• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

cjkeats

K-onGAF so quiet tonight.
ljAiV.jpg

cjkeats

I'm at a party. Only guy here. I hate it. I'm taking solace in my macbook while girls blabber about retail life at an accessory store.

maybe everyone is being subjugated by their waifus...
I stuck a Kyokou sticker on my computer yesterday, and I'm on it now. She could be considered Waifu mater, if not just Madoka's best girl, so yeah, I guess that counts.

Been studying how to use Excel.

I took a course on Office that was mostly Excel a couple semesters ago. I finished the course with a 34. Pivot tables can eat it.

I'm busy admiring things of pure beauty. Nafe would truly appreciate this...

I too, like to mash X and Y until everything on screen is dead. I got that Vita NG the other day. I don;t even want to play it because of bad memories of the first NG on OG Xbox.

Uraizen

Banned
I too, like to mash X and Y until everything on screen is dead. I got that Vita NG the other day. I don;t even want to play it because of bad memories of the first NG on OG Xbox.

Ew...

They dumbed that version down in many ways, you'll be fine.

I'd also like to change my statement, "only Nafe can appreciate this."

I had to drag my sick butt into work tonight to get some stuff done. So would have rather been sleeping all day >_>

Feeling a bit better though. I'll be more lively on here soon.

Articalys

Fact gleaned from the panels today at the con: they haven't even started dubbing the K-On movie yet. Christine Cabanos said she'd only watched the first ten or so minutes of it so far, and people in the audience jokingly told her she'd need to watch out for the hotel room scene (whatever that means).

Most of the questions during both her and Cristina Vee's panels veered towards Madoka or other topics (another fact learned: Cabanos has an Ultimate Madoka figure, but it won't fit on her normal figure shelf so it's on her coffee table), but not much in the way of K-On.

cjkeats

I had to drag my sick butt into work tonight to get some stuff done. So would have rather been sleeping all day >_>

Feeling a bit better though. I'll be more lively on here soon.
Feel better duder!

Fact gleaned from the panels today at the con: they haven't even started dubbing the K-On movie yet. Christine Cabanos said she'd only watched the first ten or so minutes of it so far, and people in the audience jokingly told her she'd need to watch out for the hotel room scene (whatever that means).

Most of the questions during both her and Cristina Vee's panels veered towards Madoka or other topics (another fact learned: Cabanos has an Ultimate Madoka figure, but it won't fit on her normal figure shelf so it's on her coffee table), but not much in the way of K-On.

oh wow, figured they would've started by now. huh. Stange so much Madoka because thats done and all, while k-on still isn't.

Speaking of madoka I got tickets to the movies. So hyped.

Articalys

Feel better duder!

oh wow, figured they would've started by now. huh. Stange so much Madoka because thats done and all, while k-on still isn't.

Speaking of madoka I got tickets to the movies. So hyped.
The upcoming movie 3 says nnnnnope.
Unless you just meant their dubbing work, in which case that's true, but a lot more of the kind of people you're going to find at a con will know more about / be more interested in Madoka than K-On anyway.

Articalys

oh yeah. :p I forgot about that. I wonder if they'll dub that too? They will for sure right?
Undoubtably, along with the first two, assuming AoA chooses to license them (and I don't see why not). Thought that does remind me it'll still be a while before they solicit even the JP BD release for the first two movies.

cjkeats

Undoubtably, along with the first two, assuming AoA chooses to license them (and I don't see why not). Thought that does remind me it'll still be a while before they solicit even the JP BD release for the first two movies.

Well aniplex is handling the theatrical release aren't they? They have to do the blu-rays too. If it's successful enough to come to my province it'll get a blu-ray release. I'd like to think they're getting on the ball by this point.

I wasn't feeling the lewd from it.
Who said anything about lewd?
Boobs are like the cheeks of the chest

cheek chest chet
Cheeky Chet Cherishes Chests
Chet has already shown me fan art of such a thing ... It was beautiful.
No.
I was doing things.

Ew, Madoka. Though I don't really blame them for not asking to much about the K-ON! dub.
Did they talk at all about what they might do with the whole London language barrier thing? Well, I suppose neither of them would probably know much or anything about that...

Articalys

Ew, Madoka. Though I don't really blame them for not asking to much about the K-ON! dub.
Did they talk at all about what they might do with the whole London language barrier thing? Well, I suppose neither of them would probably know much or anything about that...
Eh, I was going to ask, but after they mentioned they hadn't watched the movie yet I decided not to say anything. Weren't there a few English lines in the TV episodes, like the delicious cake shop? How did the dub handle those?

Anyway, Cabanos thought the pencilboards were really cute and took a picture of them to show her friends. Cristina Vee also wrote "OTP" above the Mio/Azusa picture on one of them when she signed it.

On a final ironic note, Stephanie Sheh was at this con last year, but not this year.

Eh, I was going to ask, but after they mentioned they hadn't watched the movie yet I decided not to say anything. Weren't there a few English lines in the TV episodes, like the delicious cake shop? How did the dub handle those?
They speak French instead, but that's not really going to work with the movie, since it's very clearly in London.
On that note, they seem to make it out that they're supposed to be speaking in Japanese in the dub, as Yui says,"No Nihongo" and not to mention the whole joke where Ritsu says reading english hurts her eyes is still the same.
Anyway, Cabanos thought the pencilboards were really cute and took a picture of them to show her friends. Cristina Vee also wrote "OTP" above the Mio/Azusa picture on one of them when she signed it.

On a final ironic note, Stephanie Sheh was at this con last year, but not this year.

Haha, that's pretty cool! I'd like to see them if you wouldn't mind.

Articalys

Sure:
(as usual, pardon my terrible smartphone camera photography skills

edit: the mecha discussion presently going on in the main anime thread reminded me that at the panel Christine and Cristina were asked what mecha they would most want to pilot; Cristina said the Wing Zero Custom Gundam, while Christine said the Nirvash, immediately proving that Azusa has better taste in mecha than Mio.

Sure:

(as usual, pardon my terrible smartphone camera photography skills)
Awesome, looks like they had there fun there as well. Christine x Cristina. lol
edit: the mecha discussion presently going on in the main anime thread reminded me that at the panel Christine and Cristina were asked what mecha they would most want to pilot; Cristina said the Wing Zero Custom Gundam, while Christine said the Nirvash, immediately proving that Azusa has better taste in mecha than Mio.

No way man, no way!

Kazzy

Sure:

(as usual, pardon my terrible smartphone camera photography skills

Kind of makes me wish I knew something about these mecha shows.

Evangelion don't count. Hoho, I'm so clever!

I was going to go to Katsucon, then 2 things happened: 1) My roomie's family came into town for the weekend, and 2) I was reminded by my con-going friends that I'm supposed to be going to Anime Boston this year, so I decided to save my monies for that instead.

Not sure what's up yet for today but I suspect it may end up busy as well.

I like the look of the characters, but that's just about it...

Poor Mugi...

You've never seen Gundam Wing? Weird...

To outer space, every one of us! [/1999 Toonami]

Nadesico and Dual might be my favorite two Mecha-ish series.

I was going to go to Katsucon, then 2 things happened: 1) My roomie's family came into town for the weekend, and 2) I was reminded by my con-going friends that I'm supposed to be going to Anime Boston this year, so I decided to save my monies for that instead.

Bummer you couldn't go! From what I hear Anime Boston's supposed to be very fun too, a lot of my old con friends loved it.

Oh, and if you're not too busy today I'm feeling better enough that if you want to play some Castlevania, I'm down :)

Nadesico and Dual might be my favorite two Mecha-ish series.

You have good taste. Well, the movie was meh, but the series is great stuff.

Bummer you couldn't go! From what I hear Anime Boston's supposed to be very fun too, a lot of my old con friends loved it.

Oh, and if you're not too busy today I'm feeling better enough that if you want to play some Castlevania, I'm down :)

Glad you're feeling better :). I'm leaving soon, but I'll let you know later on if I have time.

You have good taste. Well, the movie was meh, but the series is great stuff.

Glad you're feeling better :). I'm leaving soon, but I'll let you know later on if I have time.

Gai Daigoji!
. Oh, and definitely agreed on the Nadesico movie being meh.

Oh, and Vandread. Also enjoyed series 1 of that at least.

Cool, PM me on here, or message me on PSN.

I watched a little Eureka on Toonami, looked interesting, maybe I'll have to watch it through one of these times.

E7 is too long by half and most of the early episodes are wretched in terms of time wasting. Honestly I didn't like the middle episodes much either, but it gets really good at the end and the ending was fantastic. Of course Bones being Bones, they couldn't leave the ending of E7 alone and made a sequel series that nobody wanted.

E7 is too long by half and most of the early episodes are wretched in terms of time wasting. Honestly I didn't like the middle episodes much either, but it gets really good at the end and the ending was fantastic. Of course Bones being Bones, they couldn't leave the ending of E7 alone and made a sequel series that nobody wanted.

Ugh, I dislike series that drag on like so. Too many great series are only 6 or 13 episodes, yet stuff like that should have shorter instead. Gotta prioritize what to watch now anyway.

Top Bottom