• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Emitan

*sigh*

I've love to, but I've already finished it twice.

PQ3KhPx.jpg

"Did you hear that Kazzy doesn't like Emi anymore?"

There doesn't seem to be any K-ON! x Fire Emblem fan art out there. Maybe I should change that.
She is a beauty.
Yes. Cordelia is nice too.
Actually, I like most of the cast in this game. Which makes it hard to choose who to use! Though at this point I think Anna is my favorite. Though I just got Say'ri, so we'll see how that goes.
I have a feeling she is a rather popular character.
Yeah, she seems to be pretty popular. Probably helps that she's got a crush on the Avatar character, regardless of gender. That's probably one reason Emitan likes her so much. hehehe
To bring this all back to K-ON! Stephanie Sheh who voices Yui in the English dub also voices Tharja in the English dub of the game.
Makes me really wish I had started with a male avatar. Guess there's always another playthrough.
I was thinking about playing as a male character, but once I found out that I could make the female avatar look like this, there was no turning back. Named her Mio of course.
I'm finally off work for 5 days. Gonna enjoy the hell out of it!
I will unbox Ritsu and Mugi for some pictures in a little while probably. I have lots of free time right now :D
Can't wait to see them with your other figures!
Boo. Miss you guys. Sorry I've been pretty busy during the day. Haven't had a chance to do too much.
That better be when you get those episode impressions done!

cajunator

Banned
I watched the first episode a few weeks ago but haven't continued. Got distracted by a certain other show featuring another hnngg-worthy girl right behind her in your pic.

Elsie? Yes she is a cutie too!
TWGOK is so much fun! And then they made a second season!

Emitan

Yeah, she seems to be pretty popular. Probably helps that she's got a crush on the Avatar character, regardless of gender. That's probably one reason Emitan likes her so much. hehehe

Maaaaaaaaybe.

As a red head lover I am certainly not starved for choice in FEA but Tharja is the only girl that fell in love with me :(

cjkeats

So I take it you have already watched Popotan and Nurse witch Komugi?
(also he is one of my favorite character designers too!)

I started this "quest" when I discovered TWOGK on Crunchyroll around 4 days ago, so not yet. Nurse Witch Komugi has been on high priority even since you first mentioned it to me, but it's so hard to find. Rightstuf got it in stock, but my budget is pretty tight.

edit: The Anime Network got Popotan, so I'll watch that next.

cajunator

Banned
I started this "quest" when I discovered TWOGK on Crunchyroll around 4 days ago, so not yet. Nurse Witch Komugi has been on high priority even since you first mentioned it to me, but it's so hard to find. Rightstuf got it in stock, but my budget is pretty tight.

Popotan might be hard to find, as it was a Geneon title.
(oops I see you found a stream lol)

Popotan is adorable but a bit ecchi. It was adapted from a hentai game after all (speaking of lolis)

cajunator

Banned
Just the way I like em'!

The youngest girl Mii likes "puffy things"

Ai is VERY :Chet.
Mai is in the middle , sort of like Komugi and almost as cute.
Stylistically it is almost identical to NursE Witch Komugi and of course Halko Momoi voices one of the characters in it (and sings the opening theme)

To her left then.....
smartass
I try my best.
One of my life mottos has always been: "Better a smart ass than a dumbass"
Reminds me of a saying my dad taught me. "It's better to be pissed off than to be pissed on."
Maaaaaaaaybe.

As a red head lover I am certainly not starved for choice in FEA but Tharja is the only girl that fell in love with me :(

Exactly.
I made my Tharja a knight. lol

Hmm, yet another evening just sat playing eroge. I keep putting off watching the anime that's constantly piling up.

What have I become?!

MikeMyers

I clearly need a lot more work, but it was still a lot of fun. If nothing else I got a lot of money for custom parts.

Got to work out what all female team(s) I want to stick with.*.

Its okay, I'm not that great either. I'm glad we both use the same team though, really funny.

Well, I'm a big Sailor Moon fan but I much prefer the anime to the live action PGSM. It was okay but I probably wouldn't even say PGSM was one of my favorite's in general honestly. Kunzite is pretty awesome though.

The anime went downhill after Season 3 for me, but I guess that's an unfair comparison given PGSM is only 1 season anyway. I like the anime, but PGSM I like better due to its more focus on characters.

That's fine, was just asking to see if you might want to play anything. I'm a pretty social both online and offline, so I love my MP games. As you can see, I enjoy my SP games as well. =D So I guess it's safe to assume that neither of us have the same games?

Willingly? Yup.

I'll play Marvel again or TTT2 sometime, but that's only if I really don't have anything better to do. I practice in 3s or SFxT, but I never practice in the other two. I'm hooked on MGR at the moment, anyway!

lol, it's okay you have your favorite and I have mine. I will try to get those soon. I'm gonna see if I can get that Ryu special edition for cheap, it's around 70 bucks now and still dropping!

Do you have SFIVAE? I'd play that with you. You have PSPlus don't you? Also Soul Calibur V! I don't practice in that, we could play that sometime.

Its okay, I'm not that great either. I'm glad we both use the same team though, really funny.

The anime went downhill after Season 3 for me, but I guess that's an unfair comparison given PGSM is only 1 season anyway. I like the anime, but PGSM I like better due to its more focus on characters.

Agreed on PGSM! <3 I love it. Care for more matches tonight?

Hmm, yet another evening just sat playing eroge. I keep putting off watching the anime that's constantly piling up.

What have I become?!
A pervert.
I switched her back to one near the end!
Poor Tharja's boobs...
i have never played a fire emblem before. the gameplay looks a bit complicated for me.
Considering my only experience prior to it was renting the Game Cube game once, I don't think you would have much trouble getting into it.
And it's not complicated, it just punishes you severely for fucking up.

A pervert.

Poor Tharja's boobs...

Considering my only experience prior to it was renting the Game Cube game once, I don't think you would have much trouble getting into it.
And it's not complicated, it just punishes you severely for fucking up.

Was that one Radiant Dawn, with Ike? I like Ike. He fights for his friends.

This Tharja is quite lovely. <3

Madao

since i have ambssador 3DS, i could try the Fire Emblem there to check out the series. it is the only ambasasador game i haven't played yet.

Nafe

I haven't watched anymore, but I haven't really been watching any anime recently. I guess I'm just in a anime funk.

Or maybe I'm actually playing more video games. Hohoho

I see. These last two year's have actually been the most I've ever watched anime and I've been watching a little bit for years. I haven't really been playing many games though. I've only played through Metroid Other M from Christmas twice so far as far as gaming this year. I played quite a bit in 2010 though, such as going back and playing different games I hadn't tried out yet for the PS2 for example. I only really watched six or eight anime shows for that year.

Greeting Nafe!
Have you seen the original Futari Wa Precure. It is pretty good.

Yes, somewhat. The very first Pretty Cure was the first PreCure show I watched a part of. I believe I got to about half way through the show.

I see, thanks.
Either Nintendo made a very limited English print run of the game or it seems to be selling well judging from the little bit I've read about it.

Since it has been answered. Have some artwork.

tumblr_mdoy9kwWOZ1qjskuzo1_500.jpg

Thank you as well. She does seem to have a nice design and this piece is also nicely drawn.

I'm pretty lame when it comes to gaming. I hardly have anything online really. Seem to prefer offline single player games or offline multiplayer party games with my roommates. I guess I'm kind of old fashioned

*old man yells at clouds

I mostly play single player and offline games myself as well. I also prefer more local coop games as compared to playing competitively.

I agree with others about missing local split-screen and would like to see that return. Earlier in the days of the N64 for example a friend couldn't afford the console to start with but bought a controller so they could join into multiplayer games. It was also nice that I might have a game and someone else might have another game and we could just pool them together and as long as everyone had a controller we could all play.

Nowadays everyone needs their own copy of a game, their own console, their own TV or monitor and an internet connection and game profile etc. Then you also run into the problem that was just mentioned here amongst posters where someone might have the game but for a different console. The fact that just a few months after many games come out people just move on to the next release or go back to the really popular one's like Call of Duty or Street Fighter doesn't really help either.

All these things and more just kind of turn me off of multiplayer gaming. As much as it's closed the gap between allowing people from far away to play together, such as different NeoGaf members, it feels like it's pushing those closer together farther apart.

Does anyone own Peace Walker on PS3?

I do not but I'd like to try it along with Metal Gear Solid 4. Even if the story is silly I still want to play it.

This is a much nicer picture than the first one you posted, haha.

Yeah, I like Sailor Moon S the best and SuperS is a step down. I liked Stars though. The anime also has the benefit of being able to exploit all those amusing reaction faces and poses as well.

PGSM's first few episodes followed along with the anime's storyline fairly closely but then it deviates and does it's own thing so it was interesting to compare and contrast the two shows on a variety of things such as the story and characters.

cajunator

Banned
Yes, somewhat. The very first Pretty Cure was the first PreCure show I watched a part of. I believe I got to about half way through the show.

I mostly play single player and offline games myself as well. I also prefer more local coop games as compared to playing competitively.

I agree with others about missing local split-screen and would like to see that return. Earlier in the days of the N64 for example a friend couldn't afford the console to start with but bought a controller so they could join into multiplayer games. It was also nice that I might have a game and someone else might have another game and we could just pool them together and as long as everyone had a controller we could all play.

Nowadays everyone needs their own copy of a game, their own console, their own TV or monitor and an internet connection and game profile etc. Then you also run into the problem that was just mentioned here amongst posters where someone might have the game but for a different console. The fact that just a few months after many games come out people just move on to the next release or go back to the really popular one's like Call of Duty or Street Fighter doesn't really help either.

All these things and more just kind of turn me off of multiplayer gaming. As much as it's closed the gap between allowing people from far away to play together, such as different NeoGaf members, it feels like it's pushing those closer together farther apart.

Regarding Futari Wa Precure, what was it that made you stop watching? the
reset
?

Also I agree with you thats whjat turns me off multiplayer gaming. Its way too "here today, gone tomorrow". By the time I get good at something, people have moved on so there is little incentive to play any game long enough to get good at it for online competition.

Uraizen

Banned
Revengeance mode is killing me, literally! Parry or be killed, that's all there is to it in that mode.
Well, okay, there's more to it, but that's how I'll explain it.

Finished my work for the week! Hit me up whenever you want to play, Caj.

MikeMyers

Yeah, I like Sailor Moon S the best and SuperS is a step down. I liked Stars though. The anime also has the benefit of being able to exploit all those amusing reaction faces and poses as well.

PGSM's first few episodes followed along with the anime's storyline fairly closely but then it deviates and does it's own thing so it was interesting to compare and contrast the two shows on a variety of things such as the story and characters.

Stars was OKAY, I do agree the facial reactions were really funny.

PGSM actually takes a lot from the manga, for example the Shitennou being Mamoru;s guardians was actually in the manga, PGSM just expanded on it.

I see. These last two year's have actually been the most I've ever watched anime and I've been watching a little bit for years. I haven't really been playing many games though. I've only played through Metroid Other M from Christmas twice so far as far as gaming this year. I played quite a bit in 2010 though, such as going back and playing different games I hadn't tried out yet for the PS2 for example. I only really watched six or eight anime shows for that year.
Well, it's basically just Fire Emblem Awakening that I've been wasting my time on. lol It's a huge time sink, but a lot of fun. I'll probably get back to watching Hyouka and the other shows I was watching when I finish it.

I see, thanks.
Either Nintendo made a very limited English print run of the game or it seems to be selling well judging from the little bit I've read about it.
From what I can tell, it's a little of both. Though seeing how you can buy it digitally, I doubt the price of the boxed game will ever get to high in the future like some other games would.
Thank you as well. She does seem to have a nice design and this piece is also nicely drawn.
The characters are so great looking and I really love the art. It's actually what drew me into getting the game in the first place.
This is a much nicer picture than the first one you posted, haha.
So I did miss something...

Top Bottom