• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

dluu13

It kinda sucks when you look at screenshots of some shows, and it looks amazing, then you go and actually watch it, the animation is terrible.

Do anyone like the English dub for K-On! ?

I do. Cristina Vee as Mio was beasty.

I like it, but it always struck me odd that they still sung in Japanese. Which is really weird when you think about how they have the English versions of the songs on the DVD as extras.
But Yōko Hikasa is amazing, so the Japanese sound reel is my go to.

dluu13

I just remembered, I'm not too fond of they way English dubs pronounce Japanese names.

Other than the constant honorifics use, is it worth watching in English?

I don't know what it is about this song, but I like it.
I just remembered, I'm not too fond of they way English dubs pronounce Japanese names.

Other than the constant honorifics use, is it worth watching in English?

For the most part it's pretty much a literal translation. The only bit of localization I can think of is changing some jokes slightly to have them make sense in english and changing yen to dollars because they assume weeaboos are stupid or something. I wouldn't really consider them necessary to watch the dub, but if you want to re-watch the first season, I wouldn't steer you away from them either.

Vfh9x.gif

Top Bottom