• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyFaith

oooo the shade up in here...

iSqX5o6d8fS7Z.gif

Peru

questionmark, det er ikke mitt problem at du ikke skjønner deg på standard engelsk som går litt utover de enkleste setningene du lærte på barneskolen.

Meanwhile, preview of Yuri's Bazaar shoot

Screen-Shot-2012-06-25-at-6.01.07-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2012-06-25-at-6.00.51-PM.png

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Too bad Hyuna saves up ALL of her awesome for solo performances. Meanwhile, Sohyun is great everywhere.

questionmark, det er ikke mitt problem at du ikke skjønner deg på standard engelsk som går litt utover de enkleste setningene du lærte på barneskolen.
So is this like when someone breaks out into english on kdramas?

Dice

Yo dawg Crayon Pop really is good. They remind me of early Kara, so charming despite giving such an amateur vibe. The song is really good, too.

ryan-ts

Yo dawg Crayon Pop really is good. They remind me of early Kara, so charming despite giving such an amateur vibe. The song is really good, too.

Truth, everyone should check them out.

Jesus christ you've lost your mind.
Dice is just a little enthusiastic.

Damn. This is going to be one helluva boring summer song, isn't it? Sistar was on a roll. :(

Probably. Oasis by the Brown Eyed Girls will always be my K-Pop Summer song though.

Dice

There are plenty of good singers who release stuff that gets hella boring rather quickly. Such was true of Spica's songs and Ailee's shit song wasn't even good for one listen. My single measure for rankings is my personal enjoyment.

Selane

Oasis by the Brown Eyed Girls will always be my K-Pop Summer song though.

If there's one song that I think of when I think of Summer, it'd probably be Etude.

As for Sohyun, I have nothing against her, but her beak-like upper lip kind of freaks me out. Almost as bad as that gummi worm Sulli likes to call an upper lip.

And I agree that Jihyun isn't talented, but damn is she hot.

luso

NeoGAF K-pop 2012 First Semester Awards

BEST SOLO
1. IU

BEST DEBUT
1. Girls' Generation - TaeTiSeo

BEST MV
1. T-ara - "Lovey-Dovey"

--

BEST MALE GROUP
1. Big Bang 183
2. EXO 61
3. Infinite 37
4. SHINee 31
5. Shinhwa 22
Busker Busker 14
MBLAQ 12
CN Blue 7
SE7EN 6
2 AM 4
U-KISS 2
JJ Project 1
FT Island 0
Teen Top 0

Beside the voting, people wrote in Special Mentions :
BEAST
Mighty Mouth ft. Soya
Solid -> I suppose this group?

Vote distribution:
iIUY3GRIXcXzE.png
ikipeRrgYmUoh.png
i2CgNImOeCXpU.png

Not much competition in this category, Big Bang love is known in GAF.
And with two albums they were active all this half.
EXO for a rookie impressed, for me Infinite was a good surprise.
And many people only voted for first place, not sure how this impacted the following places.

Peru

Yes Peru, we all know you don't like cute things.

Err, it's all about the songs. And personality. Anything that separates a group. None of which this crayon thing has. Song is half-decent, better than some of the worst rookie groups, but that's not saying much.

I've liked several cute songs/groups, and I didn't find this group to be annoyingly cutesy. Dead-faced members didn't instill much confidence in future performances, however.

Kuno

d4kVQ.jpg

cGylO.jpg

lEa0X.jpg

Just wanted to show my support and say that this Crayon Pop song is the shiznit. The girls are cute, the dance is fun and the song is awesome. So what if they seem like "budget" idols? Hopefully they can get on some shows with this song.

I went ahead and did a re-balance of the audio and inserted it back into their MV. If anyone wants it, they can grab it >here<!

RubyFaith

awwwww yeah, get some Crayon Pop loving going on. Love while you still can, they're probably the biggest nugus right now and will disappear like half the members in Taken.

Just don't touch my waifu Soyul.
ibgDwO8mULX9Rm.gif

Just wanted to show my support and say that this Crayon Pop song is the shiznit. The girls are cute, the dance is fun and the song is awesome. So what if they seem like "budget" idols? Hopefully they can get on some shows with this song.

I referred to them as budget because their music video looked cheap, which is a good signifier that their company doesn't have the money to promote them well. They've been quite a few groups debut with good songs but struggle to get regular appearances on music shows.

My favourite example is a classical girl group who debuted last year called 'La.g' (not to be confused with Lay.T) they released a two track mini and didn't get to appear on any music show. This was one of songs called 'Don’t Be Mistaken'
http://the-rain-never-ceases.tumblr.com/post/3338405986/dont-be-mistaken-la-g-ver-by-la-g

Chi Chi have a comeback soon. Whats the odd of them returning with a song a good as 'Longer'?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qFrXfjaSQA

Wow, I'm really loving this song Montage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-mNXYebIBs&feature=plcp.
Thank you K-Crunch Indie. The guitars, bass, his voice... they're so addicting! Na na na na~

Yup, they stood out on last weeks Music Core:
https://vimeo.com/44568312

Dice

Glad to see others are liking Crayon Pop, but I feel it must be said...

SkrGy.jpg

If these two aren't twins, I just came down with a new case of ALS syndrome.

RubyFaith

They are twins. Probably my second favorite in the group. GOD I HOPE THEY'LL BE ABLE TO PROMOTE.

are-you-ready_final.jpg

For another song where CL does all the work, Minzy backs her up, Bom's tired voice tries to sing the chorus and Dara just does whatever she's told to look productive? Ok.

Dice

They are twins. Probably my second favorite in the group. GOD I HOPE THEY'LL BE ABLE TO PROMOTE.
If they aren't able to promote after some of the shit groups I've seen this year got a good chance, I will be a bit upset.

RubyFaith

My interest for D-unit (terribad name, btw) has peeked. Midget's sister is of great interest to me.

If they aren't able to promote after some of the shit groups I've seen this year got a good chance, I will be a bit upset.

I'll just be upset period.

Peru

It would be so cool if D-Unit debuted with some loud angry stomping thing like B.A.P's Warrior. Probably won't, though.

Oreoleo

Oasis by the Brown Eyed Girls will always be my K-Pop Summer song though.

I haven't been able to find a download for this single aaaanywhereee D:
edit- wait these songs are on leave ms kim? how the fuck did i not know this? fake double edit- oh because the english wikipedia tracklist is all in korean cause they're dumb. awesome.

I've been rocking Bulggeun/Suddenly Song a ton lately. I don't know anything about it or where it's from but Miryo has like 3 verses so it's automatically awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom