• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

jFBx2.gif

And I just finished reading the second volume. Now I is sad...

K-ON Manga Volume 1 + 2

Like all mangas, it is a given it is fast-paced compared to its anime counterpart. Personally I prefer the art-style of the manga compared to the anime. It was said that the manga version draws the characters a bit more chubby. To be honest I couldn't tell the difference in body shapes/sizes whilst reading through (Manga Yui > Anime Yui in both character and art).

Anyways the real highlight of reading through it how liberal they are with content. I wouldn't call it censoring but it seems the standard/common translation stays true to the original by throwing in terms such as " @#!*% " , "lazy- @#!*% " , etc. which in my opinion makes the manga more funny due to the context of which they are put in (no they don't sling these terms left and right).

So yeah the only downer is due to the length of the series/size of the volumes. It makes me sad that I'm already halfway done with the manga (only 4 volumes, not counting the 2-volume reboot), but atleast I'll have it in physical form to read whenever I want.

I didn't mean they were fatter in the manga, but that they seem more stout than their anime counterpart. They both have that fuller figure look with the girls, which I enjoy. It wasn't a slight against the manga.
jMSjj.gif

Which clip?

In the movie where
they're waiting for Mio's suitcase to arrive and Ritsu make a joke about she won't have any panties to wear because her luggage is lost, and Yui says in bad English "She is no pan" in referrence to the fact Mio mentioned earlier that she doesn't wear socks panties when she sleeps.

Top Bottom