• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

ZwLgyVe.jpg

:D

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
just caught up fully with monogatari season 2, why was there a recap episode, which is extending to next week aswell _-_

foxuzamaki

The recap episode is for those that didn't see the movie I think. I haven't watched it myself yet so I don't 100% know.

nope, the 1st recap episode kinda talks about the movie a lil bit(which hasent even been released yet so they didnt go into much detail than what they already revealed) and then the rest of the episode covered all of nekomonogatari pretty much, i liked it if only because i was coming off the high of just watching episode 5 which was amazing<3

Smilax

Alright, I'll give it a try!

Episode 6

This was the raining episode. Some really cute moments with Yui trying to protect Gita. Some part of the episode I enjoyed was when Azusa started pulling out random objects she has bought on the internet. Also when Yui, Mio, and Azusa gave names to their instruments. Pretty funny. Although, it also felt like this episode was pretty slow, but it wasn't that bad. I was good!

Episode 7

The return of the Mio Fan Club! There wasn't much reference of it in the first season, so this was pretty hilarious. Possibly my favorite part of this episode was when Yui was talking about all the Mio merchandise they have prepared for the tea party. I just love how she casually brings up the back scratcher lol. This one was really nice, especially since it was a gift for the previous leader of the Mio Fan Club. Another good episode!

Episode 8

I liked this one. Yui trying to figure out what she wants to do in the future was really nice, and funny. I did enjoy the flashbacks that were presented in this episode. Gave me some feel good feelings! They were nice and cute. Also Ui wanting to go where ever Yui goes was pretty adorable~ Also the Mio and Ritsu backstory was really nice as well! I wonder if I'll learn more about Mugi later on. This was a great episode to me!

Episode 9

I just finished watching this one, and it was really nice! I didn't think Yui would focus on accomplishing a good grade on her finals and get ready for the competition. Yui-Azu comedy skit was pretty funny to me. Probably because of the paper fan. I enjoyed the part when Yui easily forgot that she needed more Soy Sauce instead of Sugar lol. Another great episode!

I'll probably start watching again a bit later. I might play some Borderlands 2 now or somethin`

Also I guess I didn't really do a good job at writing a full impression... Oh well lol

foxuzamaki

Episode 6

This was the raining episode. Some really cute moments with Yui trying to protect Gita. Some part of the episode I enjoyed was when Azusa started pulling out random objects she has bought on the internet. Also when Yui, Mio, and Azusa gave names to their instruments. Pretty funny. Although, it also felt like this episode was pretty slow, but it wasn't that bad. I was good!

Episode 7

The return of the Mio Fan Club! There wasn't much reference of it in the first season, so this was pretty hilarious. Possibly my favorite part of this episode was when Yui was talking about all the Mio merchandise they have prepared for the tea party. I just love how she casually brings up the back scratcher lol. This one was really nice, especially since it was a gift for the previous leader of the Mio Fan Club. Another good episode!

Episode 8

I liked this one. Yui trying to figure out what she wants to do in the future was really nice, and funny. I did enjoy the flashbacks that were presented in this episode. Gave me some feel good feelings! They were nice and cute. Also Ui wanting to go where ever Yui goes was pretty adorable~ Also the Mio and Ritsu backstory was really nice as well! I wonder if I'll learn more about Mugi later on. This was a great episode to me!

Episode 9

I just finished watching this one, and it was really nice! I didn't think Yui would focus on accomplishing a good grade on her finals and get ready for the competition. Yui-Azu comedy skit was pretty funny to me. Probably because of the paper fan. I enjoyed the part when Yui easily forgot that she needed more Soy Sauce instead of Sugar lol. Another great episode!

I'll probably start watching again a bit later. I might play some Borderlands 2 now or somethin`

Also I guess I didn't really do a good job at writing a full impression... Oh well lol

nice impressions :D. reminds me that i need to get back to my rewatch
oh and episode 7 has one of my favorite k-on songs aswell, love it

Episode 7

That one is one of my all time favorite episodes.
Episode 8

There are some Mugi centric episodes, but just to try and temper your expectations, you don't really learn anything about Mugi's past. It's kind of the shows thing with leaving her home life and family an enigma with the other girls constantly in amazement and wonder at her families wealth and connections.

That was more than enough. I had fun reading your thoughts.
I'll read it when I'm not on my mobile, but that's already more than I've wrote about the show :p
Maybe you should fix that.
nice impressions :D. reminds me that i need to get back to my rewatch
oh and episode 7 has one of my favorite k-on songs aswell, love it

I love Pure Pure Heart.

Phew! Got back from stuff that I did from last night to this morning, and got home in time to see that I had a little over an hour left before I could pick up my Japanese auction deputy service delivery. Soooo I went. And I got the Holy Grail, the K-ON Colorful Memories artbooks.

And I'm still missing the 4th and last Colorful Memories book! said:

As you can see, they're... kinda big books, and I didn't wanna pick-and-choose which pictures to post off of my phone because I'm not gonna bust these books open to scan them because GOD DAMN IT I GOT THIS FROM JAPAN, but I DID do the worst possible thing.

Make a Vine. Or Two. Or Three.

Phew! Got back from stuff that I did from last night to this morning, and got home in time to see that I had a little over an hour left before I could pick up my Japanese auction deputy service delivery. Soooo I went. And I got the Holy Grail, the K-ON Colorful Memories artbooks.

As you can see, they're... kinda big books, and I didn't wanna pick-and-choose which pictures to post off of my phone because I'm not gonna bust these books open to scan them because GOD DAMN IT I GOT THIS FROM JAPAN, but I DID do the worst possible thing.

Wow. I've never seen all of these before. So there is 8 of them? Jealous I am. How much did this set you back?

Wow. I've never seen all of these before. So there is 8 of them? Jealous I am. How much did this set you back?

I try not to think about how much it all cost...

The first three are the "Memorial Album" books that followed each project's completion, whether it be the first or second season or the movie. They had a couple pieces of art in there, but the main function was to recap the story and show in-development sketches while also interviewing the cast and staff behind the anime. If you know where to look, you can find them at a couple reliable Japanese book retailers online. Most affordable, though that's small comfort considering this is an anime goods purchase and an import on top of that.

The 4th book is the "Official Cel Book" or something like that. That book is entirely a collection of drawings from the making of the anime, various character sketches and shots of locations that they drew in the anime. This and the Colorful Memories books were only available from Kyoto Animation's online shop, so Yahoo Auctions and deputy service or special order were the only ways to get these books, so the cost is very high.

This and the Colorful Memories books were only available from Kyoto Animation's online shop, so Yahoo Auctions and deputy service or special order were the only ways to get these books, so the cost is very high.

Damn, I know the pain of that. I've had to use this method to get some doujins in the past. Was not cheap.

The first three are the "Memorial Album" books that followed each project's completion, whether it be the first or second season or the movie. They had a couple pieces of art in there, but the main function was to recap the story and show in-development sketches while also interviewing the cast and staff behind the anime. If you know where to look, you can find them at a couple reliable Japanese book retailers online. Most affordable, though that's small comfort considering this is an anime goods purchase and an import on top of that.

Ah I didn't recognise the first three, but I don't think I've ever seen those colourful Memories books. Will have to hopefully track these down myself :3

Those are some quality looking books. No damages to them, were there?

Top Bottom