorable each time you've see her so far! (four eps in)

Don't see that stoping any time soon :3

She is pretty awesome. The better of the two sisters if you ask me!

cjkeats

No problem duders, drop by the OT sometime. Lots of info around.

I'm jelly. But I'll still post my fc when I have a chance to look it up :p.

I actually own all three released versions of P3 (vanilla, FES, PSP) and bought P3P a second time digitally to have it on the Vita.
Still haven't finished a single one yet. I'm a horrible person

I own 4 versions of it and only really played one :p But hey, when you love a series, you love a series.

Not to drift too far off topic, have you all seen Paperman yet? Easily the best short I've even seen, thanks to the animation, god tier feel inducing music and adorable characters.
45rCt.gif

I own 4 versions of it and only really played one :p But hey, when you love a series, you love a series.

Not to drift too far off topic, have you all seen Paperman yet? Easily the best short I've even seen, thanks to the animation, god tier feel inducing music and adorable characters.
45rCt.gif

I know what it's like, I've bought and own 4 different versions of Final Fantasy Tactics (Original, not counting Advance!) =P~~

I just posted in that Paperman topic. I used to work at Walt Disney World, so about as big a Disney fanatic as they come, and I had no idea about this until today. Beautiful piece, love this music!

Yeah, I know how that is, but I use GAF as an outlet to really just be me.

I try, but it still feels like I'm stepping out of my comfort zone even now. I am most comfy in K-ON GAF, of course.

Love the Ui avatar, amish. She's so adorable each time you've see her so far! (four eps in)

Don't see that stoping any time soon :3

That's because she's the best! At least to me ;).

45rCt.gif

I think I'm actually better at buying Atlus games than actually playing them.

Got Paperman saved to watch later.

I'm imagining something lewd involving Mugi and frosting but I'm sure none of you are interested.

This is actually quite relevant to my interests. Someone with artistic talent (i.e. not me) should get on that.

Nafe

In sort of K-On related news but not really, Minako Kotobuki, the seiyuu for Mugi, will be voicing the character Cure Diamond in the upcoming Doki Doki PreCure which starts airing this coming Sunday morning in Japan. She's the first of the K-On girls to voice a character in a PreCure show.

---

Tamako Market? Hmm... it started out boring, but I'm slowly warming up to it more each episode. I'm not fond of Tamako herself, but I like everybody else in the show so far. To be honest, that stupid bird is the reason I keep watching, just to see what dumb thing he does/says next. I'm starting to like the show for more than just that, though.

That's too bad, I quite like Tamako personally. I like every character in the show. I was kind of hit and miss with Dera(the bird) in the first episode but I've liked him since the second.

And you want some Irisu fan-art? Sure.

------

And I've been quiet in here lately, but as we've already established, I hate Nintendo.

Sure, I'll take Irisu fan art. :)

I don't hate Nintendo yet but some of their decisions in the last few years are putting them in less of a favorable light. At times they almost seem to be treating how things were handled back in the NES and SNES days. It almost seems like one step forwards two steps backwards with them at times.

I didn't read through a lot of the thread so did you play the game back around when it first came out or more recently like Emitan?

So, Episode 4 was awesome. lol. I'll post thoughts later...but, how's everyone like my new avatar? xD

Naturally you're free to choose whichever avatar you wish but for what it's worth, I preferred your Mugi avatar.

I try, but it still feels like I'm stepping out of my comfort zone even now. I am most comfy in K-ON GAF, of course.
Yeah, I understand. You don't know how long it takes me to post sometimes, as I sit there agonizing over the words I've typed to make sure they're right. I've gotten better at this though.
This is actually quite relevant to my interests. Someone with artistic talent (i.e. not me) should get on that.
It sure would be nice.
In sort of K-On related news but not really, Minako Kotobuki, the seiyuu for Mugi, will be voicing the character Cure Diamond in the upcoming Doki Doki PreCure which starts airing this coming Sunday morning in Japan. She's the first of the K-On girls to voice a character in a PreCure show.
That will be interesting, as she's probably the K-ON! seiyuu with the most range I think. I genuinely didn't know she voiced the main character in Manyuu Hikenchou until I looked it up. I wonder if Cure Diamond will sound like Mugi at all.

Sure, I'll take Irisu fan art. :)
That reminds me, I should get working on this sketch.
And watch another episode of Hyouka.

Naturally you're free to choose whichever avatar you wish but for what it's worth, I preferred your Mugi avatar.
There's not enough Mios in this thread.
&#12381;&#12428;&#12399;&#12454;&#12477;&#12364;&#27770;&#12414;&#12387;&#12390;&#12427;&#65281;
;)

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I didn't read through a lot of the thread so did you play the game back around when it first came out or more recently like Emitan?

I played it on GameCube (the special disc that had Zelda 1+2, OoT and MM) after I played Windwaker.

I also find it amusing that Kotobuki Tsumugi and Kotobuki Minako (her voice) share their last name.

FATE!

Interesting. Incidentally, I was thinking of starting Heartcatch when I'm done with a couple of my backlog shows.

I don't hate Nintendo yet but some of their decisions in the last few years are putting them in less of a favorable light. At times they almost seem to be treating how things were handled back in the NES and SNES days. It almost seems like one step forwards two steps backwards with them at times.

They can be infuriating at times (such as on region locking issues), but I don't think I'll ever hate them. I even forgive them for the Virtual Boy.

Nafe

That will be interesting, as she's probably the K-ON! seiyuu with the most range I think. I genuinely didn't know she voiced the main character in Manyuu Hikenchou until I looked it up. I wonder if Cure Diamond will sound like Mugi at all.

Yeah, she does seem to have a bit of range. I'm also wondering if she'll use her Mugi voice. I think the only character who talked in the promo or two I've seen was the main girl.

That reminds me, I should get working on this sketch.
And watch another episode of Hyouka.

Do it for Irisu.

There's not enough Mios in this thread.

If I ever switched to a K-On avatar, I'd have Mio.

I played it on GameCube (the special disc that had Zelda 1+2, OoT and MM) after I played Windwaker.

I also find it amusing that Kotobuki Tsumugi and Kotobuki Minako (her voice) share their last name.

FATE!

Ah, okay. That would probably have some bearing on it then.

I also found that pretty amusing when I first found out.

But aren't they like written differently in Japanese? Still, that is pretty strange.

Right, Minako's family name is spelled with the Kanji &#23551; whereas Mugi's family name is spelled &#29748;&#21561;.

Interesting. Incidentally, I was thinking of starting Heartcatch when I'm done with a couple of my backlog shows.

I had been thinking about Heartcatch for awhile now so I might start watching it soon as well.

They can be infuriating at times (such as on region locking issues), but I don't think I'll ever hate them. I even forgive them for the Virtual Boy.

We'll see with myself. At least Nintendo's franchises themselves are usually good. The portables are actually pretty good for third party games but the consoles lately have had not as many really good ones. Hopefully that changes with the WiiU.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Hey, it could have still been the reason she got the part to play Mugi! Definitely not the fact that she has a great voice and can sing really well.

Secondary concern, to be sure.

;P

Born in 91 as well, damn she's young. I'm 10 years older than she is! *looks at photos* Would, but then I wouldn't want her to shave her head. :-(

Top Bottom