• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Damn so much makeup on them in the video. At least on Hyomin and Eunjung
That is a mix of dark circles from lack of sleep, watering eyes/rubbing eyes messing up their eye makeup, and swollen faces. Eunjung looks like she has been slapped around.

Alta1r

T-ara dominated the Idol of the Year award. Even with individual members in Soshi combined the numbers looks like:

• T-ara 53.8%
  • SNSD 26.4%
  • Kara 14.2%
  • Big Bang 2.8%
  • Hyosung 2.8%

Lol @ Hyosung. Sal, was that you?

Salazar

Sal, was that you?

nb9Og.gif

Maybe. Can't remember. Legit choice, tho.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Hey guys, forget all the winners.. how about the one group that didn't win a damn thing?

WASAP WE 2NE1

DIDN'T WIN SHIT

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
T-ara dominated the Idol of the Year award. Even with individual members in Soshi combined the numbers looks like
But Taeyeon got 3 votes. Did I miss some part where she went through hard times?

Riverfield

Neo Member
Wow, Back to da Future is above BLAQ Style...
I also like Brave Girls and all but come on.

I agree. I liked it, but it only had 3 new songs. Hard to say album of the year off of three songs. Also Korean reggae is still mind boggling to me.

Also surprised John Travolta Wannabe was up there. I mean, it's mostly Temptastic remixed.

ryan-ts

Following the awards was fun, I think the voting turned out rather well. Should we make a single post with every winner that could be edited into the OP?

JKTrix

Good stuff with the awards. Got distracted by some crazy BS here (gunshots in the neighbourhood) but at least it kept me awake.

ryan-ts

Best Hiphop Artist – Leessang
Best Hiphop Album – Leessang – AsuRa BalBalTa
Best Hiphop Song – Leesang - Turned Off The TV
Best Female Soloist – IU
Best Male Soloist – Tablo
Best Female Rookies Ever (before a certain rookie group came along this year) – A Pink
Best Male Rookies – B1A4
Best MV – HyunA – Bubble Pop
Best Choreo – T-ara - Roly Poly
Best Concept – T-ara - Roly Poly
Best Composer/Producer – Shinsadong Tiger

Best MC- Yoo Jae Suk
Best Hair – Taeyeon
Most Fashionable – SNSD
Ulzzang Award (best face) – Taeyeon
Airport Excellence Award – Taeyeon
BAMF Award – Jessica & Soyeon
Leadership Award – Taeyeon
Elegance Award – Seohyun
Swagger Award – T.O.P
Gangster Award - ....Support Slavery

Most Improved (General) – Hyoyeon
Most Improved (Assets) – Seohyun
Most Likely To Have Had Plastic Surgery – Bom
Sexy Queen – HyunA
Aeygo Queen (Cuteness) – Sunny
Variety Queen – Sunny
Selca Queen (likes to take pictures of themselves) – Jaekyung
Fan Service Queen – Tiffany
Variety Group – SNSD

Best Dance/Pop Song – T-ara – Roly Poly
Best Ballad Song – T-ara – We Were In Love
Best Male Group – Big Bang
Best Female Group – SNSD
Album Of The Year – Girls’ Generation (SNSD) – 1st Japanese Album
Artist Of The Year – SNSD
True Idol Award – T-ara

Peru

Couple of things since I missed out on the live awards... not Sica as airport/fashion leader? Taeyeon is great in so many ways but she has nothing in Sica in airport steez.. come on.

And I was the only one voting for Hyuna's hair???? I thought this was established! The hair is godly!

For the TRUE IDOL AWARD I felt Kara was the only reasonable answer.. since they actually came out on top. They stood up to shitty working conditions and won better contracts for their effort, more personal freedom, probably more money - and without losing any of their commercial success or relevance.

Bubble Pop was slightly better but I AM THE BEST is iconic and should've got some recognition.

Alta1r

And WTF at sexy queen. Hyuna??? Really? That broke ass slut. All you idiots who voted for her need to watch IY1. You'll realize she's a pock marked brat. Yuri should be the only sexy queen.

LOL. Hyuna deserves that award but this rant is still cracking me up.

We need nominees list next time for sure.

Yeah, definitely. I think after getting our hands dirty on this one we have a good number of fixes for next year, lol.

My 1 vote for Gyuri didnt even count as 1% in the sexy queen category......GYURI DIDN'T MAKE THE SEXY QUEEN CATEGORY!!!!! WHAT FUCKING BATSHIT BIZARRO WORLD AM I IN RIGHT NOW!?!?!!?!

AND FUCKING THE CUTEST GIRL IN THE WORLD, BORAM, ONLY GETS A 2.9% VOTE IN AEGYO!?!?!?!!?

SALT MOTHERFUCKERS!!!! SALT!!!!

Lolll.

tumblr_lj501dP4Cx1qb0b9ro1_500.gif

Alta1r

You know I was ready to come in here and start demanding a recount yelling things like "it was all rigged" but all in all it seems surprisingly fair. The evidence for this is that Kara and Yoona have won nothing.
Nipple of the year

Hwayoung!

Lolll.

Hey guys, forget all the winners.. how about the one group that didn't win a damn thing?

WASAP WE 2NE1

DIDN'T WIN SHIT

Hahaha. I thought you liked 2NE1 though, OC?

Alta1r

But Taeyeon got 3 votes. Did I miss some part where she went through hard times?

Lol, yeah I don't know about that. Although to be fair, there were some other "interesting" votes like Hyosung all the way across and Sooyoung more or less all the way across. Lol, but it's all good.

I think the real issue, like we talked about before, was having an option to put down up to three votes in each category. Looking at the results, ~70% of all possible fields that could have been filled were left blank, so the people that did vote for 2nd and 3rd spots in an award got a disproportionately larger influence on the outcome than the ones that didn't. I think if all 3 fields were mandatory we'd have had a lot more robust data set and some of the wrinkles like Taengoo getting 3 votes for Idol of the Year or Gyuri not showing up anywhere at all
lol
would have been wrinkled out just by the sheer amount of data. Simple radio button style like the tiebreaker is probably best for actual award voting though, so maybe mandatory two choices for nominations might be a good idea. But all that's for later.

I agree. I liked it, but it only had 3 new songs. Hard to say album of the year off of three songs. Also Korean reggae is still mind boggling to me.

Also surprised John Travolta Wannabe was up there. I mean, it's mostly Temptastic remixed.

Temptastic was pretty awesome though. Toss in Roly Poly and I Love You So Much and I thought it was a pretty sexy album. I think for the most part Roly Poly carried the album though. I know personally, when I like a song that much, like I like Roly Poly, even if the other songs on the album are crappy, I'll take that album over another album with all decent songs on it.

Good stuff with the awards. Got distracted by some crazy BS here (gunshots in the neighbourhood) but at least it kept me awake.

o_O Gunshots??

KARA fancam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2IXIndtWfI&feature=related

No words. What the fuck happens at 1:18, tho. Gyuri just boosts up on stage, lol.

What in the f*ck...wow, no words is right, lol.

Peru

Oh my whaaaa. Where and why did they meet? It's like the crazy pop genius powers of Japan are drawn towards each other.

I found it a bit surprising she's as short or even shorter than they are but I guess one of the members is the same age as her (19).

Missed the generals, caught the tiebreaker. Voted B14A, by accident, thinking they were AA. While not great, the little time I spent listening to AA seemed more palatable than what I remembered of the little bit of time I spent listening to Boyfriend.

Voting, and thread contributions, should improve once folks who clench to ~2-3 acts hopefully begin to broaden their horizons.

They always put too much on Qri. Always.
True facts.
Like a cartoon character. Most of the Qri contingent won't admit that, though.

Goo bombs are allowed, the rest of Kara can stay on tumblr.
What's a "tumblr?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom