• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

0iMat.gif

Xci7O.gif

Kazzy

Okay, I think I'm going to watch K-on! I just see enough of it around the forums, and the animation looks appealing enough, that I feel I need to watch it. I justify it as a "getting to know your enemy" sort of thing, but who am I kidding, I'll probably like it!

Good work people, I guess you got me!

It is my favourite TV show of all time, really. It's not an easy opinion to defend, and I'm not into the fandom as much as some people here (not that I object to it), but I found that the first season in particular resonated with me on an emotional level I hadn't experienced in media - something that anime is very wont to do, and a reason I enjoy it immensely.

For all animes exaggerations and foibles, there's often a study and reflection on human interaction and behaviour that's very rarely seen in Western media, and a huge part of its appeal to me. K-On is the best example of this.

Kazzy

Even if I don't end up liking it, I like to be a little better informed about most of the popular franchises. I mean, I did the same with Haruhi, and it like you mentioned, you can be surprised with what manages to resonate.

If worst, at least I will be a hater with a better awareness of the source material!

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Even if I don't end up liking it, I like to be a little better informed about most of the popular franchises. I mean, I did the same with Haruhi, and it like you mentioned, you can be surprised with what manages to resonate.

If worst, at least I will be a hater with a better awareness of the source material!

There really isn't much to dislike in K-on unless you have an innate hatred for cute girls doing fun things, and the workmanship Kyoani put in can be appreciated by anyone.

Kazzy

There really isn't much to dislike in K-on unless you have an innate hatred for cute girls doing fun things, and the workmanship Kyoani put in can be appreciated by anyone.

That is pretty much the impression I got; I was just speaking more to the vocal detractors it seems to get, which is especially surprising on a place like GAF!

Esura

Banned
Despite my Yui-fandom, I love me some Haruhi. Biribiri beating out Mio is awesome. Biribiri is awesome! So not upset by result.

Anyways, I finally finished K-On!! Season Two. Episode 20-24 made my eyes water multiple times. This season also changed my outlook on certain characters now. While I still like Yui a lot, Mugi was a much more interesting character this time around and her antics made me smile quite a bit. Same with Azu-nyan, a character I didn't care for much in the first season but she really came into her own too. Ritsu solid as well. Mio is...still Mio. She bores me.

Sawako is badass though. She went hard on that one episode.

Overall, I'd say Season 2 is a solid season. I cannot say its a better season on a whole than the first one though.

My favorite HTT girls as of Season 2 are....

1. Yui
2. Mugi
3. Azu-nyan
3. Ritsu
4. Sawako
5. ....

Despite my Yui-fandom, I love me some Haruhi. Biribiri beating out Mio is awesome. Biribiri is awesome! So not upset by result.

Anyways, I finally finished K-On!! Season Two. Episode 20-24 made my eyes water multiple times. This season also changed my outlook on certain characters now. While I still like Yui a lot, Mugi was a much more interesting character this time around and her antics made me smile quite a bit. Same with Azu-nyan, a character I didn't care for much in the first season but she really came into her own too. Ritsu solid as well. Mio is...still Mio. She bores me.

Sawako is badass though. She went hard on that one episode.

Overall, I'd say Season 2 is a solid season. I cannot say its a better season on a whole than the first one though.

My favorite HTT girls as of Season 2 are....

1. Yui
2. Mugi
3. Azu-nyan
3. Ritsu
4. Sawako
5. ....
...Mio?
WHO'S YOUR MOÉ QUEEN NOW

WE DID IT GUYS WE DID IT
Doesn't really matter to me, but I guess I was wrong...

Esura

Banned

I....I just can't really get into Mio. She is cute and all but she is too shy, too much of a scardy cat, and she really isn't interesting unless she is with Ritsu. Mio is quite literally the weakest link of the group to me. Now if Mio was more like Mugi or Yui I would like her more.

The best parts I like about Mio are parts that aren't even IN the episode. All her ending animations are awesome and it is kind of bullshit she is front and center instead of Yui in the endings.

I thought I would of liked her more in the dub since she was voiced by Cristina Vee but she still isn't that interesting.

Esura

Banned
But I'm still angry Mio lost to some no name loser. Gotta watch some K-ON!! now to make me feel better.
...did you just call Biribiri some no name loser? Whaaat!?

She shoots lightning from her hands. She is a beast. Top Esper. Own stuff. Not a scardy cat like Mio.

Mio is like Azusa but less annoying and with boobs.

Mio getting scared of every thing that shakes or shivers got tiresome.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm basing it off of how she's no Mio. Don't even know who she is.
It wouldn't surprise me if Index/Railgun's popularity in the West is bigger than K-ON!'s. Aka HA HA
I have no problem with Taiga winning.

http://uppix.net/3/a/1/b4daedd16bde65f0826bca70cc010.png

Also Railgun>Index.
She beat a K-ON! false prophet for the championship title of 2009 Saimoe. Can she repeat the feat again?

edit: She beat Azunyan in the early stages back then too! Clearly there's a trend.

Esura

Banned
The school play arc shows her getting better with her anxiety.
And that's where I can relate to her. I get nervous in front of people.

I can relate to a certain degree as well as I have those same issues which I had no choice but to overcome a bit if I wanted to work but it is just not as entertaining as Yui's and the other's antics when watching it on an anime.

At least Mio is cute...but still. Mugi honestly surprised me in Season 2 though. She was background noise on the other season but she was a trip in this. I love the little pickle brow now. :p

At least Mio is cute...but still. Mugi honestly surprised me in Season 2 though. She was background noise on the other season but she was a trip in this. I love the little pickle brow now. :p

Well, that's because they really didn't give Mugi a chance to do anything in the first season. She finally got her own episode in season 2.

Emitan

Heck I have to write a script for making phone calls at work. It all breaks down if I ever get an answering machine. It's terrible.

Yes!

One time they had me doing nothing but calling people for a month. None of them understood how fucking terrifying it is. I have a phone phobia.

Esura

Banned
Well, that's because they really didn't give Mugi a chance to do anything in the first season. She finally got her own episode in season 2.

My one wish...is to get slapped in the face!

My hear just starts really pounding whenever people are watching me. Maybe I should do like Mio did before their last performance.

I suck at doing anything in front of a large group of people. Nervous as hell and I start stuttering like that turban dude in Harry Potter. Its the same with being on a phone too.

Oddly, I'm cool with carrying a conversation with 1 or 4 more people though face to face.

dluu13

Yes!

One time they had me doing nothing but calling people for a month. None of them understood how fucking terrifying it is. I have a phone phobia.

Well my primary job is design, so I only call occasionally, but it's still pretty bad. On the other hand, I can do musical performance without freaking out.

And yeah, Mio is best when she interacts with Ritsu.

Top Bottom