• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igo

vQYaK.jpg

Who might this be?

Alta1r

Oh, CCM.

What century do these dudes live in? http://www.allkpop.com/2012/01/korean-agency-representatives-voice-opinions-on-idol-marriage

And somehow they've missed the fact that Korea has married pop stars (when saying "married -> mc,actress")

Lol, that article has some great lines like:
The most important image for girl groups is ‘lovers of all men’.

If the idols experienced the emotional turmoil of teenage dating, they would be overwhelmed by their emotions and could be scarred.

MC Taengoo

Sounds amazing. I feel bad for the maknae though, she's going to be third wheeling it on the side.

Lol. The first ad banner that pops up is for wrist watch spy cams. Who was that? She's kinda cute.

lunlunqq

Anyone in the greater Boston area wants to go to NYC signing on Thursday? I really want to go but don't want to go alone. We can carpool if you are interested.

Alta1r

Me too, she looks stunning on that show. Still not sure if I'm gonna bother watching it with a heroine like that though.

Yeah, I think I'll probably pass on the drama as well. Gifs and youtube clips of Sica highlights are good enough for now.

Goddamn..

Anyone in the greater Boston area wants to go to NYC signing on Thursday? I really want to go but don't want to go alone. We can carpool if you are interested.

Oh snap, where are you in Boston? I have class on Friday but I'd consider going if the signing is free and/or fairly cheap.

tumblr_lymto8Ugct1qa9szto1_500.jpg

lunlunqq

Oh snap, where are you in Boston? I have class on Friday but I'd consider going if the signing is free and/or fairly cheap.

tumblr_lymto8Ugct1qa9szto1_500.jpg

I'm in the northwest, about 40 mins to Boston. I can go pick you up if we decide to go.

The fan signing does not require you to have a ticket, right? Do we have to pay for it? I thought it's just a free event. I may reconsider if we have to book tickets for it.

Peru

Sunny Hill ship their male member off to military service and become a girl group

20120130janghyunsunnyhi.jpg

Can you imagine being the sole male member of a k-pop group?

Fafnir

What's this, TaeNy and Maknae cockblock MCing Music Core...is this real life? News brightened up my day, weekly TaeNy goodness! Time to finish up my G8 and DB backlog to make room for this.

4Cp31.gif

T.O.P

Banned
Wanted to hold their first concert in four years, ‘Back to Vintage’

Vocal group Wanted have announced that they will be holding their first concert in four years at the AX-Korea Hall in Seoul!

Titled ‘Back to Vintage‘, this concert mark the group’s first live performance since ‘Seven Days & Wanted Concert‘, which featured Lee Jung as a special guest.

Wanted will be celebrating the release of their third album, which is also the first release in nearly five years. They had been focusing on individual activities due to several members being in the army, so fans are looking forward to their reunion on stage.

If you’re in Korea over the next couple of months, be sure to check out the concerts on March 31st and April 1st.

oh fuck, would love to go

Alta1r

I want to hear fanchants on Letterman, lol.

Lol, that would make my day even if they completely bombed otherwise.

I'm in the northwest, about 40 mins to Boston. I can go pick you up if we decide to go.

The fan signing does not require you to have a ticket, right? Do we have to pay for it? I thought it's just a free event. I may reconsider if we have to book tickets for it.

So the good news is that this announcement on Soshified doesn't say anything about a cover or tickets for the signing event. The bad news is that means it's probably going to be even more of a shitshow than otherwise. Hmm.. so getting there hours early and waiting around with mobs of probably teenage girls versus a chance to meet
and begin the official courtship of
Yoona. Gahh, let me get back to you about this, lol.

Unrelated: anyone know of subs for this Shin Sekyung episode of Happy Together?

More awkward looking kisses, lol:
tumblr_lyj5boG7Jt1rnksdjo1_500.png

Peru

20120201_miryo.jpg

Miryo's album is great - it's especially important to check it out since the title track (DIRTY) is the weakest on the EP! The disc is varied and impressive with great guest spots while still sounding like Miryo because of how she ties it together with her rapping, better here than ever before. But yeah, Dirty has a really vanilla production - her rap verses are still AAA there, but the chorus is safe-pop-territory.

Some real STOMPERS in addition to the gorgeous Sunny song

Niks

What's this, TaeNy and Maknae cockblock MCing Music Core...is this real life? News brightened up my day, weekly TaeNy goodness! Time to finish up my G8 and DB backlog to make room for this.

4Cp31.gif

Why oh why did they have to include Seohyun too?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist

Dice

Miryo's album is great - it's especially important to check it out since the title track (DIRTY) is the weakest on the EP! The disc is varied and impressive with great guest spots while still sounding like Miryo because of how she ties it together with her rapping, better here than ever before. But yeah, Dirty has a really vanilla production - her rap verses are still AAA there, but the chorus is safe-pop-territory.

I... agree?! This is getting creepy.

My view of DIRTY is more severe. I would say it's the shittiest song I have heard since Heart to Heart. Everything else, though... WOW. Some of the smartest production I have ever heard in kpop. Demonstrating outstanding taste for sound selection and self restraint to maximize dynamics overall and emotional impact for the vocals. Just incredible. Finally, YES. SUNNY. It's about time she got her chance to sing and be heard.

It's early, but Revenger has a chance to be song of the year in my books.

ryan-ts

Yep, agree 100%. Only part of the song I really liked is when she said "What The ****", I laughed for a good minute after hearing that. Miryo's rapping is almost always excellent in the BEG songs so it's hard for me to like this song despite the fact that her verses are great.

I... agree?! This is getting creepy.

My view of DIRTY is more severe. I would say it's the shittiest song I have heard since Heart to Heart.

Ouch, I didn't think it was that bad. That song is probably the one out of the five that won't get regular plays from me, so I can't say that bothers me too much.

I have to say overall I'm very impressed with the songs and as a big BEG supporter I'm glad to see (or hear I guess) another fantastic solo album.

I should probably get some things done today but with the Miryo songs and the SNSD performance tonight, I'm a little too excited.

Fafnir

Rumor is that Letterman will actually be interviewing Soshi as well. Wondering if the girls will be able to melt the snarkiness out of him or will he be flustered being surrounded by 9 beautiful girls that he resorts to being extra snarky as a defense mechanism for the aegyo. Although I'm positive they will be showing their mature sexy image instead of GEE GEE GEE.

avbsC.gif

Fafnir

Letterman website says Bill Murray and GG. I hope it's Bill as his reactions should be golden. Also hope that some SONEs make it into the audience, I would love to hear the fanchants while they perform on US TV.

AkgqkHOCMAA5FJp.jpg:large

Biscuits

Wow, the letterman thing is tonight? Can't wait!

Also the Miryo/Sunny song reminds me of the Untouchable single also featuring one of the BEG, which is a good thing.

Dice

Letterman interviewing SNSD with Bill Murray... this is going to be an all-time classic.

JustinBB7

Finally got my account verified after 4 months, been lurking this thread for a while now! (And OT1 as well)

Only got into K-pop around October last year, thanks to SNSD. Only listened to Oh! for a while and finally decided to try some other stuff from them and then got hooked. Watched Running Man with them in it and fell even more in love with them then before, and with Running Man.

Started to watch all Running Man episodes straight, took me about 3 weeks to catch up. One of the best shows I've ever seen.

Also really like IU and her You and I song, checked out the rest but that's not as good as that single to me though.

Besides that (All SNSD songs) I have some Kim Jong Kook songs, the SM Christmas album, Ring Ding Dong, Mr. Simple, Duet (which is Japanese right) and that song they play for Kwangsoo when he's shy around Yuri haha.

Should start checking out more stuff but I'm pretty slow. Just read Allkpop a few times a day and see if ISubs hurries up or not, they're really behind lately :(

Salazar

YzDXT.jpg

Actor Choi Minsik, who participated in the actors’ special episode of ‘Healing Camp, Aren’t You Happy’ aired on January 30th, expressed his exceptional affection for Girls’ Generation.

In contrast with his powerful and charismatic acting, Choi Minsik talked with his colloquial and delightful manners on the episode.

In the ‘Choose One From Two Speed Quiz’ segment, Choi Minsik chose Girls’ Generation over actress Han Hyejin, even though Han HyeJin was present. Upon hearing Choi Minsik’s decision, Han Hyejin asked him for the reason for the choice.

Choi Minsik replied, “Girls’ Generation seems to be very healthy. When I see the nine girls, it makes me feel healthy as well.” Hearing his response, Han Hyejin replied, “I am healthy too!” However, Choi MinShik showed his unchanging affection by replying, “I also like the fact that Girls’ Generation comes out as a group.”

When he was asked the question, “Is there any particular song by Girls’ Generation that you like?”, Choi Minsik answered ‘Tell Me Your Wish’. He then added, “When the girls asked us to tell our wishes as they danced, I often answered, ‘My wish is…. how are you going to grant it?’” causing the MCs to laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom