• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON! Community |OT3| Keep on Keep on Singing Songs!

There are some weird things in the first season, like the girls always call Sawako Ms. Yamanaka, even when they call her Sawa-chan in the original. This was changed in the second season.

So why is it only a problem for first season anyways?
Alright, let me try and explain it.
Bandai Entertainment was in the business of licensing anime for the US market. They picked up K-ON! season 1 and released it in the US, but like a years later backed out of the anime distribution industry all together due to the anime market in the US to be shit. So they did not get around to releasing K-ON!! at all. It wasn't until a little later did Sentai Filmworks come in and pick up K-ON!! and later the movie. So for now, Bandai probably still owns the rights to the first season, but I'm sure Sentai is hoping at some point that they'll get to have the rights.

There are some weird things in the first season, like the girls always call Sawako Ms. Yamanaka, even when they call her Sawa-chan in the original. This was changed in the second season.
Yeah, despite the fact that its all the same cast, it seems like they tried localizing it completely different every time.
I've never tried it. I'm scared to hear different voices. >>; <<;
I think they did a good job of keeping the voices fairly similar to how the original voices sound. Save for probably Mugi, she just feels a bit off.

Bandai Entertainment was in the business of licensing anime for the US market. They picked up K-ON! season 1 and released it in the US, but like a years later backed out of the anime distribution industry all together due to the anime market in the US to be shit. So they did not get around to releasing K-ON!! at all. It wasn't until a little later did Sentai Filmworks come in and pick up K-ON!! and later the movie. So for now, Bandai probably still owns the rights to the first season, but I'm sure Sentai is hoping at some point that they'll get to have the rights.
stupid people pirating anime ;_____________________________;

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I think they did a good job of keeping the voices fairly similar to how the original voices sound. Save for probably Mugi, she just feels a bit off.

I like the interpretations of the characters, particularly smoky Mio, tomboy Ritsu, and phone-sex Nodoka.

... one day, I will work up the courage.

But today's not that day. Esp. since it's almost 11:00PM here.

CuH9wiV.png

Wow...
And they tried to nickle and dime people for it too!? That's a damn shame

No clue, all I've seen are the 3DS releases for that series. Is it good?

Hm... 3DS?

No idea. It's the only Kyoto Animation series that's not available in English on either a streaming service or on discs.

Well.... + that Munto TV series

Wow, I didn't even know about. I guess I understand now why places started cutting back on anime shelf space like they did.

Should maybe read that part 3 as well. Where they talk about the rise of streaming services.

Top Bottom