• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON! Community |OT3| Keep on Keep on Singing Songs!

Boo! Come on! Do it for Mio!

moemoelkawo.gif

Buy it. The only thing you'll regret is not buying it.

Ooo I wanna know what it is.

You guys aren't helping...

Afternoon all!

Anyone have a job going in the next 6 months? Will travel :D Yep, it's all but an official announcement away (next Monday, in fact), but after a phone call with senior management earlier, it looks like redundancy is where I'm headed. Not feeling bad about it, just a bit weirded out as I've been through several threats of redundancy during my working lifetime, but none have come to pass... until now.

Staying positive!

Heya Amish :)

SPCv8Jr.jpg

Afternoon all!

Anyone have a job going in the next 6 months? Will travel :D Yep, it's all but an official announcement away (next Monday, in fact), but after a phone call with senior management earlier, it looks like redundancy is where I'm headed. Not feeling bad about it, just a bit weirded out as I've been through several threats of redundancy during my working lifetime, but none have come to pass... until now.

Staying positive!

I wish you all the luck in the world! Hopefully you find a even better job :D

Afternoon all!

Staying positive!

Wishing you all the best!

8aemcdr0.gif

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Afternoon all!

Staying positive!

*chibi Miku hug* Hang in there and keep those peepers open!

Mio looks good in anything... or nothing.

Fixed. ;P

I wish you all the luck in the world! Hopefully you find a even better job :D

Wishing you all the best!

8aemcdr0.gif

*chibi Miku hug* Hang in there and keep those peepers open!

tumblr_m7bfzjPioa1qegj01o1_500.gif

Thanks guys! I don't really have a strong idea of what job I'll look for, but I've got some experience and qualifications under my belt, so fingers crossed the right job will find me.

In other news, I watched the YY episode with Chinatsu's drawings... I was laughing so hard as her artistic efforts just got darker and darker as the story went on! I love this show :)

tumblr_m9fjqiFROJ1qbjzc4o2_500.gif

Afternoon all!

Staying positive!

Hoping for all the best for you.

Thanks amish. I have been solidly employed for the last 11 years within the same company, I'll admit I feel a little daunted at the prospect of having to find a new job, but I have plenty of breathing space while I look around... and go on a trip or two inbetween as well :)

Almost been here for 10 years...will hit that point next winter. I need to find a better job myself as I mentioned so I know how you feel when the thought of job searching comes across my mind. Feels scary

Almost been here for 10 years...will hit that point next winter. I need to find a better job myself as I mentioned so I know how you feel when the thought of job searching comes across my mind. Feels scary

It's tricky, as you get into the comfort zone of steady pay/knowing the job inside out, which ultimately becomes non-rewarding and a grind. The past couple of years after I was outsourced from the main company (but kept on) have been particularly dry... no real direction from management, no career progression, so it has been in my mind to try something different for some time. At least this way, I'll be paid a fair old chunk of change on my way out the door, and from everyone I've spoken with (including my manager) now is absolutely the right time to leave.

I would recommend you put the feelers out, run your resume to a few agencies perhaps... can't hurt to see what else is potentially out there.

Top Bottom