• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

Meido Upgrade

iPVGnvgLh3Q7q.gif

This thread moves waaay too fast nowadays :p

Is that KyoAni fighting thing that was posted a couple pages back an actual fan made game, or was it just fanart? :(

MikeMyers

you just want the Ritsu squad to go bonkers.

Also, I forgot to send you my SM S1 rewatch review:

Jadiete Arc:
We get Usagi and Mamoru's debut, then a bunch of monster of the week episodes. Ami is eventually introduced, but it seems like the whole purpose of her character was to help show how stupid Usagi is. Rei is eventually introduced, but at that point Beryl is getting fed up with how lame Jadiete is and sacks him off herself.

Nephrite Arc:
Things pick up here because Rei serves as a good rival for Usagi, and the two of chemistry together. The decision to pair up Rei & Mamoru has always been controversy, but I think it helped add to the rivalry between Rei & Usagi. Makato is debuted in this arc, but much like Ami I felt like she was just kind of there as opposed to Usagi & Rei's spotlight hogging. I didn't really care much for Nephrite's relationship with Naru, mainly because Naru was always a minor character who basically long forgotten in later seasons. I did like Nephrite and Zoisite's relationship, and the end of the arc showed what a bastard Zoisite is.

Zoisite Arc:
Pretty much generic Monster of the Week stuff, although we do get to see the debut of Yūichirō who is probably my favourite minor character in the series. By the end of this arc things finally start to pick up when Sailor V debuts, Tuxedo Mask is kidnapped, and Usagi is revealed as the Princess.

Kunzite Arc:
We've got Sailor V now, but she's quickly turned into a generic Senshi soldier. Tuxedo Mask has turned evil, but it is still mostly monster of the week episodes. During the Ski Resort episode we finally get to see Rei & Usagi end their rivalry over Mamoru when Rei admits Mamoru seems to like Usagi more (although later seasons still have Rei acting mean towards Usagi). The finale itself is pretty good, I loved the battle with the D-Girs/Beryl/Materlia.

Overall:
Pretty boring until Mars debut to give Usagi a rival character, it starts to really pick up at the end of the Zoisite arc. I feel like I'd like this anime more if the manga hasn't spoiled me so much now.

cajunator

Banned
Meido Upgrade

iPVGnvgLh3Q7q.gif

HHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

he responded to Zackdekoromaru :D
I wonder how many other Gaffers he is talking to.

*high five*

So you have some kind of digestive tract problems?
Did you know that the way modern society designs chairs and toilets is directly related to digestive problems and back problems? Basically, this sort of thing doesnt exist very much in less developed countries without modern amenities. Although they still fight with cholera and malaria and plague.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
So you have some kind of digestive tract problems?
Did you know that the way modern society designs chairs and toilets is directly related to digestive problems and back problems? Basically, this sort of thing doesnt exist very much in less developed countries without modern amenities. Although they still fight with cholera and malaria and plague.

Urinary Tract + Bladder issues... much pain. :[

you just want the Ritsu squad to go bonkers.
Hhmm, maybe I don't actually know how to use twitter, but I wanted to show Brennan Williams post about Mugi's eyebrows being his favorite.
Is that KyoAni fighting thing that was posted a couple pages back an actual fan made game, or was it just fanart? :(
Fan art.
he responded to Zackdekoromaru :D
I wonder how many other Gaffers he is talking to.

He should post over here more often.

My favorite food! I get a little sick when I eat it, but who cares?

My... er... condition eliminates most of what I've loved all my life.

Caffeine
Soda
Tomato Sauce
Chocolate
Dairy
Acidic Fruits
Spicy Foods
Sugar
This is awful, Zel. Sorry to hear that. ): Wish you had my condition since I'm allowed to eat any and everything.

WHAT IS THIS? WHERE CAN I FIND IT?

It's here, but sold out and then suuuuper expensive on Amazon.

Madao

Hhmm, maybe I don't actually know how to use twitter, but I wanted to show Brennan Williams post about Mugi's eyebrows being his favorite.

arara~

my Ritsu side picked on that post where they ranked the girls and Ritsu was in the "lol who was that" tier.

i did find the Mugi eyebrows comment funny.

Also, I forgot to send you my SM S1 rewatch review:

Jadiete Arc:
We get Usagi and Mamoru's debut, then a bunch of monster of the week episodes. Ami is eventually introduced, but it seems like the whole purpose of her character was to help show how stupid Usagi is. Rei is eventually introduced, but at that point Beryl is getting fed up with how lame Jadiete is and sacks him off herself.

Nephrite Arc:
Things pick up here because Rei serves as a good rival for Usagi, and the two of chemistry together. The decision to pair up Rei & Mamoru has always been controversy, but I think it helped add to the rivalry between Rei & Usagi. Makato is debuted in this arc, but much like Ami I felt like she was just kind of there as opposed to Usagi & Rei's spotlight hogging. I didn't really care much for Nephrite's relationship with Naru, mainly because Naru was always a minor character who basically long forgotten in later seasons. I did like Nephrite and Zoisite's relationship, and the end of the arc showed what a bastard Zoisite is.

Zoisite Arc:
Pretty much generic Monster of the Week stuff, although we do get to see the debut of Yūichirō who is probably my favourite minor character in the series. By the end of this arc things finally start to pick up when Sailor V debuts, Tuxedo Mask is kidnapped, and Usagi is revealed as the Princess.

Kunzite Arc:
We've got Sailor V now, but she's quickly turned into a generic Senshi soldier. Tuxedo Mask has turned evil, but it is still mostly monster of the week episodes. During the Ski Resort episode we finally get to see Rei & Usagi end their rivalry over Mamoru when Rei admits Mamoru seems to like Usagi more (although later seasons still have Rei acting mean towards Usagi). The finale itself is pretty good, I loved the battle with the D-Girs/Beryl/Materlia.

Overall:
Pretty boring until Mars debut to give Usagi a rival character, it starts to really pick up at the end of the Zoisite arc. I feel like I'd like this anime more if the manga hasn't spoiled me so much now.

that's mostly how i feel about S1. the start is rather generic and things pick up once more characters are introduced. Naru is funny because at some point the Senshi wonder why the enemy always steals her energy.

i'm glad i rewatched before reading the manga because now the manga has destroyed my perception of the anime and i'll be too tempted to watch only the eps that had actual story in them. i'll give it to the anime that they expanded on many side character's screen time (but too bad for Nephrite. his anime version was better but he was doomed by the plot. at least his arc was quite entertaining)

in a different note, my internet haul has arrived:

i was totally expecting Ui or Jun and i got the cat. well, can't do much about it.
i got the guiness world records book because i had heard in my youtube channel that my Mario Kart Wii speed run made it to the book. i had to see it to believe it and there it was. i never expected to end up in this book with that.

This image made me laugh .

hmm now i see that those close ups weren't just a coincidence. i was thinking "this is a bit too detailed"

MikeMyers

that's mostly how i feel about S1. the start is rather generic and things pick up once more characters are introduced. Naru is funny because at some point the Senshi wonder why the enemy always steals her energy.

i'm glad i rewatched before reading the manga because now the manga has destroyed my perception of the anime and i'll be too tempted to watch only the eps that had actual story in them. i'll give it to the anime that they expanded on many side character's screen time (but too bad for Nephrite. his anime version was better but he was doomed by the plot. at least his arc was quite entertaining)

Yeah the manga has killed the anime for me. I still like PGSM, mainly because it does have more development with its characters.

Your purchases: Sailor V nice! Naruto video game? I was considering getting one but didnt know which one to get...I kinda like the series, I find the title character and Sasuke to be boring but the side characters are awesome. Rock Lee FTW!

Bleach manga? What do you think of the manga? I heard it was even worse paced than the anime, which I find impossible. I love the anime up until Aizen reveal as evil, then it became too damn slow paced for me. Like I'm at the part where everyone is fighting Aizen and all I keep thinking is "lets have Ichigo fight him before all these one-note characters do"

This image made me laugh .
Well, I've heard the director, Utsumi is a pretty big fujoshi, so it's good to see they're doing something they really want to do.
arara~

my Ritsu side picked on that post where they ranked the girls and Ritsu was in the "lol who was that" tier.

i did find the Mugi eyebrows comment funny.
I guess I neglected to note that Brennan Williams was recently drafted into the NFL, so that's why anyone would care what he has to say.

in a different note, my internet haul has arrived:

i was totally expecting Ui or Jun and i got the cat. well, can't do much about it.
i got the guiness world records book because i had heard in my youtube channel that my Mario Kart Wii speed run made it to the book. i had to see it to believe it and there it was. i never expected to end up in this book with that.
That's pretty cool that you got in the book, and I want to see the Azusa out of the box!
Jesus, a second thread. How is this even possible ?_?
Because the last thread hit 20,000 posts.

Madao

Yeah the manga has killed the anime for me. I still like PGSM, mainly because it does have more development with its characters.

Your purchases: Sailor V nice! Naruto video game? I was considering getting one but didnt know which one to get...I kinda like the series, I find the title character and Sasuke to be boring but the side characters are awesome. Rock Lee FTW!

Bleach manga? What do you think of the manga? I heard it was even worse paced than the anime, which I find impossible. I love the anime up until Aizen reveal as evil, then it became too damn slow paced for me. Like I'm at the part where everyone is fighting Aizen and all I keep thinking is "lets have Ichigo fight him before all these one-note characters do"

the pacing is pretty bad at times but it isn't too bad in manga format since you can blow fast through pages. the anime's pacing is worse. if you're following it weekly, that's where most of the problem is since waiting a week for each chapter is annoying. it is better to read in bulk. i still follow it weekly because i loathe spoilers and i'd really hate to be spoiled if i stopped reading. i started from this volume since my brother might like to see how it finishes eventually and we can't count on the anime returning as a sure thing.

MikeMyers

the pacing is pretty bad at times but it isn't too bad in manga format since you can blow fast through pages. the anime's pacing is worse. if you're following it weekly, that's where most of the problem is since waiting a week for each chapter is annoying. it is better to read in bulk. i still follow it weekly because i loathe spoilers and i'd really hate to be spoiled if i stopped reading. i started from this volume since my brother might like to see how it finishes eventually and we can't count on the anime returning as a sure thing.

Well, after the anime is over in america, I'll probably check out the manga for the final act.

Definitely going to buy the anime on DVD - from Episode 1 to Ichigo battling Rukia's brother.

It's pretty weird to think the series is almost over, I've been a fan of it since like 2005. Probably by the time the anime is done in US, and I read the final act, I'll be a fan for a decade.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
You know, I'd probably paint faster if I didn't spend HOURS drawing their hair... >>; <<; (I love hair...)

tumblr_mlxrrrga2p1s0ifuqo1_1280.jpg

Sailor Moon remake delayed....I just hope its not Sailor Moon Kai.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I don't think they are gonna make it shorter , so it probably won't be like Kai.

copy the keions
If I weren't black, which means my hair is taking forever to grow and I dont really want to process it so that it's like the hair needed for those styles, I mean I may perm it once or twice, but I was thinking of trying "natural" hairstyles as much as possible...well whenever I have a satisfactory amount to work with >_>.

MikeMyers

if it was Sailor Moon Kai, it'd be shorter than last year's season of Jojo.

I wouldn't put it past Toei to troll us like that. And yeah, I made a list of S1 eps that actually had significent plot, and it was barely any:

EP01: Sailor Moon debut
EP08: Sailor Mercury debut
EP10: Sailor Mars debut
EP25: Sailor Jupiter debut
EP33: Sailor Venus debut
EP34: Identities reveled
EP35: Scouts learn of their previous life
EP36: To see what happens to Tuxedo Mask.
EP38: Moon and Mars end their feud
EP42: Sailor Venus background story
EP44 & EP45: Season finale

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I don't think they are gonna make it shorter , so it probably won't be like Kai.

Hopefully.

Pretty short and kinky/curly , I'm just letting it grow and not really doing much with it, I need to clear it out more so it's less tangled and grows better, but It's been cold and I've been busy.

Yea sailor moon is a Monster of a Week type show mostly no? (I watched it in youth and hardly paid attention to the story or anything, which is why I was excited in watching the remake) so I don't see what they would count as filler or not to even cut or what the appeal of doing that is.

Top Bottom