• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON! Community |OT3| Keep on Keep on Singing Songs!

More!!! I demand more Wideface. Wideface til the emd of thread, or one giant one that takes up all space til end thread :D

c8gaO.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just watching the K-On Let's Go concert again and it's a funny feeling stepping back in time.
(A lot of it is up here: http://randomc.net/2010/07/14/k-on-live-event-lets-go-2009-12-30-in-yokohama-arena/)

While the first concert felt like it was capitalizing on the popularity of the show for a quick cash grab, this one felt a little more genuine. The fact that the cast all learned how to play their instruments and performed Fuwa Fuwa Time on their own AND sobbing during the performance was enough to make that abundantly clear. (Given how S2 ends, it's also funny to think about how life mirrors art and so forth)

And after seeing all the actresses breakdown and cry, you have basically the most hype moment of the night:
WZKUDbvl.jpg

N5EogHgl.jpg

I can only imagine how insane that must have been if you were there. lol

I kind of wish they did a third, post S2 concert movie, but I guess by that time it was all about the movie and smaller live events.

It always amazes me the amount of effort the K-Ons put in to learn their instruments for a few songs during their live performances. Especially Yoko (Mio) who is naturally right handed but learned to play the bass left handed to match the character.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, they trained over the course of two years. And the left-handed thing is crazy. lol
It's cute during the concert too, because you can see them constantly looking down to check their fretting hand. I don't blame them of course.

LayLa

Yeah, they trained over the course of two years. And the left-handed thing is crazy. lol
It's cute during the concert too, because you can see them constantly looking down to check their fretting hand. I don't blame them of course.

I think it was only 10 months between getting the instruments and the first concert! There's a DVD extra of the day they are given their instruments, only Minako (Mugi) can play hers hence why she does a lot of the heavy lifting during instrumental passages. Not only does Yoko (Mio) learn the bass the "wrong" way round she sings at the same time as playing it, which is a really hard skill to learn.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
hey everyone how are you all doing?

bad day for me, can't get into studying. wish they would make a 3 season k-on college anime (yes i have the manga..) i want it. make it happen please?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think it was only 10 months between getting the instruments and the first concert! There's a DVD extra of the day they are given their instruments, only Minako (Mugi) can play hers hence why she does a lot of the heavy lifting during instrumental passages. Not only does Yoko (Mio) learn the bass the "wrong" way round she sings at the same time as playing it, which is a really hard skill to learn.

Yeah, I just watched that video earlier - according to the dates they list, it's 2 years. Of course I'm sure they weren't practicing full time anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYkx0TAIXWQ

Also poor Azusa ('s voice actress), she doesn't get to be a part of the unveil. :p lol

LayLa

Yeah, I just watched that video earlier - according to the dates they list, it's 2 years. Of course I'm sure they weren't practicing full time anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYkx0TAIXWQ

Also poor Azusa ('s voice actress), she doesn't get to be a part of the unveil. :p lol

that's 2 years between first practice & rehearsals for second concert though, first concert was December 2009 so roughly 10 months. seem to remember reading that Minako's mother is a piano teacher, so she probably had plenty of lessons when she was young (my mother is a piano teacher and all us kids can play a bit!).

that's 2 years between first practice & rehearsals for second concert though, first concert was December 2009 so roughly 10 months. seem to remember reading that Minako's mother is a piano teacher, so she probably had plenty of lessons when she was young (my mother is a piano teacher and all us kids can play a bit!).

I read this too. It really shows that Kotobuki-san is the most musically talented during their solos at their second concert.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Did they play their own instruments in the first concert? I don't remember.

Ayana always looked the most uncomfortable up on the stage.
Just like her character. lol

Top Bottom