• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

TheBatMan recruited me here.

About to start watching Season 1.

You made it!

16hxBKc.jpg

Quick, Chet. He doesn't know what "Moe" is.

Crossposting my K-On! impressions because Chet got me to watch more!

K-On! 02:

Ah, that pre-crash mindset now forever locked away to a bygone era. "Want something but can't afford it? Simply work until you have the money!"
and yet Mugi still solves everything by exercising 1% privilege. dammit

I know that this is silly because kawaii joshikosei are not typically creatures that are concerned with the cost-benefit of, well, anything, but how can they all be so chill about enabling Yui to purchase a gitaa that's five-hundred percent over budget? Yui is lucky that she has the other keions because having no discretionary income for a year would absolutely tank her social life otherwise. If Nintendo took the Gibson approach to color variants we'd all be screwed.

It's a wonder that the traffic statistics firm ever finds any customers for their data because they clearly have no quality control.

Of course, all of this is to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the episode.

K-On! 03:

dat feel when one person in your group is slowing everyone else's progress. I'm amused by the fact that all of the other keions have to drop whatever it is that they're doing and meet Yui's every need as soon as she needs it just to keep their club afloat. Simultaneously their savior and their worst nightmare. Mugi alone is probably sinking tens of thousands of yen per week into procuring exotic desserts just to continue luring Yui into the club room like some kind of pigeon. Surely bribing an actually-talented student to join would be cheaper?

What does everyone in this show have against bread crust?
bumping up because poor bottom of the page pierrot

nobody wants to join the kei-ons, though, they're weird

is such a thing even possible, tusr

TUSR

Banned
Fixed it. ;)

Also, you're going to get a crash course in Moe here, sir.

Let me google Moe

Moe does not have one concrete definition, but is used in a variety of ways. People use Moe as a feeling or characteristic. The term "moe" can be tacked on to the end of any personality trait or physical trait to create a new type of moe

Im more confused.

TheBatMan recruited me here.

About to start watching Season 1.
Not knowing what you like, I have no idea if you will enjoy it, but I can't stress how much I love the show. It's really worth it to check out.
Crossposting my K-On! impressions because Chet got me to watch more!
Thank you!
K-On! 02:

Ah, that pre-crash mindset now forever locked away to a bygone era. "Want something but can't afford it? Simply work until you have the money!"
and yet Mugi still solves everything by exercising 1% privilege. dammit

I know that this is silly because kawaii joshikosei are not typically creatures that are concerned with the cost-benefit of, well, anything, but how can they all be so chill about enabling Yui to purchase a gitaa that's five-hundred percent over budget? Yui is lucky that she has the other keions because having no discretionary income for a year would absolutely tank her social life otherwise. If Nintendo took the Gibson approach to color variants we'd all be screwed.

It's a wonder that the traffic statistics firm ever finds any customers for their data because they clearly have no quality control.

Of course, all of this is to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the episode.
I suppose I don't really need to repeat myself, but I did find it funny that Mugi waited until after they tried to raise the funds for Yui's guitar to bail her out.
K-On! 03:

dat feel when one person in your group is slowing everyone else's progress. I'm amused by the fact that all of the other keions have to drop whatever it is that they're doing and meet Yui's every need as soon as she needs it just to keep their club afloat. Simultaneously their savior and their worst nightmare. Mugi alone is probably sinking tens of thousands of yen per week into procuring exotic desserts just to continue luring Yui into the club room like some kind of pigeon. Surely bribing an actually-talented student to join would be cheaper?

What does everyone in this show have against bread crust?
I think those that don't like the show like to point out episode 3 a lot when they complain about how boring the show is. I think they're crazy, but if you love that episode, I think you will fall in love with the show. Probably not to the same degree as me, but not many are...
You made it!

16hxBKc.jpg

I don't think I really know what moe is either.

I never got too into Haruhi. It seemed pretty fun the couple episodes I caught. Then there's this whole huge world with a Kyonko? Found that fascinating.

TUSR

Banned
I never got too into Haruhi. It seemed pretty fun the couple episodes I caught. Then there's this whole huge world with a Kyonko? Found that fascinating.

If you watch the first season in the order it aired on TV ill binge K-On! this week.
I was going to do it anyways until AD comes out

The build up though.

I should have quit work a week earlier so I could watch AD, K-On and Haruhi again.

Oh wow, so there's like two orders of which to watch Haruhi? xD Pretty cool.

I still have to watch the entire second season of K-ON!! myself, so I've got my work cut out for me too.

cjkeats

The build up though.

I should have quit work a week earlier so I could watch AD, K-On and Haruhi again.
It's all just a build up to the movie, which is goddamn amazing.

...I should watch Haruhi again soon too. I get this feeling every time I talk about it.

TUSR

Banned
Oh wow, so there's like two orders of which to watch Haruhi? xD Pretty cool.

I still have to watch the entire second season of K-ON!! myself, so I've got my work cut out for me too.

Chronological and air orders are different. Air order first, then chrono.

It's all just a build up to the movie, which is goddamn amazing.

...I should watch Haruhi again soon too. I get this feeling every time I talk about it.

I never watched the disappearance...

TUSR

Banned
dude.

If its one thing KyoAni is good at, it's killing all our favorite shows after two seasons, but delivering damn near perfect movies after them. You'll come to see k-on does the same thing.

Well crap, I don't have it right now and want to watch it ASAP.

TUSR

Banned
You watching episode 1 tonight, TUSR?

Good question, my internet is acting awful right now so ill see.

I made the mistake of mentioning Haruhi and the nostalgia came flooding back so im trying to get ahold of the movie since I own S1+2

I found Ranma 1/2, Love Hina, Gundam Wing, Haruhi, and a couple others on a drive in my desk.

LayLa

Im probably the only person that enjoyed the Endless Eight

I watched Haruhi in chronological order and somehow managed to go into the Endless Eight completely blind - I had no idea what was happening & how long it was going to go on for! I was kinda ill as well which only added to the confusion. It was an amazing experience tbh.

I never watched the disappearance...

you definitely should, and the plot of Disappearance has more resonance if you've made it through Endless Eight ...

I'm watching Sailor Moon for the 1st time thanks to MikeMyers episode guide, Usagi's voice is hella grating. love the music, especially when the song swells up and they sing "ooooooooooh Sailor Moon"

MikeMyers

I'm watching Sailor Moon for the 1st time thanks to MikeMyers episode guide, Usagi's voice is hella grating. love the music, especially when the song swells up and they sing "ooooooooooh Sailor Moon"

Oh by the way, a friend of mine basically did a filler guide for the ENTIRE series. Would you want a copy?

kiyomi

Is it an original story or does it emulate (!) the events of the first/second/third games?
noneofwhichihavebeatendonthurtme

I like this!
Did you ever read my (eternally incomplete) fanfic?
I did, but I suppose you remember that.
Only 31 lewd avatars? Psh.
I know, only one Mio avatar! tsk tsk
Damn. This looks really low budget.
It's an anime adapted from a video game. They're almost always low budget.
A-1 would've been ideal.
You expect Idea Factory to shell that kind of money for it? lol

Top Bottom