• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

cajunator

Banned
Ritsu needs to permanently adopt the "casual" hairstyle

BwYStCy.png

Oh god yes

I'm really rather tempted to leave the Apple Utopia for it...

Once you realize that the world ruled by Apple SERN is actually a dystopia, that's when you understand why so many people are leaving.

So how much dinero did you end up spending to get to 200?

That's a secret~
Hi-mi-tsu~

Yeah, same here. I'm sure at the end of the day I'll just stick to getting whatever the next iPhone is.

Probably the same for me. Apple better fucking impress me come September.

It's not easy trying to change the future, you know. There's a certain percentage deviation that your world must change before you can leap to another World Line, and it may require many iterations before you can find Android the Steins Gate.

My DVDs arrived today, and watching season 1 again reminds me that it's really, astonishingly well-crafted. I think season 2 has my favourite individual episodes, but season 1's arc is just so wonderful, so relatable. Episode 12 is transcendent, euphoric stuff. K-On is the crowning achievement of anime.

In episode one alone, I've noticed some little details I hadn't seen before. When Ritsu is telling her sob story to Mio, she gives the subtlest little glance back at Mugi, playing to the crowd. Brilliant little bit of character detail.

My DVDs arrived today, and watching season 1 again reminds me that it's really, astonishingly well-crafted. I think season 2 has my favourite individual episodes, but season 1's arc is just so wonderful, so relatable. Episode 12 is transcendent, euphoric stuff. K-On is the crowning achievement of anime.

In episode one alone, I've noticed some little details I hadn't seen before. When Ritsu is telling her sob story to Mio, she gives the subtlest little glance back at Mugi, playing to the crowd. Brilliant little bit of character detail.

Yeah, K-ON! is great from head to toe. Full of little details that make it great.

And while I'm still thinking about it, I was watching the second season this morning, and noticed how the first opening has a lot of references to the manga, as in like scenes based off of some art found in the manga, while the second opening has more references to anime only things, like Ton-chan and the classmates.
I suppose that really doesn't mean anything, but I thought it was interesting...

Yeah! My nickname is GrimHeaper and right now Orochi is my leader demon. It was Amaterasu before, but I wanted to switch it for a bit.

Damn, you actually lucked out and got Amaterasu from Special Summon? I've wanted her forever because she's so beautiful, but the best I've ever gotten from Special Summon was Carbuncle Garnet. ;_;

Damn, you actually lucked out and got Amaterasu from Special Summon? I've wanted her forever because she's so beautiful, but the best I've ever gotten from Special Summon was Carbuncle Garnet. ;_;
What's your nickname on Ayakashi? I got 3 invites and I dunno if any are you. ;_;

But yeah, I got her from special summon. I was so happy the rest of that night since she was one of the ones I wanted the most. So good. <3

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
It's not easy trying to change the future, you know. There's a certain percentage deviation that your world must change before you can leap to another World Line, and it may require many iterations before you can find Android the Steins Gate.

Why do you know how to sell to me so goddamn well?

K-On 11
NIqVzhT.jpg

Baka Ritsu... I started out still not really liking Azusa yet again because OMG YOU CAN'T PLAY THIS GUITAR GO GET IT FIXED and then neglecting to mention the price but it was super cute how she put on the cat ears and tried to cheer up the group. Mio's totally cute, too. The left fair and hanging out with Ritsu when she's sick and totally innocent and... <333 And I'm still not sure... was Ritsu jealous of Nodoka and does that come back into play later? It really wasn't explained very well, and Ritsu likes her at the end of the episode again... I was confused... but After School Teatime is the best band name ever, you're a genius, Sawa-chan. Not really many gif-able scenes in this episode, either, but I liked it. A nice change of pace as it was pretty dramatic.

K-On 11
NIqVzhT.jpg

Baka Ritsu... I started out still not really liking Azusa yet again because OMG YOU CAN'T PLAY THIS GUITAR GO GET IT FIXED and then neglecting to mention the price but it was super cute how she put on the cat ears and tried to cheer up the group. Mio's totally cute, too. The left fair and hanging out with Ritsu when she's sick and totally innocent and... <333 And I'm still not sure... was Ritsu jealous of Nodoka and does that come back into play later? It really wasn't explained very well, and Ritsu likes her at the end of the episode again... I was confused... but After School Teatime is the best band name ever, you're a genius, Sawa-chan. Not really many gif-able scenes in this episode, either, but I liked it. A nice change of pace as it was pretty dramatic.

Well, did you see the condition her guitar was in? And Yui is pretty dumb not to know it would cost money.
I don't know how you didn't get that Ritsu was jealous that Mio was being friends with Nodoka. Ritsu felt like she was being replaced by Nodoka as Mio's best friend. But they make up in the end, so it's all good. I love this episode as it shows that Mio and Ritsu's relationship isn't just one sided.

I don't know how you didn't get that Ritsu was jealous that Mio was being friends with Nodoka. Ritsu felt like she was being replaced by Nodoka as Mio's best friend. But they make up in the end, so it's all good. I love this episode as it shows that Mio and Ritsu's relationship isn't just one sided.
I did get it. But then suddenly Ritsu gets sick and likes Nodoka again and is no longer jealous. I thought that maybe it would have caused some tension in the group for a little while, but it's suddenly resolved not even 10 minutes later! It just seemed odd to build up Mio's cold shoulder and Ritsu's jealously but just sorta throw it under the rug because Ritsu got sick and Nodoka helped out by doing the same thing she did last year. But yes, I liked the episode.

I did get it. But then suddenly Ritsu gets sick and likes Nodoka again and is no longer jealous. I thought that maybe it would have caused some tension in the group for a little while, but it's suddenly resolved not even 10 minutes later! It just seemed odd to build up Mio's cold shoulder and Ritsu's jealously but just sorta throw it under the rug because Ritsu got sick and Nodoka helped out by doing the same thing she did last year. But yes, I liked the episode.

It all had more to do with Ritsu feeling like she was being abandoned by Mio more than anything to do with Nodoka. You should have paid more attention to the scene in Ritsu's room and the ones leading up to it.

Madao

i wanted more conflict.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Nooooo power just went out in my street!!! And my phone battery is running out. I miss electricity, where are you Misaka??

Yeah, I just wanted it to go on for a little while more. Stir up a little more drama in the group, have the other members scramble to try and get Mio and Ritsu close again, something!

I think the fact that they didn't need any outside intervention shows just how close the two of them are. And I don't like drawn out drama.

zroid

Banned
I need to see the movie. I haven't really been keeping up with anime for the last year or two so I completely forgot it existed... until earlier this week.

I need to re-watch season 1. :eek: I think it's time again.
I was talking about an episode of season 2, but you should watch K-ON! again, I wholeheartedly agree.
A picture I took a while ago.
Poor Ritsu.
I need to see the movie. I haven't really been keeping up with anime for the last year or two so I completely forgot it existed... until earlier this week.
Nice timing, as the movie is coming to Bluray here in like a few days or so.
Dolls seem more mom-friendly. Been wanting to get into them anyway.
Mom-friendly?

Stark

Banned
I was talking about an episode of season 2, but you should watch K-ON! again, I wholeheartedly agree.

Mom-friendly?

Well, re-watch both season anyway! It seems I barely remember most of the show.

I guess you weren't there. But all my figures are slutty and complete heresy to her no matter how covered they are.

Maybe dolls are safer is what I'm thinking, lol.

Well, re-watch both season anyway! It seems I barely remember most of the show.
Sounds like a good excuse to watch the show again!
I guess you weren't there. But all my figures are slutty and complete heresy to her no matter how covered they are.

Maybe dolls are safer is what I'm thinking, lol.

I just don't see how they'd be she'd be any more accepting of those...

Top Bottom