• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON! Community |OT4| No Music, No Smile!

I'll cut you!!!

tumblr_mibrw0EX891rs8l3oo1_500.gif

TUSR

Banned
Ah awesome! Tells us what you think, the movie is amazing too so make sure you check it out :)

Post some impressions then!

Do people get mad here for short length impressions?

I'm not saying that I am happy to see TUSR here, where I am in no danger of getting bit for chit chat, but I am happy for a unnamed reason.

Who did you commission to make that avatar?

Lewd belongs on Twitter!

Chariot

Sirry, I never looked at your avatar properly, always thought that it is a shadowy maya priest with his bag turned.

No, it's not. There is nothing lewd between TUSR and me, that would be outrageous.

I went for a more exaggerated foreshortening for his arm, guess I didn't do it right. orz
A bit more detailed thoughts regarding that arm.

jbhOMMVx46jBZf.png

(1.) The arm makes a weird turn from the hand and then don't fit with the line of the clothing. The fabric should follow the arm, especially since he is moving the arm in that moment.

(2.) This bulge make it weird. Again, while drawing the sword the fabric on that side should follow the line of the arm. It looks like his arm make a weird turn. Plus: since there is a bulge on the other side his arm seems go get thinner.

(3.) The bulges are weirdly massive. It looks a bit like Kenshin's cloth is actually plastic and someone pushed it in.

Please keep in mind that I am not a real art or anatomy expert. I just tell you, what strikes me personally odd. Also I have to complement you on the pose, it's generally a very exciting one, not one of these boring standing around ones.

TUSR

Banned
Myself. I just made my own take of the Kancolle mean while announcing my comeback after the ban. And then I decided that I might as well have an avatar with some personal touch.

There is surprisingly something missing from it.

I believe that is correct. All the OVAs were bundled to my blurays so hard to tell but I know season 2 had a few extra episodes. Not sure which one was classified as the OVA.

Holy crap, I just looked at the prices for the bluray box sets and movies. RIP Wallet. The GIF above is so accurate :S

Holy crap, I just looked at the prices for the bluray box sets and movies. RIP Wallet. The GIF above is so accurate :S

Not sure if you are in NA but ya here the first season is a bit hard to find some of it since it was split into 4 blurays and they are OOP. Second season isn't terrible though.

TUSR

Banned
Heh. Looks like season 1 has been added to Hulu now:
http://www.hulu.com/k-on

They've just added the 12 main episodes and not the extra 13th or the 14th OVA though.

All of season 2 is there and the movie too though:
http://www.hulu.com/watch/530567

But but im Canadian...

Not sure if you are in NA but ya here the first season is a bit hard to find some of it since it was split into 4 blurays and they are OOP. Second season isn't terrible though.

I did a quick look on Amazon to see what the prices were, anywhere else I should be looking?

The re-release of season 1 should be out before the end of the year though.

Will it be one package?

If I can vouch for the first set, the production quality is very high - it's certainly not a lazy cash grab and sits with pride of place in my collection. I'm delighted the first one sold well enough to justify a second set being released, but I can't defend the crazy pricing at all. It's ridiculously high, even I can admit that and I've just bought it! :\

But but im Canadian...

Will it be one package?

Hola Unblocker. And yes.

If I can vouch for the first set, the production quality is very high - it's certainly not a lazy cash grab and sits with pride of place in my collection. I'm delighted the first one sold well enough to justify a second set being released, but I can't defend the crazy pricing at all. It's ridiculously high, even I can admit that and I've just bought it! :\

He's talking about the US BDs, not the Japanese ones.

I did a quick look on Amazon to see what the prices were, anywhere else I should be looking?

I got everything but the second set from season 1 on Amazon. Got lucky on some and a 3rd party had them for a good price. I actually had to order the second set from S1 all the way from Belgium lol. Site there was selling US region copies of it for cheaper than anyone here.

If you subscribe you get it ad free on all devices. People who use the free version gets ads and can only watch on PC and mobile though.

Yeah, that's my point as to why Hulu is shitty as hell. How do they get away with people paying them, AND they still spamfuck everyone?

Chariot

Some phoenix wright shit.
Need to get into the mood.

Maybe I'll switch it to this just for you then. ;)

http://i.imgur.com/ueaRDeI.jpg

Also, grimace am cry.
haha, it wasn't critique, it just fell to my eye (in contrast to grimace *cough*

Anime is expensive. Other types of BDs are less expensive.
Yeah, but its the same with anime. Anime BDs aren't significantly more expensive than DVDs.

Amazon Example: Blood-C DVD 29 Euro vs Blood-C BD 33 Euro

Need to get into the mood.

haha, it wasn't critique, it just fell to my eye (in contrast to grimace *cough*

Yeah, I'm not a fan of that artwork at all, really.

I'll change my avatar back to something cute soon enough. Still not over the LeBron is back honeymoon. :D

I hate this with a passion.

Would be great if everyone wised up and dropped their subscriptions until they change.. They have good content, I'd gladly subscribe if they drop the ads

He's talking about the US BDs, not the Japanese ones.

Oh, my apologies.

In which case, I can say that the US editions I bought came from about 5 individual states in the US and varied from expensive to super-expensive, but I was a little late to the party in getting them, so... my own fault really.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
A bit more detailed thoughts regarding that arm.

jbhOMMVx46jBZf.png

(1.) The arm makes a weird turn from the hand and then don't fit with the line of the clothing. The fabric should follow the arm, especially since he is moving the arm in that moment.

(2.) This bulge make it weird. Again, while drawing the sword the fabric on that side should follow the line of the arm. It looks like his arm make a weird turn. Plus: since there is a bulge on the other side his arm seems go get thinner.

(3.) The bulges are weirdly massive. It looks a bit like Kenshin's cloth is actually plastic and someone pushed it in.

Please keep in mind that I am not a real art or anatomy expert. I just tell you, what strikes me personally odd. Also I have to complement you on the pose, it's generally a very exciting one, not one of these boring standing around ones.

Thanks for the critique. I'll keep in mind for the future! :D

Top Bottom