• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
SNSD filming a cf. Little Red Riding Taeng <3
jJkIHjln33ca8.jpg

Peru

Gotta hit the sack for tonight, but in the spirit of the thread today.. these parting words are for Sal...

Wrap me up like a gift
Whisper in my ear, say I'm the shit
Can you feel my eyes on your lips
Tears in your mouth give me a kiss
Now bring your body closer
Pin me to the wall like a poster
Tonight's your turn, so baby order
Now I'm biting on your body like an hors d'oeuvre

Alta1r

hottest girl in kpop atm[/IMG]

Lies. Hyuna's hot, but let's not get carried away here. Hyuna's got the sex. Yoong's got the beauty. Hyori's got the sex and the beauty, despite the fact that she's self-admittedly starting to sag.

Zr6or.jpg

no?
defending your waifu aside

Ew. On an unrelated topic, I can't look at her and not think of a rat. Or some other small furry rodent. Like the maknae. Maknae looks like she would enjoy a hamster wheel.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
4PbrN.gif
1z9Qz.gif
JMdwa.gif

She's not even doing anything and she's so sexy.

HyunYoung
NPBhc.jpg

she needs to stay brunette. the blonde for pixie was ng.

Alta1r

4PbrN.gif
1z9Qz.gif
JMdwa.gif

She's not even doing anything and she's so sexy.

I feel kinda bad about this, but Nicole at her current weight is an attractive woman. Not Yoong or Sica or Hadami standards, but definitely a head turner. Except, I think she's in her anorexic state right now and her normal round face is the real "normal" Nicole, which is why I don't want to promote this. Her and a little bit of weight is like a light switch between sexy idol and ahjumma, moreso than any other idol.

tumblr_m111fqne5X1rq6e49o1_500.jpg

Safety pants are genius. Super short skirts that MOGEF are powerless to ban.

Yeah. I mean personally, it's not even the MOGEF factor. It's more that yeah, minus the safety pantsu, I know what she's got going on down there. I'm guessing for all of us here, it's not a new sight. And clothes that hide and tease what's going on are a lot sexier IMO than just straight up exposure. Especially when it's just panties and a 14 year old girl,
lol, sorry OC/whoever it was in your stream that wanted her nuts
. I like the pantsu, cause it takes the focus enough away from just straight sex, but still teases it enough that you're like "dayam."

Alta1r

I seriously think Fany has some sort of phobia about showing her forehead. Enough people must have made fun of it in the past that now she can't not cover it up. Like some sort of traumatizing experience or something, cause this shit is just annoying now. Like seriously, even idols that have every other second of their day planned out have a larger variety of hairstyles in the last few weeks than Fany's had in months, if not years. And the worst part is is that she looks much better without the bangs. Like Ranvier mentioned, bangs to not bangs is like equine to homo sapien.

giri

Anyone know where i can get eng subs of Kara - Come to College. Can't find any on youtube.

Also, IY2 is getting better, but it feels like such a second rate show compared to the first season. I think part of it is because you don't seem to spend so much time with the girls, it seems to be the Hosts talking a lot more, and there seems to be less activity around producing their own produce etc. And the hosts are just worse than last seasons. so you really haven't seen much of their personality at all.

Add onto that it feels really forced....

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Running Man made me fall in love with Lee Minjung. She is very serious/determined yet aloof at the same time; the paradox gives her a mysterious allure. You know, aside from being completely gorgeous.

Peru

Not exactly 'Running Man', but let's hope someone subs it anyway

While fans have been able to catch Lee Hyori busily working and promoting charities, there haven&#8217;t been many opportunities to see her on TV. Fans are in for a treat, as Lee Hyori has announced that she&#8217;ll be participating in a 12-week reality program titled &#8216;Golden 12&#8216;!

&#8216;Golden 12&#8242; aims to turn the focus away from her celebrity activities to her social life, where she works as a spokesperson for various societal problems and issues. For a while now, she&#8217;s been showing her support and interest in abandoned animals, suicide, the impoverished, and the elderly living alone by communicating actively with her fans on social networks.

&#8216;Golden 12&#8242; will be taking a deeper look into her thoughts on these issues, as well as shed some spotlight on her circle of &#8216;social club&#8217; artists like stylists, designers, singers, photographers, and writers who all come together to discuss ways of achieving their goals by running campaigns or opening bazaars.

Each week will be broken up into a specific lifestyle topics like vegetarian diets, living environment-friendly, taking time to appreciate life, pets, detox, and others.

PD Kim Hye Young commented, &#8220;This program will be of big interest to women in their 20s and 30s. We&#8217;re sure that they&#8217;ll be able to find answers to their own questions after taking a glimpse into Lee Hyori&#8217;s life.&#8221;

One thing K-pop has got over J-pop... we may get Twi-Light, but this could never be a top tier group

20120312_sexyzone1.jpeg

Salazar

A lot of these new boy groups seem almost deliberately tedious, though.

I mean, SHINee have a sort of ebullience, and Big Bang tend to goof off, and at least SuJu try to be engaging in a sort of active, sociable way.

The detached cool thing probably (undoubtedly, in fact) works for a whole bunch of fangirls, but it sort of smothers the variety angle.

Tippany photo shoot; is that Engrish "greatful" said:

vanty

One thing K-pop has got over J-pop... we may get Twi-Light, but this could never be a top tier group

20120312_sexyzone1.jpeg
lollers

Johnny & Associates's CEO Johnny Kitagawa said, "The group name came from Michael Jackson's sexiness". He chose the members considering about "Sexiness of men".

Then their debut song sells basically a quarter million copies. Fucking old man Johnny, could sell a stool sample and it'd hit #1.

Peru

Uncanny. The book and movie scarred me for life. I genuinely looked for women wearing gloves while out in public and counted myself lucky I'd seen my female relatives without them.

So SHINee actually do have Sherlock style costumes for the music video
ovUx3.jpg

Its pretty odd having promo costumes completely different from the concept, but i guess Super Junior did it with Mr. Simple too.

Salazar

Uncanny. The book and movie scarred me for life. I genuinely looked for women wearing gloves while out in public and counted myself lucky I'd seen my female relatives without them.

Both are works of immaculate genius.

Hyoyeon going to get MOGEF'd driving like this.

hMYMP.gif

luso

So SHINee actually do have Sherlock style costumes for the music video

I wonder how they decided on this concept "Sherlock"... Maybe someone saw the Sherlock movies (the ones Robert Downey Jr.) and thought "Hey, that would do a good concept!!" and voilá!

Hyoyeon going to get MOGEF'd driving like this.

hMYMP.gif

Like a boss (Luckily for HY that Seohyun was not around).

Posted a few pages before but forehead Fany:
tumblr_m0z1qr7jLY1r4vkkco1_r1_250.gif
tumblr_m0z1qr7jLY1r4vkkco2_r2_250.gif

tumblr_m0z1qr7jLY1r4vkkco6_r1_250.gif
tumblr_m0z1qr7jLY1r4vkkco5_r1_250.gif

Salazar

I wonder how they decided on this concept "Sherlock"... Maybe someone saw the Sherlock movies (the ones Robert Downey Jr.) and thought "Hey, that would do a good concept!!" and voilá!

I get the impression that idols watch a completely ridiculous amount of movies.

luso

I get the impression that idols watch a completely ridiculous amount of movies.

Probably yes but the management people are the ones deciding the concepts. Whatever idol group is, SUJU, SNSD, T-ara or whoever is the have to swallow what management proposes (even if they can discuss and propose some details - and only few groups can do this for sure), and with some luck it is a good one.

Peru

Probably yes but the management people are the ones deciding the concepts. Whatever idol group is, SUJU, SNSD, T-ara or whoever is the have to swallow what management proposes (even if they can discuss and propose some details - and only few groups can do this for sure), and with some luck it is a good one.

"Management people" is a bit of a misnomer. There's a 'concept team' and the team leader seems to have a lot of freedom based on her personal whims, without without her bosses interfering.

SM Entertainment’s visual directing team leader, Min Heejin, stated, “After hearing ‘Gee’, we wanted to create an ’80&#8242;s Brooke Shields/Phoebe Cates image, so we had them wear white t-shirts with jeans, or the colored skinny jeans.” She said she chooses the outfit concepts by matching them with the first image she’s struck with after hearing the song. The sexy uniforms for “Tell me Your Wish” and the cheerleader concept for “Oh!” were completed the same way. She also got the image of Jessica Alba in the film “Sin City” after hearing “Run Devil Run”, and the Bond Girl image from “Hoot”.

For their latest single, “The Boys”, to fit the confident lyrics and music, she chose a “heroine” concept. Unlike their previous unified outfits, this heroine concept emphasized each members’ individual charms and tastes or preferences. However, each member was still unified with each other with modified equestrian uniforms and training outfits. Each member also freely switched up their costumes by wearing skirts, hot pants, pants, capes, and jackets. This could have been unfamiliar to those who remember the nine members wearing the same exact outfits.

Team leader Min stated, “I got some inspiration by watching the finale of the fashion show for the lingerie brand, Victoria’s Secret, where all the models appear together, all wearing different types of lingerie.” She revealed, “‘Healthy girls’ will be the ground rule of Girls’ Generation’s future concepts.”

Conceptor

Also, IY2 is getting better, but it feels like such a second rate show compared to the first season. I think part of it is because you don't seem to spend so much time with the girls, it seems to be the Hosts talking a lot more, and there seems to be less activity around producing their own produce etc. And the hosts are just worse than last seasons. so you really haven't seen much of their personality at all.

Add onto that it feels really forced....
The last episode I watched was the ice sliding/snow one but I more or less agree with what you've said. The host trio is, imo, terrible together and I hate how they just dictate what everyone is doing without any form of freedom. IY1 also had a great cast of locals that enhanced the show, and it doesn't quite feel that way in IY2 (not to take away from any of them this season though). It is getting better (I guess everyone's figuring out their role) so I haven't dropped it altogether.

MBLAQ HB is hilarious though and I sometimes wonder how the PD crew let certain things air considering what the premise of the show is :lol.
like wtf @ Joon an episode or two ago LOL

Also hi fiddle, you da best :>

XF4HW.gif

vanty

So Minzy just tweeted a link to a HD version of the Scream video, uploaded by a 'samantuke1'. I thought it was a little funny that she's promoting a link to what avex would surely regard as an illegally uploaded video and soon issue a takedown for it, then I click on the username and it claims to be the official 2NE1 channel, copy and pasting text and links from the actual youtube.com/2ne1 page except updated with more details.

But this Scream video is at over 600k views now and still up, so maybe avex have finally realised having full videos on YouTube isn't a bad idea. Still would be a better idea to do it themselves instead of relying on weirdos to do it.

luso

"Management people" is a bit of a misnomer. There's a 'concept team' and the team leader seems to have a lot of freedom based on her personal whims, without without her bosses interfering.

Ok, management is not the right word, but I wanted to say the people deciding concepts, whoever they are.

SM Entertainment&#8217;s visual directing team leader, Min Heejin, stated, &#8220;After hearing &#8216;Gee&#8217;, we wanted to create an &#8217;80&#8242;s Brooke Shields/Phoebe Cates image, so we had them wear white t-shirts with jeans, or the colored skinny jeans.&#8221; She said she chooses the outfit concepts by matching them with the first image she&#8217;s struck with after hearing the song. The sexy uniforms for &#8220;Tell me Your Wish&#8221; and the cheerleader concept for &#8220;Oh!&#8221; were completed the same way. She also got the image of Jessica Alba in the film &#8220;Sin City&#8221; after hearing &#8220;Run Devil Run&#8221;, and the Bond Girl image from &#8220;Hoot&#8221;.

For their latest single, &#8220;The Boys&#8221;, to fit the confident lyrics and music, she chose a &#8220;heroine&#8221; concept. Unlike their previous unified outfits, this heroine concept emphasized each members&#8217; individual charms and tastes or preferences. However, each member was still unified with each other with modified equestrian uniforms and training outfits. Each member also freely switched up their costumes by wearing skirts, hot pants, pants, capes, and jackets. This could have been unfamiliar to those who remember the nine members wearing the same exact outfits.

Team leader Min stated, &#8220;I got some inspiration by watching the finale of the fashion show for the lingerie brand, Victoria&#8217;s Secret, where all the models appear together, all wearing different types of lingerie.&#8221; She revealed, &#8220;&#8216;Healthy girls&#8217; will be the ground rule of Girls&#8217; Generation&#8217;s future concepts.&#8221;

I just don't see here the idols themselves having a word on the concepts. In this text, only last SNSD album The Boys is mentioned regarding the members getting involved, and this because SNSD has some power due their achievements. For sure they didn't had a word about waving a lollipop in Kissing You... And most of the idol groups just have to follow orders.

I just want to say my perception is most of the idols have to follow what is told to them and don't have much to say about their own concepts, at least in earlier years.

Peru

I did not quote that to argue that they were involved in their styling, just to point out that the creative team is different from the big bosses or managers. We do know that for some other labels and groups the idols have been much more involved, though, so generalizing is no good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom