• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON!! Community |OT2| Ever Ever, Forever Shine!

Tired, sleepy...Work in 5 hours. Must go to bed.

Good night kongaff.
That's not talking, that's leaving! Good luck at work, though!

You watched Medaka before K-ON!, no? Then I'm not really that surprised you didn't catch it before.
Kinda... I watched the first few episodes back when it first came out and thought it was really bad so I stopped, but I got wrapped up in the manga a few months ago and started the anime again in March.

still didn't finish it

But she's like the best character.
Exactly my point! Plus she's one of the only ones
that actually keeps her powers as an adult, how cool is that

I've only seen the first season, and the only thing I know about the manga is hand-bra jeans.
Thanks Kazzy!
yeah the first season was pretty pointless with the genre switch and everything

But the manga is better in most ways. Except voice acting.

And jiggling.

You can kinda hear her Chitanda voice when Ritsu tries to act all cutesy.

She uses a higher octave for Chitanda, which is probably why.

Aki Toyosaki seems like she has a lot of range, it's just too bad pretty much every show she's in she's using the same voice...

Aki Toyosaki is pretty much famous for being Yui, so it's not surprising that many fans expect her to sound like Yui in every role now.

She uses a higher octave for Chitanda, which is probably why.
That, and she speaks in a more elegant, feminine way compared to Ritsu's harsher tomboy speak.
Aki Toyosaki is pretty much famous for being Yui, so it's not surprising that many fans expect her to sound like Yui in every role now.

Well yeah, most of the voice talent in K-ON! were pretty much unknowns before the show.
And yeah, I know she's been typecast as Yui, I'm just saying it's a shame that we don't hear more of her range.

Emitan

GkmZgF7.jpg

I need the manga now.

Articalys

Apparently, popular chiptune band Anamanaguchi had an open Q&A on 4chan's music board today because they have a new album releasing tomorrow, and among the questions fielded, one person posted a picture of the K-On girls and asked which was their favorite. Given the way they responded, they don't seem to actually know anything about the series, but their answer was
___Azusa___

cjkeats

Apparently, popular chiptune band Anamanaguchi had an open Q&A on 4chan's music board today because they have a new album releasing tomorrow, and among the questions fielded, one person posted a picture of the K-On girls and asked which was their favorite. Given the way they responded, they don't seem to actually know anything about the series, but their answer was
___Azusa___

Sounds like they know enough.

Emitan

___Azusa___

I used to respect them.

cajunator

Banned
___Azusa___

Ritsu is always the cutest one in these lineups.
simple observation.

___Azusa___

And all was right with the world.

Oh Grimmy, I'm not sure if The Shrine of Seven Days event sucks or not yet. It's only 24 hours but it will apparently reopen periodically. So maybe if it's available for a long time, opening every now and then, people can get enough talismans to actually get Jiangshi. Apparently 5-star demons from previous events have been appearing too so maybe this is supposed to be some kind of long-term thing where people who started playing later can get previous event demons. What does suck is 10 HP per investigate, you would have to level up a ton to get anything. I'm going to pass for now since I'm already level 62 and I don't want to level much more if at all until I'm done with Lady Suzuka's sealstone battlefield. I've gotten 2 of her mags so far, only 5 left! -_-

frequency

Neither is that always the case, and the elements I like about K-ON! are those which are firmly rooted in the minutia of everyday life. I'm a little apprehensive to term it wholly as "slice-of-life" because that can refer to many things, not all of them flattering. But judging be your comments, I get the feeling that we appreciate similar things.
♥♥♥

K-ON!! gives a little more focus to peripheral elements (and characters), pretty much by virtue of being twice as long. Though I wouldn't say that is to its detriment. In fact, I'd probably say that it only improves on the formula..
That is my favourite part. I was always impressed with the care and accuracy put into things like the instruments in season 1. Even commenting on the (real world) infamous weight of Yui's guitar choice.

The earlier episodes are probably a little more crazy antics, but as the show goes on, it becomes increasingly more melancholic.
I don't know how I feel about melancholic. I just don't like maximum goofy all the time. I like things to be grounded in reality and sense. Humour doesn't work for me when you lose sight of what is normal. "Outrageous" is only funny when you have a "normal" to compare it to.

I think what she means is that even those that didn't like her much in the first season will greatly appreciate her more come the end of the second season, and movie.
Almost everyone hated her in the last thread. And it never made sense to me. Is there less hate in this one?

I agree, it's one of the many reasons why I like Mio so much.
Mio was my favourite before Azusa.

There was nothing wrong with your English then!
Thank you for the kind statement. But I know I was impossible to understand a year ago. But I have had much practice now.

Almost everyone hated her in the last thread. And it never made sense to me. Is there less hate in this one?

The people who "hate" Azunyan are just bitter that their Keion is so vastly inferior.

And yeah, she only appears late in S1 and doesn't do a whole lot. S2 is mainly about her and so she gets a lot more time to grow as a character.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
The people who "hate" Azunyan are just bitter that their Keion is so vastly inferior.

And yeah, she only appears late in S1 and doesn't do a whole lot. S2 is mainly about her and so she gets a lot more time to grow as a character.

Mio's my fav, but I dun get the Azynyan hate either. Best nyan.

CRY MOAR

And play more Ayakashi, dammit!
no she's the best

A-and I play when I can...! I don't level up often ;_;

Thank you.

I used a dictionary and other English training books regularly. I still use them now but not as much and I am even starting to learn to recognise idioms.
You're welcome! So it's self-taught? If so, you must have done a very great job! Lots of progress in just over a year is awesome.

Top Bottom