• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

llehuty

Week #18

T-ara N4 - Countryside Life (29/04)
t-ara+n4+concept+pictures+%2837%29.jpg
Teaser 1
Teaser 2
Teaser 3
Teaser 4

Secret - YooHoo from Letter from Secret (30/04)

Teaser
Flop concepts don't deserve more pictures

Younha - Just Listen (02/05)

Teaser

Hello Venus - Do you want some tea? (02/05)

Teaser

Phone - Pick up the phone (29/04)

Teaser

Things I found while doing this post:

Younha song for some baseball videogame OST
Younha - Run MV (baseball videogame version) <-- this song is still flawless.

RubyFaith

Wasn't the lineup pretty terrible outside of 2 headliners?

and they were only going to be doing small sets of like 3 - 4 songs or something dumb?

Idk

I only really favor Beast out of everyone but I like some of BTOB's songs. ZE:A 5 has a different sound from the actual group so I wasn't checking for their performances.
Jewelry was probably good since they did Look at Me Now.

neoism

Both I think. See post below

We are coming for you.

Holy shit. SeoHyun used to have short hair?!? HYOYEON WAS UGLIER THAN THE DEVIL! HOLY CRAP.

I'm kinda glad I missed early SNSD.

Taeyeon, Tiffany and Sunny were the only salvageable material. Ok, Yoona too. Yuri was weird.

tumblr_m8f1f7CRHI1rtc9of.gif

giri

Idk

I only really favor Beast out of everyone but I like some of BTOB's songs. ZE:A 5 has a different sound from the actual group so I wasn't checking for their performances.
Jewelry was probably good since they did Look at Me Now.

i dunno, after R&I i'm not as big a yewon fan. But that album was pretty solid regardless.

Pendulum

T-ara N4 tracklist for mini:

1. &#51204;&#50896;&#51068;&#44592;(&#30000;&#36960;&#26085;&#35352;) (Feat.&#51060;&#45800;&#50694;&#52264;&#44592; & &#53468;&#50868;)
  2. &#51204;&#50896;&#51068;&#44592; (Feat.&#51060;&#45800;&#50694;&#52264;&#44592; & &#53468;&#50868;)
  3. Can We Love (Feat.&#51060;&#45800;&#50694;&#52264;&#44592;)
  4. &#51204;&#50896;&#51068;&#44592; (MR ver)
  5. Can We Love (INST)

Two songs, 5 versions.

Chesskid1

Banned
im really liking it after a few listens!! yess

wish eunjung had a rap tho

still need to watch drama vers but downloading at 100kb/sec hfdfhsdjfsdjxcx

Honey Bunny

A really safe song, I don't dislike it but it's not special.

The holy t-rinity looking fine tho.
and Ahreum less offensive than usual

edit: Drama mv is dope more groups should do them

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Wow.

That was a truly special achievement.

I am completely amazed.

...that they found a way to make their MV direction even worse.

Okay, after just witnessing the most visually annoying thing I have seen all year, I'm going to need to recover to give more productive thoughts.

ramyeon

So I don't understand this T-ara subunit. It sounds exactly like any other T-ara song minus some members. In fact having some of the other members (IE: Soyeon) would have actually made this song better.

Aren't sub units supposed to do something different?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Okay, the cool drama version helped me get over the horrible, HORRIBLE dance version. I will now spew random thoughts.

-Someone needs to have the shit kicked out of them for the direction of the dance MV.
-Jiyeon and Eunjung are super hot.
-Hyomin and Jiyeon are really good at throwing their boobs around, ma lawd.
-Confirmed Areum not as offensive as usual.
-Song is totally weird. Slow intro, jump to rap break before there is even a verse, then keep hitting the reset button several times before the song is over.
-Supplementing your girl subunit with a boy rapper when you have two great rappers in the group already doesn't show much confidence in the members and comes off a bit sexist.
-Choreo is meh for a TV stage show, but brilliant for something reasonably crowd participatory, especially in countries like Vietnam and Thailand where they are super fucking popular.
-The song will require more energy than they will have after the first two weeks to hit its potential impact.
-Jiyeon ma lawd girl do you even know oh jesus mercy me oh my. Fuck.
-Shockingly, KMK was a weakness to the video. I guess she doesn't do "dork" very endearingly.
-Song has MASSIVE potential for remixes. Real ones, not the shitty CCM kind where there is a new instrument for a 15 second intro then it goes back to normal.

This is a great point. Usually you do a subunit not just for kicks, but to do something that is a too far departure from your base concept. Less people on stage allows you to do crazier things and have it not be overwhelming, or perhaps not even to be off the wall but to show off member skills more than you would be able to otherwise. This does neither. As you said, it seems like a T-ara song with less members. since the others are doing promotions in Japan while they do promotions in Korea, this is obviously about income optimization rather than a creative decision.

beatsan

Neo Member
The drama MV is pretty fun. Let's ignore the dance version.

The song is okay, but it somehow feels empty at some points. Maybe it's the lack of vocals towards the end? Still it's very dance-worthy and will probably catch on.

i think the only thing similar to IGAB is the style for the Dance MV. Otherwise, I don't get the comparison.

Anyway, I like their lighter second track. Definitely like the arrangement better than the title track.

T-ARA N4 - Can We Love (Feat. Duble Kick)

rabbit wakes up and immediately breaks into dance lol

Pendulum

i7RLJBXnKGwJA.gif

iSfJcQw0xTvse.gif

ibcX52EoWSpg07.gif

Dice said:
This is a great point. Usually you do a subunit not just for kicks, but to do something that is a too far departure from your base concept. Less people on stage allows you to do crazier things and have it not be overwhelming, or perhaps not even to be off the wall but to show off member skills more than you would be able to otherwise. This does neither. As you said, it seems like a T-ara song with less members. since the others are doing promotions in Japan while they do promotions in Korea, this is obviously about income optimization rather than a creative decision.

I'd say it's all about "face" and preparing for the next group comeback. I don't think CCM wanted to stray too far from T-ara's previous sounds as I believe they are using this to test/warm the waters in Korea. Give fans (and ex-fans) something familiar, something orientated towards fun (rather than their sexy personas) so it's uplifting, and if it falls flat? Well, it's "just a subunit". A subunit with a vastly different concept/sound is easier to dismiss and hate.

Peru

So I don't understand this T-ara subunit. It sounds exactly like any other T-ara song minus some members. In fact having some of the other members (IE: Soyeon) would have actually made this song better.

Not if you ask Sistar.

Anyway I think this sub-unit is for maximizing promotional period effectiveness - having Japan and Korea activities at the same time .

Song is catchy! Clearly made for consumption amongst masses of people.

T-ara 4ever!

Plus they got Kim Wan-sun for the drama MV! Legend.

Pendulum

ibiTNnuRtoXrci.gif

Edit: btw, I like Eunjung's haircut. If it's gonna be short, I much prefer it like this (similar to the TTL era), rather than the bob-type thing she's been sporting for a while.

Tenck

Edit: btw, I like Eunjung's haircut. If it's gonna be short, I much prefer it like this (similar to the TTL era), rather than the bob-type thing she's been sporting for a while.

Nooooooooooooooope. Any short style looks great on her. Though I do prefer bob-type more because I'm used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom