• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Did they say she has a meaty nose? :(
image.php

lol you know I love namie but it was too funny imagining it from her

Selane

Christ, that new 4minute song is garbage. Plus the concept looks like they were trying to copy the awful most recent SNSD song. Seriously I think I might have to jump ship on this group, at this point the only thing they have going for them is Jihyun and Sohyun's attractiveness.

Between a lot of these shitty comebacks lately it makes it seem like a lot of these companies don't even know what constitutes a good song, it's like they're just releasing random garbage and hoping people like it. Even that new T-ara song sounds bad even though CCM usually has pretty good songs. Guess I just need to wait for 9m to save us.

Nine Muses/Hello Venus/Girl's Day/C-Clown are the only ones who have delivered so far this year, at least for me.

edit: I Yah wasn't bad either

Peru

Lyn's song is your typical dogshit Korean ballad with a your typical constipated rapper on top - what do you guys hear in this? Maybe her collab with Younha on the latter's new mini album will be better.

See Baek Ji Young's "Hate It" and "Acacia" for solid overdramatic K-ballads anno 2013.

4Minute's song is ok but lacks the impact of their first two singles and it's mostly about the vocals. The beat is pretty hot but there's no power in what the members are given and what they do with the lines here, not the vocal melody, not the rap parts. Probably a grower anyway.

Shinee's song is.. interesting. Kenzie is the unpredictable SM songwriter, don't know if this is her most successful experiment though. Explosive enough for some solid live performances.

History - pretty solid debut, very Loen.

Dice

4Minute's song is ok but lacks the impact of their first two singles and it's mostly about the vocals. The beat is pretty hot but there's no power in what the members are given and what they do with the lines here, not the vocal melody, not the rap parts. Probably a grower anyway.
I think it will grow on me to some unknown extent, but overall they never should have gone with Brave Brothers. He's just incapable of understanding what the group is about and the other tracks prove that. The rest of the songs are an upgrade of their early sound, just as they said, but the title track is lacking weight and aimless because he doesn't get it.
The Siskel & Ebert of K-Pop GAF have spoken. 4minute is supposed to hit hard and fierce. You have failed, Brave Brothers.

Kabuto

damnnn I haven't heard the non title tracks yet but I think What's Your Name is pretty good! Video is cool but it looks too similar to I Got a Boy. Gayoon looks good tho

SHinee is meh

llehuty

Wow, actually What's my name? is the worst song of the mini by a long shot... smh. Any chance of releasing another MV from the same album, like they did in the past?

History debut sounds great, I like this type of "mature-ish" new boy groups like C-clown and... well that's it.

I still can't believe 9muses comeback is in less than 2 weeks.

Pendulum

4MINUTE - '이름이 뭐예요? (What's Your Name?)' (Official Music Video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-IJWqIHioA&hd=1

[AUDIO] 4minute (포미닛) - Whatever [Mini Album - Name Is 4minute]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0VbfR9W9uU&hd=1

[AUDIO] 4minute (포미닛) - 이름이 뭐예요? (What's Your Name?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaBEnhx_oMw&hd=1

[AUDIO] 4minute (포미닛) - Gimme That [Mini Album - Name Is 4minute]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oYIb4MhIOg&hd=1

[AUDIO]4minute (포미닛) - Domino [Mini Album - Name Is 4minute]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67O_b2ynCjw&hd=1

Title track is disappointing. No meat to it, either from the beats or vocals. And I'm tired of the rising and falling "bleeEEEEpBLOooooop" that's pervaded hip hop/dance these days. However, it was good to hear a rap with effort from Hyuna on "Whatever". Any of the other 3 songs would have been preferable. If the MV is any indication, I unfortunately don't see the stage performances being special.

[Teaser] T-ARA N4(티아라 N4) _ Jeon Won Diary(전원일기) (Dance ver.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxMebvRa7Gc&hd=1

Yes. Duble Yes.

tumblr_mluji1BIzb1rudls9o1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_mluji1BIzb1rudls9o2_r1_500.gif

tumblr_mluji1BIzb1rudls9o3_r1_500.gif

tumblr_mluji1BIzb1rudls9o4_r1_500.gif

tumblr_mlueousGNA1rhueqko2_500.jpg

Better than the official promo shots.

----

Old? I see Edgeward posted a pic above, but Kahi started a blog. There's the link, anyway.

i remember lime was like the it girl around hello venus debut.

now that the hype for her has died down completely, OC was right.

yoo ara #1
No, Lime is still awesome. Though I guess Ara's thick-ass legs are awesome too.

Fuck yes.

Seriously though, Yoo Ji Ae's "Delight" is the summer jam of the year http://youtu.be/uw1ZSSS4hjE

puppy-falling-asleep-o.gif

Anybody else starting to like d-unit?

I think a lot of us are. First two songs were boring, and I was getting excited about being able to discard a rookie group of '12 completely. Then they started putting out one great song after another. Talk To My Face in particular is amazing. And it's great for live performances too. I hope they keep the new member. I know some of you pretentious fucks like small groups, but fuck that. The more the merrier. Nine is the perfect size! Also... No, never mind.

4MINUTE - '이름이 뭐예요? (What's Your Name?)' (Official Music Video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-IJWqIHioA&hd=1

Disappointing.

So this sounds exactly like the teaser........................................... :(

Gayoon's part gave me hope but naw.. pass..

This. Gayoons parts are the only sections that aren't dreadful. Also, is it just me, or doesn't Jiyoon have any lines? Can't remember ever seeing a song where the strongest vocalist doesn't have a single line.

More songs

puppy-falling-asleep-o.gif

T-ara N4, HV, Secret or someone else better bring some goods.

Don't know what you guys were expecting from 4minute though.

Something like Dream Racer, Volume Up or Mirror Mirror preferably. But I would have settled for something along the lines of Hyunas and 2Yoons latest stuff which was okay.

and of course, the non title tracks on 4minute's mini are all better.

It was all shit imo.

So...

SNSD with the crappy Beep Beep thing (and the underwhelming latest songs)
Crayon Pop on "hiatus"
4minute Fucking shit
T-Ara dead
Hello Venus with more of the same concept, already annoying
etc

K-Pop is doomed?

EDIT: Fuck YEAH I'M FINALLY MEETING SNSD! I wanna first roll tickets.

Nonsense. Beep Beep was amazing... The Japanese song they actually promoted was somewhat bland though. But the Korean album they released was divine. Baby Maybe and Express 999 in particular are both top ten SNSD song contenders. IGAB was also great after a couple of listens. A serious grower.

Did they say she has a meaty nose? :(

No one can beat of LEs nose imo. I am always reminded of these when I see her.

roaSone

History is very solid. Huge rookie indeed, LOEN never disappoint us. 4minute is meh indeed... I find SHINee's song interesting, lives are gonna be sick on such a song.

Out to listen whole albums of these.

Edit : Confirmation of History's solid debut, others songs are as great. 4minute's isn't bad but why did they choose the worst track to promote? tsk tsk...

No No Eul

KBS to reconsider their decision on banning Psy’s “Gentleman” Music Video

After SBS and MBC passed the broadcast regulations for “Gentleman“, KBS has announced that they will be reconsidering their decision.

KBS said, “There was a point in the internal decisions that was wrong, so we are planning to reevaluate the MV again. There is no decided date on when the reevaluation will take place.”

Previously, KBS had deemed the MV unfit for broadcast. However, it was later revealed that only 3 evaluators were present at the evaluation proceeding, and therefore blah blah blah pathetic as fuck excuse.

What a massive crock of shit.

I can't disagree with any of that, and I think Dice is right about it being aimless and lacking weight. Having said that, I still really, really like it and it's growing on me with each listen.

I quite like Shinee's single too...

[Teaser] T-ARA N4(티아라 N4) _ Jeon Won Diary(전원일기) (Dance ver.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxMebvRa7Gc&hd=1

That looks awesome, in a weird sort of way. It kind of reminds me of Yayaya in that it's so silly and obnoxious that I can't help but love it.

LE finished her LEGO VW.

LE the best.

luso

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-IJWqIHioA

Youtube for 4minute's video for anyone keen.

Not as bad as I was afraid but also does not stands much, maybe with more listenings but that electronic whistle/tune can be annoying. And they managed somehow to put zombies for some reason.

About possible SNSD's world tour, if it was back in 2011 or even last year, with the first tour, surely I would be more hyped than now.
I think the first tour was almost flawless, higher production and better developed than this second one. Maybe it was also because of the awesomeness of the first Japanese album and solo acts
and Taeny marmalade
, but this second concert tour was done with lower standards imo.
Now if there is a concert in Europe, I'm not sure if I'll go.

Hellix

Not as bad as I was afraid but also does not stands much, maybe with more listenings but that electronic whistle/tune can be annoying. And they managed somehow to put zombies for some reason.

It did seem random and forced. The MV was already halfway over, and I had totally forgotten about it being a zombie concept. Then suddenly... zombies.

Dice

The zombies got us great reactions from sohyun & jihyun. I'll probably gif them later.

dokish

Banned
Goodbye Stage, right? Thank you for the fun performances, ladies. :)

Korean cameraman's have no fucking idea how to do their job, geez. When the group start singing the chorus, they just FUCKING ZOOM OUT, what the hell? Then the camera start bouncing around.

Come on, guys. Pay me a bottle a soju and noodles everyday and I'll do a better job.

Pendulum

Posted 25m ago. Not alone? Probably her family.
tumblr_mlv5rbLmhd1r9lfpfo1_500.jpg

Hard to pick where she is from that background. Lots of souvenir shops near me around Victoria (if she's looking at Buckingham Palace, or Big Ben or whatever) but lots all over the West End.

I'm actually working from home today, so theoretically I could go stalking :p

By the way, what's the app that Taeyeon is using to splice two pics together like that? Does Instagram do that?

Pendulum

allkpop said:
‘Infinity Challenge‘ will be bringing on nearly 50 idols for their 8th anniversary special!

The 8th anniversary special will be similar to KBS‘s ‘Challenge Golden Bell‘, where the members will compete with each other on a quiz show. Of course, being ‘Infinity Challenge’, there’s a twist – the ones moving onto the next rounds will be the ones who are actually the worst at the quizzes.

They’ll be having team rounds with various idol groups, and some of the idol groups revealed to be invited include SHINee, 4minute, and After School.

There’ll be a total of around 50 idols who come out separately during the episode, and the special will be divided into 2 episodes.

Rumor is:

Nearly 50 Idols Full List + Team + Leader:

1. BAP + G.Na (Team A) - Park Myung Soo

2. Afterschool (Team B) - Jung Jun Ha

3. Infinite + Secret (Team C) - Noh Hong Chul

4. Teen Top + 4Minute (Team D) - HaHa

5. Shinee + Ailee (Team E) - Jung Hyung Don

6. Girl’s Day + K.Will - Gil

Yoo Jae Suk would probably be the Main MC of that episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom