• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_lz5rb70Bi41qdtbipo1_r3_500.jpg

tumblr_lz5rb70Bi41qdtbipo2_r1_250.gif
tumblr_lz5rb70Bi41qdtbipo3_r3_250.gif

tumblr_lz5rb70Bi41qdtbipo4_r1_250.gif
tumblr_lz5rb70Bi41qdtbipo5_r2_250.gif

tumblr_lz5rb70Bi41qdtbipo6_r1_250.gif
tumblr_lz5rb70Bi41qdtbipo12_r3_250.gif

tumblr_lz6f2mPmca1qi7tp8o1_500.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
There is no tearing in that image. If you are using chrome, I suggest you switch to firefox to get graphic acceleration. Also, perhaps your videocard sucks.

wwlnd

Banned
It even says on the website where you post your massive gifs that Chrome causes issues so they recommend Firefox :p
yeah i wrote that. on my pc the site is completely unbrowsable in chrome, but firefox is ok. tearing is the same for me in firefox and chrome.

I thought it was only a small cameo. Is she going to appear more often in this show? She seems like a genuine romantic interest.

Ym1r

Ailee is crazy good, I saw that Halo performance a long time ago and instantly subscribed to her YouTube and Twitter, was waiting for her to debut for the longest time. The song is pretty good, not something I'd listen to everyday but her live is definitely killing it.

Dice

nobody needs to see mentally handicapped ajumma taeng almost accidentally kissing minho

Alta1r

You're gonna kill like half the people in this thread with that gif wwlnd, lol.

Sunny is fantastic, you shut up.

No tearing on Chrome for me.

Lol. Sunkyu is good and the song sounds fine. I prefer girls with a little bit deeper singing voices. I think the song could have been even better if they got a singer with a little bit more depth/gravity in her voice.

broz0rs

i'm checking out the Ailee vids on Youtube and all these comments like "wow.. she can sing." i'm just like uhh.. these idols are supposed to sing! smh

in any case, she reminds me of Gummy. it's good to see an attractive idol who can sing without heavy background tracks.

on a related note, check this performance of Halo at Kpop star (which has the most amazing singing kids ever)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMQMVISxdQc

Ashhong

i'm checking out the Ailee vids on Youtube and all these comments like "wow.. she can sing." i'm just like uhh.. these idols are supposed to sing! smh

in any case, she reminds me of Gummy. it's good to see an attractive idol who can sing without heavy background tracks.

on a related note, check this performance of Halo at Kpop star (which has the most amazing singing kids ever)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMQMVISxdQc

Sure all idols "can" sing, but very few of them can sing this well. I think that's what they are saying.

On a side note, goddamn BoA still looks amazing.

Nice! Take both of them. Just make sure the wedding is over the summer when I'm (hopefully) there so Yoong can be a bridesmaid and I can be one of the dudes that gets to stand up there on the other side and all will be good in the world.

You know I got your back on that one! *Brofist*

Congrats!!! What do you teach? I start to think that I should also consider seeking an opportunity to visit a Korean university some time soon. Maybe I can try the university Seobaby is attending right now... :)

Teaching English....Can't wait :D

I knew those years spent in college would one day pay off....haha

Alta1r

Yoong:

tumblr_lz6mib7VO61qd704zo1_500.jpg

Better than expected, tbh.

And wtf did they make maknae wear? That outfit is turrible. Looks like she drew the short stick on that one.

Ranvier

The Sunny Mirhyo song is decent but why does Sunny have to do that terrible high pitched voice? She sounds so bad when she does that. She actually sing really fucking well when she uses her normal pitch as proved here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGwVAbGFlZQ

Man if she keeps this up along with her recent "more-over-the-top-than-usual ayego" she's going to go into last place and useless Sooyoung is going to become number 8.

Need some Hyuri or Yueon to wash the bad taste out my mouf.

tumblr_lz59nxVZDh1qgfkiuo1_500.jpg

Peru

The Sunny Mirhyo song is decent ubt why does Sunny have to do that terrible high pitched voice? She sounds so bad when she does that. She actually sing really fucking well when she uses her normal pitch as proved here

Except she doesn't in this song? She sings cleanly without the cute affectation present in some SNSD songs. Yeah the Beautiful Restriction singing was great, but here she adds some personality and subtle touches.

Salazar

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/02/sidu...roversy-surrounding-jay-parks-new-song-wasted

Jay Park recently released his new full-length album ‘NEW BREED‘, and he faced some controversy regarding his track “Wasted“.

The song, as the title suggests, is about being under the influence of alcohol. Upon hearing the track, some of his fans have suspected him of actually being intoxicated while recording the song, and Jay’s agency has released an official statement regarding the suspicions.

A representative from Sidus HQ remarked on the 10th, “Jay Park just wanted to make the lyrics of the song come alive, and he was not actually drinking when the recording took place.”

“He was simply trying to effectively deliver the ‘drunken’ feeling through the song, and we understand that it may have been easy for the fans to misunderstand.”

Welp.

Girl's Day for Ash.

XDOK2.gif
mUbMb.gif
UfXdv.gif

xugPg.gif
ZIHk9.gif
MEB83.gif

BOA

gbcGk.gif
XlRIW.gif

Dice

You don't seem to have much understanding of singing. That video is not her "normal voice" and the song with Miryo is not a special way of singing. Her voice naturally spans the whole range and the video you posted is likely the lower end when you consider how much control she seems to show there and the way she has been singing other places like on IY. My voice covers 2 1/2 octaves but that doesn't mean I'm using some special higher pitched voice when I enter the tenor range.

Anyway, I like her voice. It's clean and sweet, though her vibrato is a bit odd. She doesn't come off shrill like some others
Jessica
when she sings in the higher ranges.

Alta1r

The Sunny Mirhyo song is decent but why does Sunny have to do that terrible high pitched voice? She sounds so bad when she does that. She actually sing really fucking well when she uses her normal pitch as proved here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGwVAbGFlZQ

Man if she keeps this up along with her recent "more-over-the-top-than-usual ayego" she's going to go into last place and useless Sooyoung is going to become number 8.

Need some Hyuri or Yueon to wash the bad taste out my mouf.

tumblr_lz59nxVZDh1qgfkiuo1_500.jpg

Lol, seriously. I was going to say it's just her natural voice and it can't be helped, but she sounds noticeably better in that Beautiful Restrictions clip. I mean she's not channeling the chipmunk in that Miryo song like she does in a number of Soshi songs, but that Mickey Mouse stuff can be toned down a bit.

250px-Mickey_Mouse.svg.png

Salazar

Stellar's full UFO MV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=94jVqSow0fM

Who was named as the #1 ‘bagel girl’ by idols?

During a recent recording for MBC Every1‘s ‘Weekly Idol‘, a few idols had the opportunity to choose the hottest ‘Bagel Girl’ (Baby Face + Glamorous Body) on the show’s ‘Real Chart! Idol Self-Ranking‘ corner.

The top winner came out be none other than SECRET‘s Hyosung! Idols who personally picked Hyosung explained, “Her face is like a baby, but she has an awesome body.”
After the results were collected, host Jung Hyung Dong called Hyosung on the phone to deliver the news. Hyosung chuckled and expressed, “I was always jealous of those who claimed first place on ‘Idol Self Ranking’. This is so amusing to me. I’m thankful to my peer idols. I will try and continue to present a good image of myself.” She finally concluded with information on SECRET’s current activities. ”We are planning to focus on our Asia tour for the first half of 2012“.
Don’t miss this segment when it airs on February 11th at 2:00 p.m. KST!

Dice

Lol, seriously. I was going to say it's just her natural voice and it can't be helped, but she sounds noticeably better in that Beautiful Restrictions clip. I mean she's not channeling the chipmunk in that Miryo song like she does in a number of Soshi songs, but that Mickey Mouse stuff can be toned down a bit.
*facepalm*

Ranvier

You don't seem to have much understanding of singing.
Anyway, I like her voice. It's clean and sweet, though her vibrato is a bit odd. She doesn't come off shrill like some others
Jessica
when she sings in the higher ranges.

You're right, I don't. I am just talking about things that personally sound good to my ear and the Sunny in Beautiful Restriction sounds way better then the Sunny in Echo or the Boys. Yeah her voice may range that high but to me it sounds really "put on." Like if Sunny was singing in the shower I feel like her voice would be more akin to Beautiful Restriction then Echo.

Yeah, Jessica seemed to struggle with she hit that "Naege" during the chorus of BR. But then again none of these girls have super amazing voices where you are like WOW. Taengo, Sica Fany, Sunny, cunning Maknae are all very good with Taengoo being the best out of the bunch but I've definitely heard better. Taengoo, like Sica seems to struggle with loud rises but sounds great when the tones are level and flat. I think Younha is much more talented vocally.

Mickey Mouse

/agreed

Yeah it's toned down but still sounds "put on" to me.

As for the SNSD songs I imagine them in the studio after Sunny sings her part the producer stares are her for a bit and says.

"we can go HIGHER"

Also, even though I think she's the most expendable in the group. I actually like Sooyoung's voice in small doses. It has an "airy" quality to it I can't really describe. Kinda reminds me of Phil Colins. Does anyone else get that?

yoona_kjp5.jpg

scaled.php

snsd_yuri_yoona-200907022034433.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom