• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

That's fine because I'm taking Ritsu.

image.php

Madao

this calls for a martial arts tournament. winner is the only one allowed to take Ritsu

*puts on weights, turtle shell, ninja band and water bottles*

Esura

Banned
I just want Yui as mah waifu to myself. Ui is automatically apart of this package deal too.

Yui is just so awesome. Cute girl, an airhead, plays a guitar, is funny, a voice that makes you melt, just the awesome package! Ui is awesome by default just for being Yui's sister and taking care of such an ungodly awesome person.

Also....U&I...the most cutest song I've heard in the series since the last song they sing to Azu-nyan in Season 2.

The concert sequences are pretty good. It's like God Knows in Haruhi.
Fuwa Fuwa Time > God Knows

Yes I went there.

Esura

Banned
Wow, I guess it is time to watch this Toradoratheexplorer anime to see why this chick is as loved as the overhyped loved Mio.

Well, the only good thing of this outcome for me is that Index won. Such a cute little mugger right there.

frequency

I watched up to episode 9 today. Yesterday I was only on episode 3. K-on has completely grabbed me. I really like the characters and it's very surprising it can be so engaging even though they're mostly just sitting around. I really appreciate when they say something about an instrument or technique. It's usually just one line, but it always makes me smile.

I saw 2 new songs tonight. They were both fun, but I think the ending song is still the best. The lyrics in the new songs are funny and sound like they would be in a pop song. It's funny that Mio wrote them! I can't wait to hear more songs. They are legitimately good and something I would listen to in my rotation.

I feel I know the main four characters now, but a new one was introduced. I'm not sure how I feel about her yet. I didn't get a good look, but I'm almost certain I have the same line of guitar (Fender Mustang). I have a Fender Pawn Shop Mustang Special, also in Red (Candy Apple). I have a positive first impression mostly because of the guitar...

I think Mio is still my favourite character, but I really like the others too. Yui can be a little much sometimes, but she can also be really funny. Ritsu's teasing Mio is a fun way to support other characters. Tsumugi is a little mysterious, but in a good way. I look forward to seeing more of these characters and "getting to know" the new one (I forget her name...).
I enjoy the support characters like Sawako and Ui too.

I think I'm coming to the end of the season. I'm a little sad I'm going through so quickly. I think this is one of the best things I've watched in a long time and it's getting me to consider paying attention to anime. I think that's the best praise I can give.

Thank you #PokeGAF!

The new girl is Azusa (Azunyan). K-on-GAF doesn't seem to like her too much.

Keion-GAF is far out of the mainstream there. Azunyan was the one who won Japan Saimoe after all.

Aside from Mio I usually agree with you but....c'mon. Flat chest moe girls are very much indeed delicioto with a side of hnnnnng!

Might I suggest Zero no Tsukaima while you're busy working your way through the Kugilolis?

Esura

Banned
azusa is awesome. how could anyone dislike any of the characters?

Well, I don't dislike any of the characters. I was a bit apathetic towards Mio and Mugi although I came around in the second season towards Mugi Mugi. She is like my third fav HTT girl now.

dluu13

Pretty much! All of them are really great characters, better than what you usually find in most anime/manga.

Some characters (Ritsu) are just at the top because they are fabulous.

Fabulous cause she's a drummer. And because her inspiration is Keith Moon. Keith Moon is awesome.

frequency

I think "serious and reserved" characters need to exist. It looks like almost everyone likes Yui and Ritsu best here. Hyperactive characters with too much energy who joke all the time get tiring really fast if you don't have 突っ込み to ground them. It's a little sad they aren't appreciated enough.

Characters like Mio (and Azusa?) make it proper comedy routine that I can enjoy. If it's crazy all the time, then it's too much and just gets annoying.
I think Japanese comedy group ダウンタウン is popular here on GAF? Imagine if it was only Matsumoto (who is ボケ). If you've seen Matsumoto movies or solo comedy projects with no Hamada (who is 突っ込み), you can see how annoying and unfunny it becomes.

just that you are both small... and play the same guitar!
Oh (─‿‿─)

EDIT: Sorry for using Japanese words. I don't know the English equivalent. My thought is that if I put it as is, people can look it up in dictionary or online if they are interested. If I put it in English letters, it's impossible to find meaning.

Esura

Banned
Might I suggest Zero no Tsukaima while you're busy working your way through the Kugilolis?

Then add Shana and Hayate no Gotoku as well. Hidan no Aria, ALL THE JC STAFF

Since I finished Xenoblade, unable to play Persona 4 because of the lack of an SDTV, and my two other games are short as heck....why not? Might as well get into some more anime. I did watch the first season of Shana in my junior year of HS but that was ages ago and I remember nothing about it anymore so I got to rewatch all that too.

....wow, that threw me off. lol

I think "serious and reserved" characters need to exist. It looks like almost everyone likes Yui and Ritsu best here. Hyperactive characters with too much energy who joke all the time get tiring really fast if you don't have 突っ込み to ground them. It's a little sad they aren't appreciated enough.

Characters like Mio (and Azusa?) make it proper comedy routine that I can enjoy. If it's crazy all the time, then it's too much and just gets annoying.
I think Japanese comedy group ダウンタウン is popular here on GAF? Imagine if it was only Matsumoto (who is ボケ). If you've seen Matsumoto movies or solo comedy projects with no Hamada (who is 突っ込み), you can see how annoying and unfunny it becomes.

Then you'd like Azu-nyan. I like her more than Mio. Yui and Azu-nyan together is like Mio and Ritsu but better.

Esura

Banned
I know this is going to be one hell of a generalization but don't hurt me, what is up with musicians, drugs/drinking/etc., and death? Whenever someone mentions a great musician, someone asks what happened to the person and its either the person lost their mind, went broke, or died due to drugs, craziness, suicide, etc.?

Is this the fate of HTT!?

frequency

I know this is going to be one hell of a generalization but don't hurt me, what is up with musicians, drugs/drinking/etc., and death? Whenever someone mentions a great musician, someone asks what happened to the person and its either the person lost their mind, went broke, or died due to drugs, craziness, suicide, etc.?

Is this the fate of HTT!?

Isn't that true for many rich people who aren't musicians too? I think it's just living a life of excess afforded by wealth.

Esura

Banned
Isn't that true for many rich people who aren't musicians too? I think it's just living a life of excess afforded by wealth.

True. I guess as a poor folk it makes me sad. lol

I don't get why some of these celebrities just invest and save their money instead of blowing it all and crying that they are broke a year later.

I guess when you're a celebrity, you go to a lot of parties, and people start introducing you to drugs and shit.

So I guess celebrities just can't say no eh?

frequency

True. I guess as a poor folk it makes me sad. lol

I don't get why some of these celebrities just invest and save their money instead of blowing it all and crying that they are broke a year later.
I bet they would be broke if they were poor too. Poor money management is common thing.

So I guess celebrities just can't say no eh?
Peer pressure probably is a big thing. If you say "no" all the time, people in the industry might not like you as much. Connections are more important than anything else.
I think the idiom is "stick in the mud."

Top Bottom