• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Articalys

Speaking of K-on CVs, the 2 main characters in Manyuu Hikenchou are voiced by the same people as Mugi and Yui.
Mugi = Chifusa Yui = Kaede
Something I found interesting anyways.
Not that it's connected to Manyuu, but Aki Toyosaki and Minako Kotobuki are both part of the idol unit Sphere. Minako also voiced a minor character in the To Aru series, so:

WcXoT.png

I wonder if anyone has tried to gif an entire episode and how big that file would be.
And how shitty it would look with only 256 colors through out the whole show.

Esura

Banned
You know...after watching those specials...I retract my hate I spewed towards Mio. She is ight.

Btw...Yui's singing > Mio singing. Don't Say Lazy is dope but...Cagyake Girls is awesome. Also, those songs Yui sing on the Houkago Live PSP game are dope too. Happy!? Sorry! is dope.

dluu13

That goes hard too!

Oh, here is Happy!? Sorry!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHXtmqjS5Ro

Wow that has a really different sound to it haha. It's the reverb. I can't really place my finger on it, but that's awesome. It just doesn't sound very k-on to me.

The main reason I like go go maniac is because of the accents and the closeness in the play between vocals and instrumentals. It makes you hold your breath, if that makes sense.

Esura

Banned
Wow that has a really different sound to it haha. It's the reverb. I can't really place my finger on it, but that's awesome. It just doesn't sound very k-on to me.

The main reason I like go go maniac is because of the accents and the closeness in the play between vocals and instrumentals. It makes you hold your breath, if that makes sense.

I get you, I think. I can't really describe why I like a song beyond "that sounds awesome/cool/dope/lame/ass" personally. The intricacies of music eludes me. :p

But I like it too for probably the same reasons. lol

EDIT:
And this is why I like Sawa-chan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b1iG4dBzpU&feature=related

They should do a K-On! Zero with Sawa and her friends in high school. Prolly make the series a bit more raw though lol.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
They both voice Yui. I'm saying English > Japanese as far as Yui is concerned. Also loved raspy voiced Yui during their first performance at the festival.

What ?!

I checked english dub of Yui and it's bad! Almost bad anime/game level bad, but then i again i don't like how english sounds anyway.

Esura

Banned
They both voice Yui. I'm saying English > Japanese as far as Yui is concerned. Also loved raspy voiced Yui during their first performance at the festival.
Oh, ok. I like English Yui too. I just didn't pay attention to any of the VAs beyond the one for Mio because I'm a Cristina Vee fan.

I don't judge any Japanese voice actors because I don't understand the language.

What ?!

I checked english dub of Yui and it's bad! Almost bad anime/game level bad, but then i again i don't like how english sounds anyway.

English dub is awesome.

dluu13

I get you, I think. I can't really describe why I like a song beyond "that sounds awesome/cool/dope/lame/ass" personally. The intricacies of music eludes me. :p

But I like it too for probably the same reasons. lol

EDIT:
And this is why I like Sawa-chan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b1iG4dBzpU&feature=related

They should do a K-On! Zero with Sawa and her friends in high school. Prolly make the series a bit more raw though lol.

Ok I think I've placed it. I can imagine Triple-H (not the wrestler) doing it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jUgDe9lSvo

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
English dub SUX

I agree!

English dub is awesome.

I disagree!

Putting the fact that i don't like english aside, i'm used to how Yui sounds when she talks, so it's even more weird listening to her with another voice.

I don't care for either voice. It's a knock against Yui's singing.

But Yui singing is awesome though! I know it's weird, but i prefer her to Mio actually.

Esura

Banned
I agree!

I disagree!

Putting the fact that i don't like english aside, i'm used to how Yui sounds when she talks, so it's even more weird listening to her with another voice.
If it wasn't for the songs, I would of been used to the English voice of Yui moreso actually since I watched the first season in English dub.
Go watch Mawaru Penguindrum

Is it about Penguins?

I just can't get enough of Yoko's sining.
She ain't bad, awesome actually, but I just like the cutesy upbeat vibe of the ones done by Yui with the overly cutesy voice that makes me want to go dawww after every song.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
What language do you like?

French! The language i actually use daily, so that's maybe why i like it. I don't like english for some reason, i never learned english back in school either so that probably didn't help. But don't worry, english is not the only one i hate, i also happen to hate german! Even more when i have to speak instead of just read/write, which happens a lot at work :(

Second best i like is portuguese. It flows nicely and has a nice tone to it. Also my parent's and family language.

On that note, i can't wait for the movie, i didn't read anything about it. I hope we get to see the girls try to speak in bad engrish!

Top Bottom