• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

Labrys

I approve of this pace of posting you guys are setting.

tumblr_md3addNfeH1ryzyswo1_500.gif

Esura

Banned
Sonic used to be one of my heroes along with Goku, Yami Yugi, Ash Ketchum (I thought he was cool back then) and Cloud back in the day when I was but a wee one.

How far a hero has fallen.....

I don't think they're too big. Just has a kind-of semi super-deformed style to it.

But the fact that I wasn't trying to achieve that makes it worse. Still, I'm much better at drawing Mio and the like now than I was then, which I could have only gotten here with these older drawings.

It looks like Madoka.
I like Madoka.
Will watch.

It's not like Madoka.
It's actually pretty fucking far from what Madoka was.
Which is a good thing. The world only needs one Suffering Mahou Shoujos animu.

----------------------

It's actually basically like they combined Cardcaptor Sakura and Nanoha and crammed it into the Fate/ universe, with pretty amazing results. The manga is really something that turned out to be way greater than the sum of it's parts, and as a bonus it stars Illya. Illya is <3. Also, there's loli fanservice in the manga. There's a LOT of loli fanservice there, though I'm sure that will be toned down for the animu.

K-On the Movie (English dub)

To be completely honest I do enjoy watching the dub because I don't have to read the subtitles and the VA isn't horrifyingly bad --

But in this case I just couldn't finish the dubbed version. Ritsu's bad English is weird and confusing in the dub.

Labrys

It's not like Madoka.
It's actually pretty fucking far from what Madoka was.
Which is a good thing. The world only needs one Suffering Mahou Shoujos animu.

----------------------

It's actually basically like they combined Cardcaptor Sakura and Nanoha and crammed it into the Fate/ universe, with pretty amazing results. The manga is really something that turned out to be way greater than the sum of it's parts, and as a bonus it stars Illya. Illya is <3. Also, there's loli fanservice in the manga. There's a LOT of loli fanservice there, though I'm sure that will be toned down for the animu.

Gotcha.
Sorry about that.
I'm still going to watch it.

Oh, okay, then I'm wrong.
Maybe if I was going for the bobble head look you'd be right, but I wasn't.
It's actually basically like they combined Cardcaptor Sakura and Nanoha and crammed it into the Fate/ universe, with pretty amazing results.
ew.
K-On the Movie (English dub)

To be completely honest I do enjoy watching the dub because I don't have to read the subtitles and the VA isn't horrifyingly bad --

But in this case I just couldn't finish the dubbed version. Ritsu's bad English is weird and confusing in the dub.
Wait, so how do they handle the whole Londoners thing? So do they basically try to play it off that they're speaking Japanese, it's just that we're understanding them in English or something?

Wait, so how do they handle the whole Londoners thing? So do they basically try to play it off that they're speaking Japanese, it's just that we're understanding them in English or something?

Pretty much. I wish Ritsu's VA would have used an Engrish accent, would have alleviated some of the hawkwardness. She pretty much talks in her straight American English accent when speaking English.

Pretty much. I wish Ritsu's VA would have used an Engrish accent, would have alleviated some of the hawkwardness. She pretty much talks in her straight American English accent when speaking English.

That's kind of a shame, but that's kinda what I've come to expect out of the K-ON! dubs. I've heard they don't use honorifics in the movie though, is that true? They kinda bugged me in the earlier season dubs.

Articalys

I mean, I know that I posted the earlier movie impressions link, but it's still weird that people already have copies of the K-On movie even though it doesn't technically come out until the 21st. I am aware that Right Stuf sometimes ships stuff ahead of the release date, though I forget exactly why (something about the warehouses and shipping centers they use, I think), and certainly don't recall an instance of it happening this early before.

Uraizen

Banned
I mean, I know that I posted the earlier movie impressions link, but it's still weird that people already have copies of the K-On movie even though it doesn't technically come out until the 21st. I am aware that Right Stuf sometimes ships stuff ahead of the release date, though I forget exactly why (something about the warehouses and shipping centers they use, I think), and certainly don't recall an instance of it happening this early before.

Yeah, Amazon is still a long way off from shipping mine.

...I dunno. Wits? Pride?

Love?

... Go on.

FRhhR3v.png

THE BATTLE BEGINS

Let's see, I'm Kuroko. I'm a Level 4 Teleporter and I'm also pretty feisty for my size. I also seem to know a fair amount of martial arts and self-defense techniques which I combine with my teleportation to beat the shit out of my opponents. Among other things, I've collapsed an entire building on top of somebody in order to bring them to justice.

Chet is...Mio.

This looks like a fair fight, let's do this!

MikeMyers

Let's see, I'm Kuroko. I'm a Level 4 Teleporter and I'm also pretty feisty for my size. I also seem to know a fair amount of martial arts and self-defense techniques which I combine with my teleportation to beat the shit out of my opponents. Among other things, I've collapsed an entire building on top of somebody in order to bring them to justice.

Chet is...Mio.

This looks like a fair fight, let's do this!

But Mio has talent!

Top Bottom