• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conceptor

ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
bj9T3sr.jpg

Sulli, from the latest RM

dokish

Banned
Hello guys. If anyone that comes to Korea is interested in doing some volunteer work, experience something really new and unique while visiting the country, having valueable moments and rare chances to interact with koreans in a different way, I recommend that everyone goes to Angel House. I have been there. I'm gonna put a link below with a english-speaker native explaining how it works and what kind of other volunteers work you can do in Korea. Even if you are not interested, is worth a look because you can tell your friends about it.

Link: http://www.myseveralworlds.com/2012...y-about-volunteering-at-angel-house-in-seoul/

A picture of me cooking!

Peru

20130120_1358687635_75887300_1.jpg

YG's totally in love with BoA. On today's K-pop Star she basically trained some scrubs into contention and got all her trainees except one to the next round. YG was so impressed he repeated "Lee Soo Man, if you're watching, promote BoA to vice president".

tumblr_mgw5bo7uP21qakktso1_250.gif

viewers agree voting for best judge at the moment

8398568432_85ca9191e7_z.jpg

Quadratic

Anyone catch the Golden Disk awards? T-ara got a 16 minute stage! Some really good remixes of Lovey Dovey and Roly Poly. Hope things are better for them in 2013. Are their Korean careers pretty much dead?

Pendulum

lol Nicole

Reminds me of when she did that taboo-type game on Star Golden Bell. The things that go on in her head...

Anyone catch the Golden Disk awards? T-ara got a 16 minute stage! Some really good remixes of Lovey Dovey and Roly Poly. Hope things are better for them in 2013. Are their Korean careers pretty much dead?

I don't think you can write them off just yet. I think some of the issues surrounding the Sexy Love comeback was because it was all so new, people were annoyed, and obviously the girls were really upset. Hardly any live stages, lack of variety shows, etc. Of course, much of it has to do with the strength of their next song and concept, but if they continue to step up and regain their confidence (e.g. Hyomin recently on Vitamin, 16 minute live set at the GDs), I think they can convert some of that into some kind of success in Korea. Yea, there will be antis that will always have a grudge and throw eggs, so will they ever repeat the success of 1-2 years ago? I'm not too sure. But I want to see them try.

Short answer. Probably, and will need the next song to by dynamite to have any hope. Definitely over if they add Dani.

No No Eul

iKoqcF3k10jJL.gif

IGaB performances are getting worse and worse. Inkigayo last night was so bland (Sunny's vocals were awful and Taeyeon looks so tired...)

It's alright. In a few weeks time, they'll wrap up promotions for I Got a Boy and have a nice long break two month tour of Japan. T_T

IGaB performances are getting worse and worse. Inkigayo last night was so bland (Sunny's vocals were awful and Taeyeon looks so tired...)

If it was live then I don't blame them. They performed for the very first time in the Philippines the day before Inkigayo. I don't know the exact details of the concert, but the last flight out of Manila to Seoul is at 1AM and it's a 3-4 hour flight. Assuming they immediately left the country after the concert, they'd get back to Seoul around 5am. The exact time they go on for their hair and makeup.

I've made that same flight more than 3 times and I can tell you, no matter where you're sitting(first, business or coach) that flight is exhausting as hell. You're really not gonna be able to get any rest since it's such a short flight. Close your eyes and next thing you know you're about to land in Incheon. >__<

YG was so impressed he repeated "Lee Soo Man, if you're watching, promote BoA to vice president".

This I can fully support. I think it's about time the first generation idols pass the reins to the current generation and let them bring in change. Except for JYP. That dude is a boss no matter how old he is lol.

I don't think you can write them off just yet. I think some of the issues surrounding the Sexy Love comeback was because it was all so new, people were annoyed, and obviously the girls were really upset. Hardly any live stages, lack of variety shows, etc. Of course, much of it has to do with the strength of their next song and concept, but if they continue to step up and regain their confidence (e.g. Hyomin recently on Vitamin, 16 minute live set at the GDs), I think they can convert some of that into some kind of success in Korea. Yea, there will be antis that will always have a grudge and throw eggs, so will they ever repeat the success of 1-2 years ago? I'm not too sure. But I want to see them try.

Well, part of it is that T-ara are practically unofficially banned from TV since that scandal rose up. The TV stations didn't wanna do anything with them, and KKS wouldn't let them on TV either since everyone would just ask them about the scandal.

I think it would take more than the perfect song for them to regain their success. That scandal needs to be erased from this world before they can really achieve anything else. Just look at the scandals from Tablo and Jay Park, both of their scandals ended really well with the netizens forgiving them because they spoke the truth. Unless KKS or T-ara have a tell all and come fully clean, I honestly don't think it would happen.

Remyzero

Hello guys. If anyone that comes to Korea is interested in doing some volunteer work, experience something really new and unique while visiting the country, having valueable moments and rare chances to interact with koreans in a different way, I recommend that everyone goes to Angel House. I have been there. I'm gonna put a link below with a english-speaker native explaining how it works and what kind of other volunteers work you can do in Korea. Even if you are not interested, is worth a look because you can tell your friends about it.

Link: http://www.myseveralworlds.com/2012...y-about-volunteering-at-angel-house-in-seoul/

A picture of me cooking!
Pretty cool stuff.

Dokish, you cooking to lil b?

neoism

If it was live then I don't blame them. They performed for the very first time in the Philippines the day before Inkigayo. I don't know the exact details of the concert, but the last flight out of Manila to Seoul is at 1AM and it's a 3-4 hour flight. Assuming they immediately left the country after the concert, they'd get back to Seoul around 5am. The exact time they go on for their hair and makeup.

I've made that same flight more than 3 times and I can tell you, no matter where you're sitting(first, business or coach) that flight is exhausting as hell. You're really not gonna be able to get any rest since it's such a short flight. Close your eyes and next thing you know you're about to land in Incheon. >__<
man they're workingem to the bone.... hope that get some down time in japan :/

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Finished the essentials thing in the op. Clicking the banner takes you to a playlist. All of the mv pictures are also linked directly to a video.

Alta1r

Sica does pretty well on the more Western/international lists. She was one of (I think) three total Koreans to make a most beautiful list in 2011 too. It's somewhere in the second or third kpopgaf thread.

Sulli, from the latest RM

Lol. "The Garden of Delights." I wonder how big the RM following is in Spanish-speaking countries.

Bonus: Taeng reactiong to hearing her own voice. lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fsbtNFVem-A

Haha. I love how she didn't even recognize herself at first. That's some trippy stuff though. It's weird as hell hearing my own speaking voice on a recording, it'd be even weirder hearing myself singing. Although idols are probably all used to it by now.

tumblr_mgq3oqUtdz1qb1285o1_250.gif
tumblr_mgq3oqUtdz1qb1285o1_250.gif

Alta1r

I'm hoping not. They did a performance in Korea recently didn't they? A Sexy Love remix as part of some awards show or Christmas special or something. And they didn't get completely black-sea'd. Since Hwayoung kind of disappeared, I think it shouldn't be as difficult for T-ara to start making some inroads back into Korean activities.

Loll, both those clips are fantastic. Hyo's tearin' it up in the Happy Together clip. "I like going to bars." "Do you go to clubs?" "...I don't know... We're all over 20 now!" lol. Poor Seobaby, stands up during the "I look prettier without makeup" question and gets told to sit back down, loll.

Finished the essentials thing in the op. Clicking the banner takes you to a playlist. All of the mv pictures are also linked directly to a video.

Nice. Exid as "essential" seems out of place. Errthing else looks good though. Is that poll still happening?

tumblr_mgpx7xTeHE1r8s3h9o3_500.png

roaSone

This win win episode is probably one of the best talk show they've ever done. I've watched it like 4 times already or maybe more.

vanty

Every Night wins out aye. Peru gets like five votes instead of one or something? ahah

Good to see it's almost hit 2m though. I Feel Good still slowly creeping towards a million.

Uhhh, this is weird.

5GsxwYy.jpg

Dave Hughes is possibly the biggest comedian in Australia and easily one of the most famous people in the country. And he just tweeted some weird message to Seungri.... Who he doesn't follow and I don't know how he would have ever heard of him.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Today I learned, we men have been doing it wrong all this time. I thought it was a thrusting motion, but according to Nicole we're actually supposed to wiggle it. Maybe that's why that perfect spot is a myth...
Well, that is how you start before you change methods.

iirkcJW6jHYgm.gif

But then she might not know what she's talking about, because this looks scary.

ibgwCN741fNcGm.gif

Ashhong

Did we have a poll for the song stuff?

Nicole is using her hands and some words to try and get the guest to guess a certain word or phrase. Something like that.

Well, that is how you start before you change methods.

But then she might not know what she's talking about, because this looks scary.

I've seen the first gif, but that second one... hoooly shit. It's soooo wrong without context.

I can't even write anything clever for it.

@_________@

Lol. You find me a deer punching gif and I'll post it. :D

Maybe our gif hunting skills suck, but yeah it's impossible to find one. Maybe someone can find one and post it lol.

Quadratic

Caught the Secret performance at the Golden Disk awards. Wow. So. Freaking. Awesome. Singing live with the choreo. Respect.

tumblr_mgwl0cNijv1r9m49wo2_250.gif

Edit: I wish Zinger was there in Malaysia.

Alta1r

Maybe our gif hunting skills suck, but yeah it's impossible to find one. Maybe someone can find one and post it lol.

Best I found was this:

deer.gif

Because we all know Yoong is a lover not a fighter. When you're on top of the world as it is, there's little use in fighting. ^^

Search "Nicole level with me". One of the funniest things I have seen in a while.

It cannot be... grasped.

ibviPYdqRahYNx.gif

The difference in clothing in the gifs and cole's English knowledge makes me think she's deliberately trolling the Korean media. Also, &#50780; llehuty &#50780;. I just watched ten minutes of Nicole video related to "level with me" and it shed no light on the entire situation. I'm not actually interested in the alien, I just want to know what she was doing in those gifs.

tumblr_mgvf4ynsoF1rxzcxmo1_250.gif
tumblr_mgvf4ynsoF1rxzcxmo1_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom