• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Emitan

I do not but I'd like to try it along with Metal Gear Solid 4. Even if the story is silly I still want to play it.

This is a much nicer picture than the first one you posted, haha.

Well I've only played about an hour of it so I'm basically at the start!

Interesting that you saw that picture but Chet didn't...

Revengeance mode is killing me, literally! Parry or be killed, that's all there is to it in that mode.
Well, okay, there's more to it, but that's how I'll explain it.

Finished my work for the week! Hit me up whenever you want to play, Caj.

I'm so glad you're enjoying MGR. Everything I hear is so good. What game you two gonna play, Arcana Heart?

Uraizen

Banned
Aww. Well I hope you have a good rest then. Lemme know if you wanna play AH3 later sometime k?

*hugs Uraizen

Why not just hit me up whenever you're free during the day? Preferably sometime before 4AM, if possible. You could literally call me out at any moment now, lol. Worst case scenario is I would be playing Rising. Just do what my other friends do and txt me "Get your butt on PSN" when you want to play. It works disturbingly well for those who can.

*hugs back

I like to hug, too.

cajunator

Banned
Why not just hit me up whenever you're free during the day? Preferably sometime before 4AM, if possible. You could literally call me out at any moment now, lol. Worst case scenario is I would be playing Rising. Just do what my other friends do and txt me "Get your butt on PSN" when you want to play. It works disturbingly well for those who can.

*hugs back

I like to hug, too.

Aight. I shall keep this in mind.
What time is it where you are?

I don't like AH3, but I haven't played any fighting games for a while, so I might have to join in sometime.

Pretty avatar, what's she from?

Amish, Ura and I have Ultimate Marvel and Tekken Tag 2 (and SCV.) Ura also has SF x T and Third Strike. I also have SFIV:AE, so hit us up anytime if you'd like to play any of those!

cajunator

Banned

Amish, Ura and I have Ultimate Marvel and Tekken Tag 2 (and SCV.) Ura also has SF x T and Third Strike. I also have SFIV:AE, so hit us up anytime if you'd like to play any of those!

KUROUSAGI from Mondaiji.
Also known to her followers as the bunny goddess <3

MikeMyers

Don't forget I have TTT2, also MvC3 but haven't played that in so long.

cjkeats

That's you assuming you can mash A faster than me! lolz. Sure, I'd be up for Persona sometime.

I'd be down for some P4A. I'm not much into fighting games, but I'm always up for Persona(when I'm not bogged down in school work).
It even sounds like everyone here is out of practice too, so I might stand a chance!

Good morning! While it still technically is morning, anyway.

I could do some P4A sometime. Haven't exactly played much of that either so it would be a button mash-fest ;).

Nafe

Regarding Futari Wa Precure, what was it that made you stop watching? the
reset
?

Also I agree with you thats whjat turns me off multiplayer gaming. Its way too "here today, gone tomorrow". By the time I get good at something, people have moved on so there is little incentive to play any game long enough to get good at it for online competition.

I honestly don't remember. I think I was maybe just busy and started to miss enough episodes maybe. It wasn't because I didn't like the show and wanted to drop it or anything like that.

It wasn't until about 2009 or 2010 that I even found out that the show kept going into multiple different series. I was thinking of picking it up again to at least finish the first but ultimately never got around to it. When Smile PreCure! started airing I was reading the anime thread and the one's watching it seemed to be having fun and liking the show. I liked the designs from those who posted screenshots and decided that I'd maybe try jumping back into the series with Smile instead.

I wound up really liking the show and carried on to Doki Doki PreCure! and I want to watch Heartcatch PreCure! and still get back to seeing all of the first.

---

Regarding games, that's why I like the one's that still support a local mode even if it's just four player's as compared to the online only one's. With the first Xbox's online services gone at least I can still play game's like Halo 2 or Star Wars Battlefront.

With more game's seeming to be multiplayer only or focusing so much on multiplayer that their single player portion's are either really short or more of a glorified training mode they pretty much become useless if no one is playing. It just makes me feel why even bother buying them if no one is going to be playing them a few months down the road anyway? That or I'm more like Uraizen in that I might buy a shooter if it's really cheap.

Revengeance mode is killing me, literally! Parry or be killed, that's all there is to it in that mode.

Is Revengeance the name of the hardest difficulty?

Did you happen to see any of the matches at that Winter Brawl thing that was on this past weekend or were you busy with certain other more important things?

Stars was OKAY, I do agree the facial reactions were really funny.

PGSM actually takes a lot from the manga, for example the Shitennou being Mamoru;s guardians was actually in the manga, PGSM just expanded on it.

I haven't really read any of the manga yet but have heard different things about it such as Rei's father also making a bit of an appearance like he does in PGSM and it's not just Rei and her grandfather as in the anime.

I'd like to go through the manga sometime and then compare all three. I actually even watched one of the musicals the one time that had it's own original storyline, haha.

Well, it's basically just Fire Emblem Awakening that I've been wasting my time on. lol It's a huge time sink, but a lot of fun. I'll probably get back to watching Hyouka and the other shows I was watching when I finish it.

Ah, okay. The only Fire Emblem game I have is Sacred Stone's for the GameBoy Advance. I only really played through the first two or three chapters I think. I've been thinking of going back to that since I bought it and everything.

So I did miss something...

If you really want to know...
As part of Chuunibyou's opening Rikka does that animation where she's pointing and spinning her hands around. I'm sure you've seen people take that animation and make it so that it looks like other character's are doing it instead. Watanabe posted a gif of Mugi from K-On doing it but it was a really large image and the animation looked a little off to me, combined with the particular shot of Mugi's smile it all made it look kind of weird or scary, haha.

Any of you are Kuroyukihime fans? Just got this figure too:

Beautiful :D

Well if you have Arcana heart 3 lemme know if you wanna play it sometime :p
Im sure you could kick my ass but I love all the cute animations and stuff on the sides and the character designs.

I have Arcana Heart 3! If you want to add me on PSN I'm Amishpriest there. Super cute game (though I hate the final boss fight).

Kazzy

So I did miss something...

Nope. And I dispose of any potentially lewd images I stumble upon by sending them to others. Or dumping in the IRC. Whichever is most convenient.

Rest assured, this wasn't a special event. And besides, I edit posts all the time, it's just that people are usually too slow to catch me doing it!

If you really want to know..

Do you want me to put it up again? DO YOU!?
You don't.

:(

I-it's not like I l-like them or anything, B-baka.
Well, I'm in the same boat...
Ah, okay. The only Fire Emblem game I have is Sacred Stone's for the GameBoy Advance. I only really played through the first two or three chapters I think. I've been thinking of going back to that since I bought it and everything.
I've been going through it pretty slowly, so who knows when I'll get back into it. lol
As part of Chuunibyou's opening Rikka does that animation where she's pointing and spinning her hands around. I'm sure you've seen people take that animation and make it so that it looks like other character's are doing it instead. Watanabe posted a gif of Mugi from K-On doing it but it was a really large image and the animation looked a little off to me, combined with the particular shot of Mugi's smile it all made it look kind of weird or scary, haha.
That seems rather tame for the reaction it got...
Nope. And I dispose of any potentially lewd images I stumble upon by sending them to others. Or dumping in the IRC. Whichever is most convenient.

Rest assured, this wasn't a special event. And besides, I edit posts all the time, it's just that people are usually too slow to catch me doing it!

Do you want me to put it up again? DO YOU!?
You don't.
It couldn't have been that bad...

I really liked the combat system in the demo once I started to get used to it. Hope to pick this up soon-ish.

Ok, this sounds kind of interesting actually :p.

Uraizen

Banned
Is Revengeance the name of the hardest difficulty?

Did you happen to see any of the matches at that Winter Brawl thing that was on this past weekend or were you busy with certain other more important things?

Yes, it is the hardest difficulty and I just beat it a few minutes ago. If you're curious about the game, feel free to PM me!

For what game? I kinda tuned in and out.

I really liked the combat system in the demo once I started to get used to it. Hope to pick this up soon-ish.

It's so good.

Emitan

I will get it some day...

Waiting on PC version.

EDIT: Actually I don't really play PC games anymore. Maybe I'll wait for a PS3 sale.

Kazzy

Which is just as well, because Platinum and PC? Good luck with that!

Though they should really do that, because if any games would benefit from the performance a PC would afford, it'd be those.

MikeMyers

You have Ultimate Marvel, or regular Marvel? I love playing UMVC but not as good at it as I am at Tekken.

Regular, and yeah I'm not good at it at all.

I haven't really read any of the manga yet but have heard different things about it such as Rei's father also making a bit of an appearance like he does in PGSM and it's not just Rei and her grandfather as in the anime.

I'd like to go through the manga sometime and then compare all three. I actually even watched one of the musicals the one time that had it's own original storyline, haha.

Yeah the manga is a lot different to the anime, PGSM is more like the manga but very different as well. I remember thinking the manga wasnt too great though.

BTW, did FFX2 really have SM transformations?

Nafe

Yes, it is the hardest difficulty and I just beat it a few minutes ago. If you're curious about the game, feel free to PM me!

For what game? I kinda tuned in and out.

-You beat it on the hardest difficulty already? Didn't the game just come out last week in the States?

-Not really any game in particular, I was just wondering if you saw any. It was the first time I had watched any of it and I was in and out myself as well. I didn't really watch a lot of Tekken or the Tekken X Street Fighter and switched over to the Smash Brothers stream to see what that was like as I hadn't really seen any tournament level play with those games.

Project M was interesting as I hadn't seen or really looked up anything about it and I haven't played Brawl yet but as much as people seem to complain that Smash Brothers Brawl isn't Melee, I think the Brawl matches were actually more exciting to watch. As far as that particular tournament anyway.

Yeah the manga is a lot different to the anime, PGSM is more like the manga but very different as well. I remember thinking the manga wasnt too great though.

BTW, did FFX2 really have SM transformations?

I never really played FFX-2 but I think there were outfit transformations that were maybe sort of Sailor Moon or magical girl like in their presentation as part of the games combat system.

Kazzy

I never really played FFX-2 but I think there were outfit transformations that were maybe sort of Sailor Moon or magical girl like in their presentation as part of the games combat system.

Kind of, it's essentially re-imagining of the traditional job-system, but with the prerequisite thematic change. You can go from samurai, all the way through to mascots.

The gameplay is solid, but I think most critics problems lie with the tonal shift.

I love everything.

So you should. Love is home town!

Top Bottom