• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Yoona there tho

Looking at the pre-debut stuff, she apparently was the "face" of the group. Supposedly, the reason why they're 9 members instead of any other number is coz Taeng, Fany, Sica, Seobby, and Sunny are the singers and Syoung, Yuri, Hyoyeon and Yoong are the dancers. But out of the 9, SM decided that Yoona was the "face" of the group for some reason. Does anybody know why? Lol.

Either way, it is what it is. And I'll say that Hyo actually brought something amazing to the table that is Soshi. The singers I can fully understand, but with the dancers, Hyo and Yuri are the only ones who can actually be called legit dancers. Syoung and Yoong on the other hand, even fat dudes from Houston can dance better than them.

Alta1r

Looking at the pre-debut stuff, she apparently was the "face" of the group. Supposedly, the reason why they're 9 members instead of any other number is coz Taeng, Fany, Sica, Seobby, and Sunny are the singers and Syoung, Yuri, Hyoyeon and Yoong are the dancers. But out of the 9, SM decided that Yoona was the "face" of the group for some reason. Does anybody know why? Lol.

Either way, it is what it is. And I'll say that Hyo actually brought something amazing to the table that is Soshi. The singers I can fully understand, but with the dancers, Hyo and Yuri are the only ones who can actually be called legit dancers. Syoung and Yoong on the other hand, even fat dudes from Houston can dance better than them.

Lol. I'll bite. She's the face because she's generally considered the best looking idol in Soshi, if not in kpop. She consistently wins or gets into the top 3 of fan and idol polls for most beautiful girl in kpop (and as far as I know has only ever been ranked below a fellow Soshi member once - some street poll that put Seobaby up top). She's also consistently the most popular Soshi member, with Taengoo giving her some competition every once in a while. And she rakes in the most non-Soshi money, i.e. doing commercials, dramas, etc. - i.e. things that she uses her face to sell.

edit: Taengoo has beaten her in the looks polls a couple times as well.

tumblr_mgqwcqdxEc1qbrlvdo1_500.gif

beatsan

Neo Member
Yoona fills the long neck and broad shoulders role. (lol)

But I see what you guys are saying about Hyoyeon. It's cool that she can joke about it too

Edit: Up to Family Outing episode 5. Hyori is always messing with the nation's MC. Comedy gold

giri

Lol. I'll bite. She's the face because she's generally considered the best looking idol in Soshi, if not in kpop. She consistently wins or gets into the top 3 of fan and idol polls for most beautiful girl in kpop (and as far as I know has only ever been ranked below a fellow Soshi member once - some street poll that put Seobaby up top). She's also consistently the most popular Soshi member, with Taengoo giving her some competition every once in a while. And she rakes in the most non-Soshi money, i.e. doing commercials, dramas, etc. - i.e. things that she uses her face to sell.

tumblr_mgqwcqdxEc1qbrlvdo1_500.gif

Yoona wins the money stuff because of her drama's. Which was a really smart move for her early on. But i believe Yuri beats her regularly in polls about looks.

But in terms of general popularity, Taeyeon is probably the most picked after Yoona, yeah.

Alta1r

Yoona wins the money stuff because of her drama's. Which was a really smart move for her early on. But i believe Yuri beats her regularly in polls about looks.

But in terms of general popularity, Taeyeon is probably the most picked after Yoona, yeah.

I haven't seen Yuri beat Yoona in any polls about looks. Or any polls really. Yuri, surprisingly, doesn't do that well in polls. Here's a few recent Yoona ones from a list of a bunch:

-- SNSD Yoona is on the 1st place for 'Plastic surgeons rank the best looking male and female idols'. (Won Jin Plastic Surgery)(Oct 2011)(7 points)

-- SNSD Yoona is on the 1st place for 'The most beautiful/best natural beauty in the Korean entertainment industry.'. (Y-STAR)(Oct 2011)

-- SNSD Yoona is on the 1st place for 'SNSD's YoonA selected as most intelligent female idol.'. (Clinic in Seoul Gangnam’s Seochowon)(Oct 2011)(54.2%)(148 votes) [lol, halo effect?]

-- SNSD Yoona is on the 2nd place for 'The Most Beautiful Face among Idol Girl Groups'. (tvN)(Jan 2011)(109 votes) [1st place was Dara]

-- SNSD Yoona is on the 2nd place for 'Pretty Face Singer'. 1st if not including male singers. (MNet Idol Chart Show)(Aug 2011)

-- SNSD Yoona is on the 2nd place for '2011 Top 50 Most Prettiest Korean Female Idol'. (Nov 2011) [1st place was Taengoo, Yuri was 13]

-- SNSD Yoona is on the 2nd place for 'The Best-looking Female Idol'. (Every1 Weekly Idol)(Feb 4th 2012) [1st place was Jiyeon]

The list stops at April 2012, so it's slightly dated now, but she was also in the top 3, if not #1, in a couple polls that were posted in this thread a few months back.

tumblr_mgqcpzBh5R1rp46r0o1_500.png

luso

Lol at some of those polls...

Yoona is the face because she already appeared and some music videos and CFs.
It was the most known member at debut time. Being pretty and taller of course also helped to be the "center".

When the drama You Are My Destiny skyrocketed in ratings, she definitely deserved the title, ahjummas recognized her all the time and by proxy, helped SNSD a little bit to be known to older generations.

RubyFaith

20130119-153520.jpg

fx_sulli: 꿘쏘 배숮 깡지 썰♥ 지영아생일축하했어♥ 20살된거축하하고 말안해도내맘알지?

fx_sulli: known Sso Bae Suj Kkang Ji Ssul♥ Jiyoung ah happy birthday♥ celebrating you turning 20, no words need to be said, you’l understand my heart right?♥♥♥

Credits: Sulli me2day
Translated by: Basket Stranger @ Affxtion.com
via missAnews

+ Sohyun selca

tumblr_mgvpf9TrFV1rob8vyo1_500.jpg

2San

I remember someone making a thread about this on another forum site and pretty much everyone except for Sones concluded that it was a list with no worth whatsoever. Mostly because Dountz ranked 97 and I wouldn't rank Soshi above her in any capacity.
Doutzen Kroes is amazing. I am a bit biased in this case though.

edit: ScarJo 100? Really?!

W_Dreamer

Dude that poll has Chloe Moretz as 4th most beautiful face. First off, no. Second, she's 15. Poll cannot be trusted.

This.

Its cool to see Kpop girls on the list and see they are getting international recognition, but Chloe Moretz as 4th sinks the integrity of the ranking faster than the Titanic.

I still think she was really cool in Kickass though.

I know the list was pretty bad, I mean IU over Mila Kunis and Emma Stone?? Fuuuuuck no.

I just posted it since Alt's list was all based in Korea, I thought it'd be interesting to post an international list and it looks like I was right haha.

At least I know K-Pop GAF actually has good taste for women. Props to all of y'all who called it shitty lol.

Niks

Yoona is the "face" of soshi because she has the most beautiful face + most recognizable face in soshi according to koreans.

In terms of popularity, yoon and taeng are pretty even in Korea. Globally taeng slays though.

Is it just me or does that girl look familiar?

Lol I'm more surprised that gaming events are starting to look more civilized these days.

I was at Quakecon 2 years ago and I felt like an outcast for wearing a pair of flip flops, cargo shorts from Hollister and a pique polo from Express. It got worse when a cute girl came up to me and told me that I look way too dressed up to be at these kind of events haha.

Is this at a T-ara concert?

oh-you-930672632351_u18chan.jpeg

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
I don't even know who that is, but what is the point of your post? Are you saying it's impossible for someone 'underaged' to be pretty or whatever?
Because she's like 9 and she's #4 on a list of 2012's most beautiful faces. Kinda weird dontcha think?

jokkir

To those who know Korean, can you tell me what's the difference between "ㄱ" and "ㅋ"? I know that ㄱ makes a g/k sound and that ㅋ makes a "k" sound (or q sound) but I've seen ㄱ used as a k sound like in "다이나믹 듀오 (Dynamic Duo).

So which character should you use? >__>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom