• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Yeah, she does seem to have a bit of range. I'm also wondering if she'll use her Mugi voice. I think the only character who talked in the promo or two I've seen was the main girl.
I guess it all matters on what kind of character she plays. I can't really tell by just looking at the character design.
Do it for Irisu.
I think I will when I get home in a few hours. Than and finish Gunbuster.
If I ever switched to a K-On avatar, I'd have Mio.
MFF
Right, Minako's family name is spelled with the Kanji 寿 whereas Mugi's family name is spelled 琴吹.
The fact that they sound the same probably came up during there casting auditions, that's for sure. lol
We'll see with myself. At least Nintendo's franchises themselves are usually good. The portables are actually pretty good for third party games but the consoles lately have had not as many really good ones. Hopefully that changes with the WiiU.
I'm liking it so far, if that means anything.
Secondary concern, to be sure.

;P

Born in 91 as well, damn she's young. I'm 10 years older than she is! *looks at photos* Would, but then I wouldn't want her to shave her head. :-(
Yeah, they were all pretty young when they did K-ON! I think Minako was still in high school then. Yoko is the oldest I think out of the main girls.

LayLa

Tsumugi Kotobuki being the youngest of the main 5 seiyu is surprising if you have seen either of the live shows - she comes across as the mature composed one, the others are more like teenage girls who start crying at the drop of a hat!

Tsumugi Kotobuki being the youngest of the main 5 seiyu is surprising if you have seen either of the live shows - she comes across as the mature composed one, the others are more like teenage girls who start crying at the drop of a hat!

There's only like 6 years apart from the youngest and the oldest of the group.
From oldest to youngest it goes
Yoko (Mio) -> Satomi (Ritsu) -> Aki (Yui) -> Ayana (Azusa) -> Minako (Mugi)

the others are more like teenage girls who start crying at the drop of a hat!

cryongifet.gif

LayLa

She seems like the perfect fit for Mio. I doubt they could have found a better person to play her.

So true, in fact they all seem to have been well cast. I'm biased being a fan but I really can't imagine anyone else in the roles (hence never watching the dub)
One thing about the live concerts - Chika Fujito (Nodoka) has a surprisingly good singing voice, and looking around on the web there's very little information on her - she's only worked on K-On! and had bit parts in Shining Hearts and Guilty Crown (lol).

cajunator

Banned
I played it on GameCube (the special disc that had Zelda 1+2, OoT and MM) after I played Windwaker.

I also find it amusing that Kotobuki Tsumugi and Kotobuki Minako (her voice) share their last name.

FATE!

Well I think that may have a lot to do with it. WindWaker was a refinement of the genre and of the precedent that was initially set by Ocarina of Time. If you hadn't played OOT/MM when they released, you definitely couldn't appreciate the games for the impact they made. Ocarina of time created the whole lock-on target mechanic in games for example. In its time, it was leaps and bounds above EVERYTHING. For the time, it was incredibly epic. It was ambitious and delivered on those ambitions pretty much. It looked beautiful for the time period and musically and thematically set up the Zelda franchise in ways that still continue today. When it came out, it was to simply put it a revelation in videogaming. To play it more recently than that is kind of cheating yourself because the elements of it that made gaming what it is today were prototypes.

Uraizen

Banned
You guys are weird.

Pfft, whatever.

I'm afraid of the IRC.

It is, and only $10. But Persona 3 FES is also there, so if you're buying a PS2 classic, there should be no other.

I can tell, you should fix that.

No, God Hand takes priority over persona.

Actually, Gene was one of the final two characters for Marvel 3. This was confirmed a while back. Makes me so sad there wasn't one more updated, even if people would have bitched, it would have been glorious, since we'd have Gene spanking Morrigan! xD~~

The things that could have been... He probably would have ended up like Iron Fist, though.

Nafe said:
That's too bad, I quite like Tamako personally. I like every character in the show. I was kind of hit and miss with Dera(the bird) in the first episode but I've liked him since the second.

I like the show itself, just not her. I took an instant liking to the bird. Everybody else can be hit or miss for me, but they're usually a hit.

So true, in fact they all seem to have been well cast. I'm biased being a fan but I really can't imagine anyone else in the roles (hence never watching the dub)
One thing about the live concerts - Chika Fujito (Nodoka) has a surprisingly good singing voice, and looking around on the web there's very little information on her - she's only worked on K-On! and had bit parts in Shining Hearts and Guilty Crown (lol).
Yeah, some of them seem to even fit outside of just their voices.
Yeah, Chika has almost no roles besides Nodoka. Maybe she's not actively looking for voice work? Still, it's a little weird considering she has such a lovely voice. According to MAL, Chika was born the same date as Yoko Hikasa. Not sure how accurate that is.
Well I think that may have a lot to do with it. WindWaker was a refinement of the genre and of the precedent that was initially set by Ocarina of Time. If you hadn't played OOT/MM when they released, you definitely couldn't appreciate the games for the impact they made. Ocarina of time created the whole lock-on target mechanic in games for example. In its time, it was leaps and bounds above EVERYTHING. For the time, it was incredibly epic. It was ambitious and delivered on those ambitions pretty much. It looked beautiful for the time period and musically and thematically set up the Zelda franchise in ways that still continue today. When it came out, it was to simply put it a revelation in videogaming. To play it more recently than that is kind of cheating yourself because the elements of it that made gaming what it is today were prototypes.
I still think Ocarina is better than Twilight Princess. Majora's Mask is the best though.

cajunator

Banned
I feel disappointed.
I really wanted to sketch something (and still might) and last night I was totally in the mood to start drawing before I got called into work again unexpectedly.
Now Im still exhausted and not in the mood anymore ;_;

Pfft, whatever.
ywXdd.gif

I feel disappointed.
I really wanted to sketch something (and still might) and last night I was totally in the mood to start drawing before I got called into work again unexpectedly.
Now Im still exhausted and not in the mood anymore ;_;
That's too bad. Probably shouldn't try to force yourself to draw when you're tired. You think it looks good then, but when you wake up in the morning, you realize it's pretty bad. At least, that's how it is with me.

Kazzy

In sort of K-On related news but not really, Minako Kotobuki, the seiyuu for Mugi, will be voicing the character Cure Diamond in the upcoming Doki Doki PreCure which starts airing this coming Sunday morning in Japan. She's the first of the K-On girls to voice a character in a PreCure show.

I always did like PreCure.

Uraizen

Banned
Yui - faithful
Ritsu - faithful
Mio - cheater (too shy to say no)
Mugi - cheater (she has always wanted to try cheating once!)
Azusa - cheater (she would try to not make it her fault)
Ui - faithful
Jun - faithful
Sawa - faithful (but very flirty)

Yui - faithful
Ritsu - faithful
Ui - faithful
Jun - faithful

Jun wasn't very faithful to the Jazz club.

Kazzy

It's an incentive for you to get further in K-ON!!

Now you have a reason to watch DokiDoki!

Maybe, I was always a little curious to see what the fuss is about.

The EVA experiment is working well, so I'm not adverse to the idea.

Yui - faithful
Ritsu - faithful
Ui - faithful
Jun - faithful

...wut?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Ah, okay. That would probably have some bearing on it then.

I also found that pretty amusing when I first found out.

Right, Minako's family name is spelled with the Kanji 寿 whereas Mugi's family name is spelled 琴吹.

I suppose that makes sense. I mean, I owned a Wii before I owned an N64, ;P. my only exp. w/ an N64 at the time it came out was Super Mario 64 at a friend's place.

Kanji makes learning Japanese both fascinating and infuriating. ;P

cajunator

Banned
I suppose that makes sense. I mean, I owned a Wii before I owned an N64, ;P. my only exp. w/ an N64 at the time it came out was Super Mario 64 at a friend's place.

Kanji makes learning Japanese both fascinating and infuriating. ;P

Yeah. Definitely you didnt experience OOT the way it was meant to be. Itsl ike watching an old harem anime like Tenchi or Love Hina and going "man this sucks all this was done already!"

cjkeats

Yui - faithful
Ritsu - faithful
Ui - faithful
Jun - faithful

I'm not even gonna ask what brought this on, but unn..okay?

Uraizen

Banned
I'm not even gonna ask what brought this on, but unn..okay?

Being bored while browsing GAF on my phone.

Ritsu is totally faithful. She's the best!

Correct.

He's wrong about Mio. She's far to traditional to be unfaithful.

I bet she'll be too shy to say no when the time comes. He'll try to lean in and kiss her while she tries to gather the courage to say no. By the time she can, it's already too late!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I bet she'll be too shy to say no when the time comes. He'll try to lean in and kiss her while she tries to gather the courage to say no. By the time she can, it's already too late!

At the last minute a flash of Ritsu's smiling face would appear, and Mio would push him off and run away. ^^;

cjkeats

I shouldn't comment on the list, because after every girl I've been in a relationship with has turned out to be a giant cheating pile of shit, my view on these things is a little askew, given that I'm still in the recovery stage.
I'll just say, because a girl is shy and afraid of everything, don't mean she can't be sleazy when the opportunity arrives.
In other words, I agree with his thoughts on Mio.

I need to go drive fast and listen to loud music for a bit.

Uraizen

Banned
He probably posted from a red light.

You turned my teasing into something reasonable, boo!

I shouldn't comment on the list, because after every girl I've been in a relationship with has turned out to be a giant cheating pile of shit, my view on these things is a little askew, given that I'm still in the recovery stage.
I'll just say, because a girl is shy and afraid of everything, don't mean she can't be sleazy when the opportunity arrives.
In other words, I agree with his thoughts on Mio.

Okay, if we're going to be serious, then my views are a little skewed as well. That still doesn't mean I can't have an opinion about it!

Top Bottom