• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON! Community |OT3| Keep on Keep on Singing Songs!

Morning all! When I woke up earlier, I thought it was Friday today....

tumblr_m9q855J7eU1r8z853o3_r2_250.gif

Ah well!

Dont remember if you were around when I posted pics of my K-ons. This thread lead to me buying 3 entire sets of them >_

lldwn6tuks.gif

I don't think I was... please do post a link to them! Also, I think I forgot to reply to you a few pages back when you asked if my collection was on myanimelist. It isn't, but I probably should get around to it... the problem is, there's quite a lot to put up!

Ah well!

I don't think I was... please do post a link to them! Also, I think I forgot to reply to you a few pages back when you asked if my collection was on myanimelist. It isn't, but I probably should get around to it... the problem is, there's quite a lot to put up!

Morning! And of course morning to everyone! Hope you have a great day :)

WebMD: It's Always Cancer!

I'm actually hoping it's aliens.

Somebody should do a MUGEN version of this.

I just came in and dont know the details but you have my support amish, we're here for you.

Thanks ;).

It's not Friday yet?

zIwKSPr.gif

Morning! And of course morning to everyone! Hope you have a great day :)

Good morning!

Hey to all!

Hay to all as well:
VMOyKS3.jpg

Uguu!

That pic reminded me of this for some reason:

801Vx8O.jpg

Uguu to you too!

qE3Hb6O.gif

What do you think of Kanon so far? Particularly interested in knowing what you think since you've already seen Clannad.

It's good...it has a surprisingly good mix of levity and drama, and does a good job of keeping the storytelling momentum going from episode to episode. Up through episode 17 now, should be finished in the next couple of days. At which point I'm thinking of starting on Utena.

It's good...it has a surprisingly good mix of levity and drama, and does a good job of keeping the storytelling momentum going from episode to episode. Up through episode 17 now, should be finished in the next couple of days. At which point I'm thinking of starting on Utena.

Ok. Feel free to PM me some impressions when you've finished. Or just post them in AnimeGAF or something if you want to.

Ok. Feel free to PM me some impressions when you've finished. Or just post them in AnimeGAF or something if you want to.

Yeah, I suppose I was a little brief there :p. I usually prefer to write something up on a series as a whole (or a chunk of episodes) than go episode to episode, so I'll try to do something along those lines.

Yeah, I suppose I was a little brief there :p. I usually prefer to write something up on a series as a whole (or a chunk of episodes) than go episode to episode, so I'll try to do something along those lines.

Haha. No, it was fine. Just want to know what you think after you've watched all of it too.

Look forward to lots of uguu~

Hehe

In Kyoto Animation news, the 5th Kyoto Animation Awards results have been revealed:
http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/kyoani_award/5th/

First time somebody won the grand prize!

Translation from here:
http://twitter.com/ultimatemegax/status/446629264998555648

Novel Category:

Grand Prize:

Violet Evergreen by Kana Akatsuki
Brief Review: A work suitable for our first Grand Prize. The writing clearly and simply conveys the author's message as well as allows the reader to imagine the character's emotions and scenes. It makes a strong case.
Its appeal draws the reader in and makes them want to finish it all in one sitting. Connected with how it strongly moved a lot of our judges, it was elected to win the Grand Prize.

Encouragement Awards:

Santa Claus's Friend by Masaki Kadokura
Brief Review: Though it carries a theme of "the love between a robot and human," the author skillfully crafts a story that attaches the speed of action scenes into ordinary life to vary the tempo up and down. Inside a peculiar, small setting, the characters come to life. It made us want to see what the work would be like with one more revision, thus we awarded it the encouragement award.

Yesterday's Love is Today's Dream by Mushiro Kuriki
Brief Review: With a strong obsession over peculiar phrases and font selection, this work's "writing" allows you to understand its heart. It matched with a unique world is this work's biggest appeal. We admire the author's ability to depict tension up until the very end, however there are some difficult to understand parts, so we awarded it the encouragement award.

Nobody won in the scenario or manga categories.

There's a chance that some of these will be turned into anime by Kyoto Animation. That happened with Chuu2, Beyond the Boundary and Free! that all got Encouragement Awards.

but nothing on ps3 appeals to me???

persona 5 not out yet

nintendo y u be cheap and not pay for bluray playback on wii u :(

I don't see how nothing appeals to you on a PS3 lol...

Persona is coming...so I would go that route since you at least want that in the future.

K-On! 09

The horrible truth revealed

Azusa has joined and finds out that it's more about cake and tea than playing music. Good thing one can trust Miss Yamanaka to help by... bringing costumes and headbands. No help at all then.

Another touching moment towards the end and the amount of comedy in this episode makes this my favorite so far in this dub re-watch. Good stuff.

K-On! 09

The horrible truth revealed

Azusa has joined and finds out that it's more about cake and tea than playing music. Good thing one can trust Miss Yamanaka to help by... bringing costumes and headbands. No help at all then.

Another touching moment towards the end and the amount of comedy in this episode makes this my favorite so far in this dub re-watch. Good stuff.

Maybe if there's ever a reboot they can have Azusa flip the table and rage-quit the club...and still come back the next day ;).

Top Bottom