• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Perception is always greater than reality!
i3WaEk4.gif

So you should. Love is home town!
I love life.
This is a pure thread.

6rpAyRJ.gif

Uraizen

Banned
-You beat it on the hardest difficulty already? Didn't the game just come out last week in the States?

-Not really any game in particular, I was just wondering if you saw any. It was the first time I had watched any of it and I was in and out myself as well. I didn't really watch a lot of Tekken or the Tekken X Street Fighter and switched over to the Smash Brothers stream to see what that was like as I hadn't really seen any tournament level play with those games.

Project M was interesting as I hadn't seen or really looked up anything about it and I haven't played Brawl yet but as much as people seem to complain that Smash Brothers Brawl isn't Melee, I think the Brawl matches were actually more exciting to watch. As far as that particular tournament anyway.

-The 19th, yes, and it was addicting! I couldn't stop myself from playing it!

-I don't really remember any memorable moments on the stream, so I can't say much about it. I just completely tune out smash, I only watched some SFxT and a little Marvel.

lolmark

I gotten a couple of compliments on my avatar and suggestions to visit this thread. So, I'm here now.

Tamako Market is pretty good.

OceanBlue

Which is kinda hard when you have a giant cast of characters. None of them get enough time to shine.

I think that's a big part of it. The interactions just don't feel as natural as they do in K-On. Don't get me wrong; I love Tamako Market and I really like the interactions in it. I just think K-On feels so natural because I really feel like it captures the feeling of a bunch of friends hanging out and having fun. I've never done any of the things in K-On with my friends though, lol.

Oh my god... that avatar... so good. Keep this one.

Lol, usually it takes me 10-20 minutes to comb through the episode again and pick a nice shot. This one took me 2 minutes to pick and crop. It's just so great. But I'm committing to an avatar an episode. ;_;

Maybe if there aren't any shots as good as this one, I'll keep it next week.

Uraizen

Banned
I gotten a couple of compliments on my avatar and suggestions to visit this thread. So, I'm here now.

Tamako Market is pretty good.

Hmm... I recognize this avatar, I think I've seen you around other threads I lurk. Welcome!

Lol, usually it takes me 10-20 minutes to comb through the episode again and pick a nice shot. This one took me 2 minutes to pick and crop. It's just so great. But I'm committing to an avatar an episode. ;_;

Maybe if there aren't any shots as good as this one, I'll keep it next week.

But this one is so good.

I think that's a big part of it. The interactions just don't feel as natural as they do in K-On. Don't get me wrong; I love Tamako Market and I really like the interactions in it. I just think K-On feels so natural because I really feel like it captures the feeling of a bunch of friends hanging out and having fun. I've never done any of the things in K-On with my friends though, lol.

K-ON! is like a small group of close friends. Tamako is like a big group of friends of a friend that happens to have a talking bird.

OceanBlue

But this one is so good.
Yeah, I really like it too :). It'll probably be like the glasses Tamako avatar, where I won't want to replace it next week unless something really good appears.

This is the glasses Tamako avatar, by the way. I think it's my favorite so far, maybe tied with this current one.

EkjDROV.png

K-ON! is like a small group of close friends. Tamako is like a big group of friends of a friend that happens to have a talking bird.
Lol, that's a good way to describe it. I think that closeness definitely describes something I feel like Tamako Market is missing. Everyone in K-On felt really close to each other. All of their personalities bounced off of each other in a lot of fun ways during conversations, and I feel like the characters' personalities really shone through. In Tamako Market, the interactions feel a lot more general to me. They don't have the same sense of closeness.

Lol, that's a good way to describe it. I think that closeness definitely describes something I feel like Tamako Market is missing. Everyone in K-On felt really close to each other. All of their personalities bounced off of each other in a lot of fun ways during conversations, and I feel like the characters' personalities really shone through. In Tamako Market, the interactions feel a lot more general to me. They don't have the same sense of closeness.

Yeah, the girls in K-ON! really compliment each other really well. Like how Ritsu and Mio's personalities really drive some scenes, but Ritsu also has some crazy antics with Yui and Mio with Azusa, and so on.
The Tamako characters don't really have that. Kanna's antics would have been a perfect fit in the K-ON! world, but she has no one to bounce off with in Tamako. Tamako herself is just too clueless and Midori is too busy having the hots for Tamako.

cajunator

Banned
Posted this in the figures thread, but this is the extent of my figurine obsession.

Hatsune Miku, Sumomo, Charles Dunois
am6xZFk.jpg

Kyubey, Saber, Punie Tanaka, Bome magical girl, Bome catgirl, Kuroyukihime figma
BiqBqtC.jpg

BOme Lucia, Bome Eclair and Lumiere from Kiddy Grade, Scrapped Princess Pacifica and Raquel Casull
RJDZIQS.jpg

Galaxy Fraulein Yuna, Catherine Blitzen, Sakura figures, Bome bunnygirl, Lum,
Chii, Minawa, Reiko Holinger
ZDvFrhw.jpg

Hazuki from Moonphase, Eruruu/Aruruu from Utawarerumono
RWxJomv.jpg

Ritsu and Mugi from K-On
c3ErRUD.jpg

Senjougahara, Momohime, Millhiore F Biscotti, Lala Satalin Deviluke, Merry Nightmare, XiaoMei
ZSYDD95.jpg

Kuroyukihime, Komugi Nakahara, Elsie De Lute Irma, Saber Lily
JgsowxL.jpg

Penguin Musume, Dark Magician girl, Madoka, Tsubasa from Bakemonagatari, Poplar Taneshima, Yamada, Ika Musume, Kuroneko
xXqw1P7.jpg

Sayaka, Ultimate Madoka, Homura, Mami, Kyoko
WxACpcM.jpg

Aoba Tsugumi from Kannagi, Michelle, Anita, and Maggie from ROD TV, Holo, Kuroneko, Izumi Sawatari from He is My Master, Stocking, Milfeuille from Galaxy Angel
TO6P8om.jpg

I don't bother adding up how much all this cost because it would just make me sad.

Uraizen

Banned
Yeah, I really like it too :). It'll probably be like the glasses Tamako avatar, where I won't want to replace it next week unless something really good appears.

This is the glasses Tamako avatar, by the way. I think it's my favorite so far, maybe tied with this current one.

I want to associate you with this avatar.

Posted this in the figures thread, but this is the extent of my figurine obsession.

I don't bother adding up how much all this cost because it would just make me sad.

Largest consumer of HHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH.

MikeMyers

I never really played FFX-2 but I think there were outfit transformations that were maybe sort of Sailor Moon or magical girl like in their presentation as part of the games combat system.

I never played X2 either (I would get it if PS3 actually played PS2 games). But I did play the Sailor Moon games for Saturn and Genesis.

Maybe I should get regular too we can both be bad at it. Actually, I kinda suck at all fighting games, period. Still like to play them though!

Haha maybe, I feel you. I'm no pro, but I do enjoy playing the games.

I checked prices on ebay again and to get a NEW Mio or Azusa is going to cost me close to 200 each. Less if Im extremely lucky.

Why do you require a NEW one? I followed Chet's advice and watched for a used one and it popped up one day on AmiAmi. The condition was rated 'A' and basically it looked like it had never been opened when I received it, even the box was in mint condition.

cajunator

Banned
Why do you require a NEW one? I followed Chet's advice and watched for a used one and it popped up one day on AmiAmi. The condition was rated 'A' and basically it looked like it had never been opened when I received it, even the box was in mint condition.

Because I love that new figure smell (eww)
Seriously though, I just like having never touched merchandise that hasnt been tampered with. The only time I will make an exception is if it is otherwise impossible to find or several hundreds of dollars.

cajunator

Banned
Demand for K-ON merch reflects who the best characters are. No surprise there.

Ritsu and Mugi were the most expensive because of the large instruments. Mio and Azusa next followed by Yui.

Anyway, the deed is done. I work two extra days next week anyway and that will easily cover both of them. Now just waiting.
I hate waiting :(

cajunator

Banned
I just realized that this small fraction of all those images is probably worth more than what I've spent on all the anime-related products I've ever bought in my entire lifetime. Or at least damn near close to it.

The price I pay for hnnng these days.
Its like a drug habit, except constructive.
Also, there are two full bookshelves of anime I did not take photos of because there are no figurines around them.
I didnt just start collecting all this yesterday though. It has been over years and years. Since 1999 at least.

cajunator

Banned
Just got a message from the NY seller the Mio figure ships out first thing in the morning. That means it should arrive by next week.
Azusa will take considerably longer.

cajunator

Banned
Azu was shipped by SAL according to the seller in Japan so that will take at least until April to get here anyway. might as well order Yui soon too.

Edit: got it changed to EMS, so it will be much sooner.
Might have the 5 girls together by late March :3

Uraizen

Banned
The price I pay for hnnng these days.
Its like a drug habit, except constructive.
Also, there are two full bookshelves of anime I did not take photos of because there are no figurines around them.
I didnt just start collecting all this yesterday though. It has been over years and years. Since 1999 at least.

Since 1999? Damn, I only recently started watching anime outside of shonens.

Top Bottom