• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Uraizen

Banned
'Twas a good night.

Caj, you are free to hit me up for whatever reason, even if you're just bored or want to show off. You could also just hit me up with another game night if you want! Doesn't necessarily have to be AH3. Anyway, Ciao for tonight, K-On GAF and GGs to all!

*hugs everybody*

cajunator

Banned
'Twas a good night.

Caj, you are free to hit me up for whatever reason, even if you're just bored or want to show off. You could also just hit me up with another game night if you want! Doesn't necessarily have to be AH3. Anyway, Ciao for tonight, K-On GAF and GGs to all!

*hugs everybody*

Im glad you had a good time today. Will talk with you later :D
*hugs back

Gaf has some groovy people on it.

Kazzy

tharja96opn.png
or
saori8pk9r.png

What is this...betrayal?

Kazzy

Now that I'm looking at it, the top of Saori's head is being cut off and it bugs me.

I've had this discussion with Emitan before; I think about these things way too much!
This is also why I spent longer than I should have, trying to find the best Saori image.

Im glad you had a good time today. Will talk with you later :D
*hugs back

Gaf has some groovy people on it.

*hugs everyone*

Indeed! Had a lot of fun last night. You are some pretty awesome peoples ;).

Woah, Saori of course! I guess I'm biased because I don't use Tharja in FE:A.

You're doing it wrong :p.

Tharja is staying and that's that.

THIS!

Haha, I just got back from tons of group classwork. Sorry guys. My PSN is AINO_HAATO. I made it for SF4 when AH3 came out :D. I don't use it much though because I'm usually on the computer or playing my 3DS. <3 Etrian Odyssey 4.

I'll add you when I next get the chance tonight ;).

Nafe

Yeah I played against Hito before. He completely wiped the floor with my moeblob :(

Is there any particular character or characters you usually play as? How about Hitokage, do you remember who he used? You don't have to know names, descriptors might be enough and I could look them up.

Melee was my favorite game of all time until Fire Emblem: Awakening!

It's that good huh? Everyone who's played it seems to be really enjoying it from the comments I've seen so far. Maybe this is one of those games I purchase now before it get's too hard to find and then I don't have to worry about it later whenever I eventually get a 3DS.

Yeah, I've seen that it's cheaper now, I just haven't bought it yet,haha.
Thanks though.

Haha, sometimes the related products listed are pretty strange from the different screen shots like this that I've seen people post.

Eh, it's okay, but I'm not going to watch people play it. I have nothing against the game, I'm just not interested in it after trying Melee and Brawl.

I have and that game is godlike. The only problem with it is the awful netcode. If it weren't for that, it would be perfection on a disc.

Yeah, I didn't phrase it that way but I was thinking more whether you didn't like it in general or were maybe just disinterested in watching others play. I don't know how much more I'll watch but I certainly found them fun.

I've been wanting to try King of Fighters XIII so that sounds good aside from the netcode. The game's just really laggy then or what?

I've also really wanted to get into Blazblue, it looks really good. It's too bad that the different tournaments I've seen like Evo don't seem to ever really pick it up. :(
Do you know any past tournaments on YouTube or one of those weekly stream shows that maybe have matches?

Never heard of the RPG. The Saturn Fighter is bad (although its notable for giving Sailor Saturn a transformation scene) but the Genesis Beat Em Up is fun.

I looked at the English Wikipedia page and it turns out the RPG was for the Super Famicom so that could be part of why you hadn't heard of it. Apparently it's called Sailor Moon: Another Story. The box art looks okay with all the different characters.

Sailor_Moon_Another_Story_Cover.PNG

cajunator

Banned
Is there any particular character or characters you usually play as? How about Hitokage, do you remember who he used? You don't have to know names, descriptors might be enough and I could look them up.

It's that good huh? Everyone who's played it seems to be really enjoying it from the comments I've seen so far. Maybe this is one of those games I purchase now before it get's too hard to find and then I don't have to worry about it later whenever I eventually get a 3DS.

Yeah, I've seen that it's cheaper now, I just haven't bought it yet,haha.
Thanks though.

Haha, sometimes the related products listed are pretty strange from the different screen shots like this that I've seen people post.

Yeah, I didn't phrase it that way but I was thinking more whether you didn't like it in general or were maybe just disinterested in watching others play. I don't know how much more I'll watch but I certainly found them fun.

I've been wanting to try King of Fighters XIII so that sounds good aside from the netcode. The game's just really laggy then or what?

I've also really wanted to get into Blazblue, it looks really good. It's too bad that the different tournaments I've seen like Evo don't seem to ever really pick it up. :(
Do you know any past tournaments on YouTube or one of those weekly stream shows that maybe have matches?

I looked at the English Wikipedia page and it turns out the RPG was for the Super Famicom so that could be part of why you hadn't heard of it. Apparently it's called Sailor Moon: Another Story. The box art looks okay with all the different characters.

Sailor_Moon_Another_Story_Cover.PNG

I like to play as the angel girl, the dog ninja, the foxgirl on the wolf, the catgirl in a blob, Lilica, and Heart Aino. I dont remember what Hito kicked my ass as but it probably doesnt matter. I think Ryuukan played too and destroyed me as well.

I like to play as the angel girl, the dog ninja, the foxgirl on the wolf, the catgirl in a blob, Lilica, and Heart Aino. I dont remember what Hito kicked my ass as but it probably doesnt matter. I think Ryuukan played too and destroyed me as well.

I found Weiss to be quite fun to play as. But watching the game is just as fun especially with the side animations.

Yeah, it's really good. And I suppose it would all depend on when you plan on getting a 3DS.

Speaking of Fire Emblem
and the fact that this is the K-ON! thread
, I sketched something up this morning.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Yeah, it's really good. And I suppose it would all depend on when you plan on getting a 3DS.

Speaking of Fire Emblem

Why r u not in charge of Nintendo's DLC dept? I'd buy that DLC! :D

She can master my sword any day. ;P

MikeMyers

REMEMBER PEOPLE

Today's Date: March 1st
MikeMyers BDay: March 2nd
Mike Myers favourite character: Yui

I shall return to this thread tomorrow...

@Nafe: Do you think with the new anime, they will make new SM games?

Emitan

Speaking of Fire Emblem

I'd reach S level support with her if you know what I mean.

Why r u not in charge of Nintendo's DLC dept? I'd buy that DLC! :D

She can master my sword any day. ;P
I'll take that as a compliment.
Fantastic work as always Chet.
Thank you!
REMEMBER PEOPLE

I think I can remember that.
I'd reach S level support with her if you know what I mean.
I believe so.

Thank you!

cjkeats

What classes would we pin the other girls on?

Azunayn could be a Mage/dark Mage.
Mugi would be a barbarian
I dunno about Ritsu or Yui.

Nafe

Okay, I'll have to look these up later.

I found Weiss to be quite fun to play as. But watching the game is just as fun especially with the side animations.

Weiss looked pretty good when I saw the game for the very first time. I'd probably wind up trying to play as her first just because of that whenever I finally play the game.

Speaking of Fire Emblem

Yeah, I saw you talking to OceanBlue comparing K-On and Tamako Market. Just what do you think you're doing having an actual conversation and not just making silly favorites lists?

Haha, I looked at the Persona community thread when it was first put up and people were making favorites lists to get the conversation going and then I looked back a few days later when the thread was on page thirty-something and people were again making lists or talking about favorites. I decided to look at the thread again just a couple days ago and the whole last page was again just favorites lists and comparisons. I thought the anime thread could be bad for that, haha.

REMEMBER PEOPLE

@Nafe: Do you think with the new anime, they will make new SM games?

Okay, I remember you mentioning that before when the topic was about birthday's.

I'm wondering what they will do as far as merchandising myself. In 2003, with the tenth anniversary of the show, the live action PGSM came out and the manga was re-released with some slight alterations. This will be around the twentieth anniversary which I'm thinking is maybe part of the reason for the new show. The original anime still hasn't even been released on Bluray yet in Japan, it's still DVD so I'm wondering if they have any plans to re-release it on Bluray.

K-ON! x Valkyria Chronciles.

SEGA have the world at their feet.

If it ever made it out of Japan...

Kazzy

Haha, I looked at the Persona community thread when it was first put up and people were making favorites lists to get the conversation going and then I looked back a few days later when the thread was on page thirty-something and people were again making lists or talking about favorites. I decided to look at the thread again just a couple days ago and the whole last page was again just favorites lists and comparisons. I thought the anime thread could be bad for that, haha.

A Persona based community should be amongst my favourite places on the forum. Sadly, that is far from reality.

Which reminds me, I should probably look into the English patch for VC3. I'm pretty sure it had been completed a while back.

cjkeats

A Persona based community should be amongst my favourite places on the forum. Sadly, this is far from the case.
I want to like it over there, but for a bunch of Persona "fans", they sure hate it. Back when golden came out, this was the best Persona thread on GAF, lol.

We really need to rescue Jello and bring him over here to greener pastures.

Uraizen

Banned

There's a massive delay on any button you push online, even under the best conditions.

I don't have any tournament footage, but I do have footage!

http://www.youtube.com/user/pktazn
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jourdal2012

Those two channels have hours of BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma.

Speaking of Fire Emblem

Awesome work as always, Chetto!

I've been trying to bring him here! I even invited him to the IRC! You'll probably have more luck getting him here than I have.

U47VfUy.gif

What classes would we pin the other girls on?

Azunayn could be a Mage/dark Mage.
Mugi would be a barbarian
I dunno about Ritsu or Yui.
I was thinking of them more along the lines of dressed like a certain character. Mio being Say'ri.
Though I suppose that sort of way would probably be better suited. The only other one I've thought of is that Jun would be Anna/Trickster.
Boo Sega. And they could have cashed in by releasing something to go with the movie, but I guess they really don't like money.
They kinda did with the PS3 port of the old PSP game...
K-ON! x Valkyria Chronciles.

SEGA have the world at their feet.
Too bad Sega is dead.
Yeah, I saw you talking to OceanBlue comparing K-On and Tamako Market. Just what do you think you're doing having an actual conversation and not just making silly favorites lists?

Oh, talks like that are my favorite thing to do, I just never have very good ideas to start discussions on my own.
Just look at most of my posts in this thread, they're all mostly responses to other people's posts, like this one. I guess that's just how I am...
That's also why I want to know what TheBatman thought of episode 9!

I'm wondering what they will do as far as merchandising myself. In 2003, with the tenth anniversary of the show, the live action PGSM came out and the manga was re-released with some slight alterations. This will be around the twentieth anniversary which I'm thinking is maybe part of the reason for the new show. The original anime still hasn't even been released on Bluray yet in Japan, it's still DVD so I'm wondering if they have any plans to re-release it on Bluray.
So do we know anything about this new series besides that it's coming? Will it be a new series or a remake of the beginning?

W96aHPz.gif

He needs to watch K-ON! first.

Uraizen

Banned
Oh, talks like that are my favorite thing to do, I just never have very good ideas to start discussions on my own.
Just look at most of my posts in this thread, they're all mostly responses to other people's posts, like this one. I guess that's just how I am...

It helps if you love the thread and the people in it. You know they all respect your opinion and want to hear it.
Except when it comes to One Piece, MGR, and BlazBlue.

It helps if you love the thread and the people in it. You know they all respect your opinion and want to hear it.
Except when it comes to One Piece, MGR, and BlazBlue.

I have before, but they weren't very thought provoking. That or the people that would have liked to talk about it weren't there to see it at the time.
Well it's the K-ON! thread, not the OP, MGR thread. Since when have I hated on BlazBlue?!?
That doesn't count :p. Though that is Sega being Sega.

But it did come out around the same time as the movie did for home release...

Nafe

A Persona based community should be amongst my favourite places on the forum. Sadly, that is far from reality.

It was actually NeoGaf which got me into Persona and MegaTen in general. I had seen bits of Persona 3 and Devil Summoner and such so I was aware of the general series but I didn't pay it much attention.

I actually started visiting NeoGaf more around the new year of 2010 and saw the official Persona 4 thread and there were "What are your favorite PS2 games?" and RPGs type threads listing Persona 4 as being so great. I found out Persona 3 had been released just about a year or so before and decided to give it a look. Some general comments about time limits and such actually made me think maybe I wouldn't like it and I was a bit turned off. I happened to see a new copy of Persona 3 FES and decided to buy it anyway.(The robot girl on the case looking pretty cool kind of helped too.)

At first reading the case and playing the game it seemed really campy and silly. The idea of simulating shooting yourself in the head to summon a monster also seemed really weird. Playing through it though and I wound up loving the game and it's one of my favorites ever. I wanted to then pick up Persona 4 as soon as I was finished. The time limit turned out to not really be that bothersome but the AI certainly could be at times. I kind of want to try the PSP version that avoids that and has the female protagonist and everything. I still like the male one though, I'm not sure why he get's so much hate. :(

Which reminds me, I should probably look into the English patch for VC3. I'm pretty sure it had been completed a while back.

I don't think they're done yet by the looks of this page which I think is the correct one.

http://vc3translationproject.wordpress.com/

I've never done it before so I actually don't even know how this type of thing works. Do you have to mod your PSP or is it some file you download onto a memory card or something?

There's a massive delay on any button you push online, even under the best conditions.

I don't have any tournament footage, but I do have footage!

http://www.youtube.com/user/pktazn
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jourdal2012

Those two channels have hours of BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma.

Well that sounds really too bad. :(

Thank you very much for the links! I'll have to give them a look later. Blazblue has pretty good netcode doesn't it? I thought it was Blazblue that was known for having pretty good netcode anyway...

Yeah, I'll respond to others comments or impressions about the show as well sometimes but usually I can't really think of something to get a topic going to start with.

So do we know anything about this new series besides that it's coming? Will it be a new series or a remake of the beginning?

I don't think anybody knows anything about it still. I'm not really sure when information will start coming out. I think it's supposed to start in the summer season so sometime in the next couple months you'd think unless they want to keep a lot of it as a big surprise or something.

Awesome work as always, Chetto!
So you're gonna start calling me that now too...?
Thanks though.
It was actually NeoGaf which got me into Persona and MegaTen in general. I had seen bits of Persona 3 and Devil Summoner and such so I was aware of the general series but I didn't pay it much attention.
I never even heard of Persona before I joined GAF.
Yeah, I'll respond to others comments or impressions about the show as well sometimes but usually I can't really think of something to get a topic going to start with.
I suppose in that way it reflects how I act outside of the internet as well.
I don't think anybody knows anything about it still. I'm not really sure when information will start coming out. I think it's supposed to start in the summer season so sometime in the next couple months you'd think unless they want to keep a lot of it as a big surprise or something.
Well they can't leave to much to surprise, or no one will end up watching it. lol
I'm interested in it either way.
I guess I should clarify...when I say something I mean an actual sequel and not a lazy port.
I know. It's really too bad Sega is dead.

Uraizen

Banned
I have before, but they weren't very thought provoking. That or the people that would have liked to talk about it weren't there to see it at the time.
Well it's the K-ON! thread, not the OP, MGR thread. Since when have I hated on BlazBlue?!?

I meant more in the IRC, LOL! Hmm... I dunno, it just seems like you would to get me going. You must just hate Hazama, then.

Well that sounds really too bad. :(

Thank you very much for the links! I'll have to give them a look later. Blazblue has pretty good netcode doesn't it? I thought it was Blazblue that was known for having pretty good netcode anyway...

Yup! BlazBlue is both a great game and has great netcode! Perfect package for a fighter.

So you're gonna start calling me that now too...?
Thanks though.

Start? A nickname is a term of endearment, so I called you by a nickname. It would be the same as me calling cajunator by cajun-kun, nafe by nafey-kins, or grav by ... gwabbijah.
I ran out of ideas after caj.

I guess I should clarify...when I say something I mean an actual sequel and not a lazy port.

They seem to be in the business of just releasing old games to new systems now. I mean, they didn't even include the music from the movie. They could have put that in as "bonus content" or something.

I meant more in the IRC, LOL! Hmm... I dunno, it just seems like you would to get me going. You must just hate Hazama, then.
You probably played as Johnny in Guilty Gear a lot as well.
Start? A nickname is a term of endearment, so I called you by a nickname. It would be the same as me calling cajunator by cajun-kun, nafe by nafey-kins, or grav by ... gwabbijah.
I ran out of ideas after caj.
I think Chet is fine. It's technically a nickname already...
They seem to be in the business of just releasing old games to new systems now. I mean, they didn't even include the music from the movie. They could have put that in as "bonus content" or something.
That would require them to spend more money.
But who knows, maybe their license contract only covered content from the first season or something. Then again, their name did come up during the sponsors spots in the second season...

Uraizen

Banned
You probably played as Johnny in Guilty Gear a lot as well.

I didn't play GG much, but I did mess around with Chipp for a while.

I think Chet is fine. It's technically a nickname already...

You really don't like it, uh? Alright, I'll just call you Chet.

That would require them to spend more money.
But who knows, maybe their license contract only covered content from the first season or something. Then again, their name did come up during the sponsors spots in the second season...

Cheapest way to squeeze more money out of k-on fans. =\

If you prefer Chet I will use that.
You will refer to me from now on as Rippo-sama, and will bow before each of your posts directed at me.
Don't actually do that...
I didn't play GG much, but I did mess around with Chipp for a while.
And that, is why you fail...
Cheapest way to squeeze more money out of k-on fans. =\
Considering the state* that Sega is in, it's probably all they can afford.

Top Bottom