• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm so fucking salty right now, you guys don't even know.....
Share my pain.

Swagger Award

ixwVxl4jcqmFq.gif

Gangster Award

ibjQCqVbL5S8dY.png

Alta1r

BAMF Award
It was a perfect tie and a BAMF doesn't need a fucking tiebreaker.

Leadership Award
i10vP3a2YJdjx.gif

Elegance Award
She dominated the vote.

Some other BAMF for fun (#3 and down):
  • Hyoyeon 10.2%
  • TOP 9.1%
  • Hyori 5.7%
  • 2NE1 3.4%
  • E.via 3.4%
  • Eunjung 3.4%
  • Kim Junsu 3.4%
  • Narsha 3.4%
  • Park Jin-Young 3.4%
  • Sunny 3.4%

Leadership ladder under Taengoo:
  • Chorong 10.3%
  • Gyuri 9.2%
  • Hyosung 9.2%
  • Hyomin 6.9%
  • Hyori 3.4%
  • Jaekyung 3.4%
  • Seohyun 3.4%
  • Sooyoung 3.4%
  • Soyeon 3.4%
  • Sunny 3.4%

Top 10 Elegance:
  • Seohyun 25.5%
  • Sooyoung 7.8%
  • Fany 5.9%
  • Gyuri 5.9%
  • Taeyeon 5.9%
  • YoonA 5.9%
  • Eunjung 4.9%
  • Hyomin 3.9%
  • Soyeon 3.9%
  • Hyori 2.9%

Alta1r

Share my pain.

Swagger Award

ixwVxl4jcqmFq.gif

Lol, that gif explains perfectly how he won. 4 T-ara members and not a single Soshi member in the top 10.

Swagger:
  • TOP 25.0%
  • Hyori 8.3%
  • Soyeon 6.9%
  • Eunjung 5.6%
  • E.Via 4.2%
  • Gary 4.2%
  • GD 4.2%
  • Hyomin 4.2%
  • Jiyeon 4.2%
  • Lizzy 4.2%

Dice

How does Lizzy have swagger?

Most Improved (General)

iQcmAWc4ElXyv.gif

Traitors!

Most Improved (Assets)

iwAAbzODkQy7B.gif

TlaXS.gif

Most Likely To Have Had Plastic Surgery

i04Q6Tl09sZiE.jpg

iXEeVMEGFxX7m.png

Deadly

I voted for B1A4 because the tiebreaker page made me choose one, and I thought the name "Boyfriend" for a group was fucking stupid.
This. Boyfriend is so fucking ridiculous.
I think K-Pop GAF needs to expand their horizons by going into OC's stream. SNSD is one of my favourite groups but I really don't think they should be that high.
Agreed. Honestly they promoted The Boys for the majority of the end of the year and sorry but it sucked. Mr. Taxi was alright but not top tier.

Which is to say another reason I didn't vote much is because it would mostly become a popularity contest instead of rationally saying who's actually better. At least in the more music-oriented categories.

damisa

I have no idea who Kim Kwang Soo is so I didn't vote for him. I originally tried submitting without voting for anyone for that question but it wouldn't let me.

Dice

Sexy Queen

iIwDpQw7V4snK.gif

deathbyhyunah97ljf.gif

hyunahhhhhe7u8.gif

I'm not editing these unless a mod asks. It's a special occasion and an honor.

Aegyo Queen

ibpYn8QxkTI7kb.jpg

Not that she isn't cute, but... do you guys spend much time looking at girls?
j/k responses where very diverse.

Selca Queen

idWmKs1x3i0IC.jpg

iL9KTDqXkPb8S.png

To be fair, Jaekyung takes half of Jisook's "selcas" as she hides inside something.

Fanservice Queen

iLx44HE5VeeT9.jpg

iAV5QuS2rvDxx.png

I agree because I think Taeyeon actually tends to shy away from fans if she's not on stage.

Variety Queen

iKfC58H5U9cOE.gif

Variety Group

ibc3xmvQlPe3JQ.jpg

By a landslide... SMH.

Deadly

We should have had it so plastic surgery went like "Name - wahtever they had done". Would have been still easy to sort right? Cause besides Park Bom being blatantly obvious, the other ones seemed very minor.

Alta1r

How does Lizzy have swagger?

Lol no clue.

Most Improved (General)

Hyo

Most Improved (Assets)

Dat maknae

Most Likely To Have Had Plastic Surgery

Most improved got a decently varied response, although some overlaps (like Suzy and Miss A, Hyomin and T-ara). Most improved assets had a 2nd place vote for Taecyeon. I couldn't tell if it was Taeyeon or Taecyeon, but I don't see anything different about Taengoo so I left it as is. That would have been the only vote for Taengoo anyway so it didn't affect anything. Plastic surgery was kind of funny as Taengoo barely beat out "Your Mom" for the lowest spot, lol.

Most Improved:
  • Hyoyeon 25.9%
  • A Pink 10.3%
  • Rainbow 10.3%
  • G .NA 5.2%
  • Gary 5.2%
  • Infinite 5.2%
  • Jiyoung 5.2%
  • Miss A 5.2%
  • Orange Caramel 5.2%
  • Sistar 5.2%
  • Suzy 5.2%
  • T-ara 5.2%
  • BEAST 3.4%
  • Hyomin 3.4%

Most Improved Assets:
  • Seohyun 27.4%
  • Hyoyeon 16.4%
  • Jessica 12.3%
  • Yura 8.2%
  • Yuri 5.5%
  • Hyosung 4.1%
  • HyunA 4.1%
  • IU 4.1%
  • Jiyoung 4.1%
  • Sulli (f(x)) 4.1%
  • Suzy 4.1%
  • Jiyoon 2.7%
  • Taecyeon 2.7%

Plastic Surgery:
  • Bom 13.8%
  • Hyoyeon 10.3%
  • Jessica 10.3%
  • Sooyoung 10.3%
  • Goo Hara 8.6%
  • Miryo 8.6%
  • Bora 5.2%
  • Hyorin 5.2%
  • IU 5.2%
  • Kwanghee 5.2%
  • Narsha 5.2%
  • Sunny 5.2%
  • Your Mom 5.2%
  • Taeyeon 1.7%

Dice

You forgot the wonderful submission for most improved assets: "IU, dat beetch growing up to be hella fine"

Alta1r

Which is to say another reason I didn't vote much is because it would mostly become a popularity contest instead of rationally saying who's actually better. At least in the more music-oriented categories.

How is any music rationally better than any other music? All this is a popularity contest. Even if you go get numbers of albums sold you're referring back to another popularity contest. What's technically more complex/difficult/hits higher notes/whatever else you want to put in here doesn't necessarily make music good, it just makes it technically complex/difficult/hits higher notes/etc. What sounds good in someone's ear is always subjective and will come down to a popularity contest.

Ranvier

How the hell does Hyo look like she's had surgery. She's the only person that looks exactly the same from "girls go to school" to now. Comparing soshi then and now, Sooyoung and Sica are garunteed to have had massive facial work done and taengoo definetly had her entire mouth redesigned.

And WTF at sexy queen. Hyuna??? Really? That broke ass slut. All you idiots who voted for her need to watch IY1. You'll realize she's a pock marked brat. Yuri should be the only sexy queen.

Deadly

How is any music rationally better than any other music? All this is a popularity contest. Even if you go get numbers of albums sold you're referring back to another popularity contest. What's technically more complex/difficult/hits higher notes/whatever else you want to put in here doesn't necessarily make music good, it just makes it technically complex/difficult/hits higher notes/etc. What sounds good in someone's ear is always subjective and will come down to a popularity contest.
True I suppose but there's always things like choreography where a rational choice can still apply.
How the hell does Hyo look like she's had surgery. She's the only person that looks exactly the same from "girls go to school" to now. Comparing soshi then and now, Sooyoung and Sica are garunteed to have had massive facial work done and taengoo definetly had her entire mouth redesigned.

And WTF at sexy queen. Hyuna??? Really? That broke ass slut. All you idiots who voted for her need to watch IY1. You'll realize she's a pock marked brat. Yuri should be the only sexy queen.
2011 awards man. Hyuna had bubblepop in 2011 and well that's the hottest shit of the year. Yuri was pretty hot in her solo concert performance but barely any of us got to see that. Plus she went through that curvy-super skinny-curvy phase.

So salty man gotta play less dota :lol

Damn....you were batting 1000 until I read the end.....smh

oc

peanutbutterchocolate

VXssA.jpg

filler

Banned

GOT EM!!

AllnaturalHyo should have won for sexy queen though.

Alta1r

Sexy Queen

Hyunah

Aegyo Queen
Variety Queen

Sunkyu

Variety Group
By a landslide...

Hyunah took sexy queen by a good amount. Doubled up her closest competitor. Here's the top 10:

• Hyuna 25.6%
  • Yuri 11.6%
  • Kahi 10.7%
  • Hyori 7.4%
  • Nana 7.4%
  • Sunny 6.6%
  • Bora 3.3%
  • Fany 3.3%
  • Qri 3.3%
  • Fei 2.5%

Sunkyu took both aegyo and variety pretty handily. Top 10 for those two, respectively:

• Sunny 34.0%
  • IU 8.7%
  • Taeyeon 8.7%
  • Jiyoung 6.8%
  • Minah (Girl's Day) 5.8%
  • Fany 4.9%
  • Lizzy 4.9%
  • Seungyeon 4.9%
  • Boram 2.9%
  • Eunjung 2.9%

• Sunny 33.8%
  • Sooyoung 18.5%
  • Jiyoung 10.8%
  • Bomi 7.7%
  • Taeyeon 6.2%
  • Hyomin 4.6%
  • Hyoyeon 4.6%
  • Jessica 4.6%
  • Soyeon 4.6%
  • Eunjung 3.1%

Selca and Fan Service had variety but were relatively uninteresting except a couple entries:

For Selca:
NotSoyeon 3.8%

For Fan Service:
Cube Ent. for sending signed Snow Pink to international fans 5.2% Max again? lol

Soshi dominated Variety Group. This was the #2 largest majority for any award, after only Grasshopper Jae Suk. Not sure who but someone listed Hyo separately. If that had gone into Soshi they'd have had a 68% majority.

Variety Group:
  • SNSD 63.6%
  • A Pink 15.9%
  • Rainbow 5.7%
  • T-ara 5.7%
  • HyoYeon 3.4%
  • Running Man Cast (They're idols to me) 3.4%
  • 2PM 2.3%

Dice

Best Male Group

i5wA8AO5CSvqq.jpg

iNEas62v3XIDC.png

Maybe if you count all their individual work as the group... maybe.

But only Seungri actually released anything individually in 2011 didn't he?
Big Bang's 4th mini was pretty disappointing compared to their past releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom